Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2020 4:36:46 PM EDT
Like the title says does anybody here live in Gettysburg? I have ordered something from a business in Gettysburg it was picked up on Monday and it has been sitting at the post office since Monday was supposed to be delivered today.

No one is answering the phone at the post office on Buford Avenue. Does anybody know if the post office is even open or is it being closed down because of the Shanghai shivers? I'm just trying to figure out what the hell is going on with my package.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 8:10:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw this right before heading to Gettysburg for a personal errand. The post office was 2 blocks away so I went and had a look. It looked like buisness as usual. Lobby was closed but there were plenty of lights on and cars in the parking lots. Even had a now hiring sign in the front window.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 8:12:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I saw this right before heading to Gettysburg for a personal errand. The post office was 2 blocks away so I went and had a look. It looked like buisness as usual. Lobby was closed but there were plenty of lights on and cars in the parking lots. Even had a now hiring sign in the front window.
View Quote

Thx...hopefully my package will arrive soon.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 11:12:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Don’t bet on the post office keeping any sort of schedule.
I sent a USPS MO out on 10/7 Priority mail and it wasn’t delivered until 10/21.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 5:45:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Thx...hopefully my package will arrive soon.
View Quote

Your welcome
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 12:35:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like you got the info you want, however, I do live in Gettysburg, if you need anything else.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 12:39:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Sounds like you got the info you want, however, I do live in Gettysburg, if you need anything else.
View Quote

It's not exactly the info I wanted LOL however I did hear from the shop owner that I bought the item from and he actually went to the post office yesterday and the postmaster told him that they are supposedly overwhelmed with mail-in ballots and that is why no packages have left the Gettysburg post office. Of course I don't know if that is the actual straightdope or not since I can't get anybody to answer the phone at the Gettysburg post office.

I appreciate the offer though, right now I'd have no idea what to do to be honest it's been over a week since it was picked up and it's just sitting at the post office
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top