Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2022 7:57:36 PM EDT
I would like to see if the realtor costs I was quoted are good or too high.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 8:17:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I would like to see if the realtor costs I was quoted are good or too high.
View Quote

Not a "Realtor" ®   but 15 years of high level professional Real Estate experience.

Realtor Fees in Texas are completely negotiable.  

Seller (You) typically pays 6% of your sales price (which at closing is then split at 3% to Buyers Agent & 3% going to the Listing Agent (yours).

A number of companies (New Home Builders) did a "move up" where they paid 3% to your agent, who could then sell your house for only 3% commission out of your pocket.

You can also pay "flat rate fee (I'll sell your house for $,1000!!)", "expenses + certain %" or a number of other creative options.  It is all negotiable between what you & the Realtor agree to.

There are some legal restrictions on commissions & payments (rebating outside the deal or paying unlicensed 3rd parties) but pretty much it is whatever you agreed to.

BIGGER_HAMMER

Link Posted: 1/13/2022 11:18:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Only comment I have is do not ask or use Stanly Miller worst fucking agent in the state.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 12:54:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Selling?  Put it on your town's FB group.   "Hey! Just letting you know I plan on listing this 4 bed, 3 bath in 2 weeks.  LMK if interested. If so, we'll go through a RE attorney. Do not bring a RE agent, unless YOU are paying them their 3%.  If you are from Cali, NY, or IL, there's an extra 20% tacked onto the highest OTHER offer I get."

You'll sell in 5 hrs.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 1:43:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Selling?  Put it on your town's FB group.   "Hey! Just letting you know I plan on listing this 4 bed, 3 bath in 2 weeks.  LMK if interested. If so, we'll go through a RE attorney. Do not bring a RE agent, unless YOU are paying them their 3%.  If you are from Cali, NY, or IL, there's an extra 20% tacked onto the highest OTHER offer I get."

You'll sell in 5 hrs.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/16/2022 6:45:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Does the Avila family count?

https://2arealtygroup.kw.com
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 7:49:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You'll sell in 5 hrs.
View Quote
@Mugzilla

Have you personally done this?
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 9:25:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
@Mugzilla

Have you personally done this?
View Quote

No, but I have seen three on the closed FB group "flower Mound cares". People openly inquire, "Hey! we are moving to FM in a few months. Anyone want to sell their house?"

We plan on doing it when it is time.  And I WILL have a 5% surcharge for anyone moving from IL, CA, or NY to here.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 10:58:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

I dunno but I can tell you there are some real agents here
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top