Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2019 2:03:38 PM EDT
I’m sure this is a long shot, but anyone in central to south Louisiana have trucks or Jeeps that they like to take off road?

Does anyone have the low down on Kisatchie forest? I’ve heard they have plenty of logging roads and unpaved roads that can offer a mild trail riding experience, combined with a little overland style camping.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 6:43:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Kisatchie has miles of gravel roads but they really aren't all that rugged.  You would do just fine in an Accord on most of them.  Most of the "jeep trails" are off limits (and marked as such) to road-legal vehicles or closed during the winter months.  We used to do a lot of 4wheeling on the Forest Hill trails in the Alexander state forest years ago.  Not sure if they still allow it now or not.  This time of year can get dicey if you mess up a deer hunter's spot too.  Tons of hunters in those areas.  Sorry that's all I know about.  Good luck!

@ alpha0815
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 10:28:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info. Yeah, I kind of assumed that most of Kisatchie is going to be too mild. However there are a few YouTube vids of people hitting some more advanced areas. But it’s so big and so many entrances....there isn’t a guide that gives the lay of the land. At least I haven’t found one.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 1:47:15 PM EDT
[#3]
There are some pretty rugged areas out there but most are only for ORVs.  These are the trails near Forest Hill.  We used to be able to run jeeps and trucks on them but they are not allowed any more it looks like.  If I were you I'd get a side-by-side.  MUCH more options with those.  Just keep in mind some of the trails have width limits.  Also check out the Sandstone trail north of Alec.  Sucks that parts of it are closed during the winter though.

Clairborne trails

Sandstone trail
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:30:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are some pretty rugged areas out there but most are only for ORVs.  These are the trails near Forest Hill.  We used to be able to run jeeps and trucks on them but they are not allowed any more it looks like.  If I were you I'd get a side-by-side.  MUCH more options with those.  Just keep in mind some of the trails have width limits.  Also check out the Sandstone trail north of Alec.  Sucks that parts of it are closed during the winter though.

Clairborne trails

Sandstone trail
View Quote
I just sold my RZR 1000, lol. Same problem...didn’t use it enough. Couldn’t stand having a $20k machine sitting in the garage. I don’t have much time anymore, either. Was just looking for somewhere to try out the new tires on my truck and my buddies 4Runner that we’ve been working on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top