Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2024 9:29:09 PM EDT
I have several bandsaw blades from my sawmill that are junk. I didn’t know if any one could use them when forging different metals together. They are 1.25” x 167” long. I’m near Sedalia but would meet most any where in that area if someone would like them.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 9:52:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Look up Heath Creek Forge on Facebook.  He's between I-70 and Sedalia.  He was a competitor on Forged in Fire a few years back.  He made it to the final round but lost.  

Heath Creek Forge
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 11:28:29 AM EDT
[#2]
The Blacksmith Association of Missouri holds their annual convention at the fairgrounds the first weekend in May. It'll be located at the Swine Pavilion and Friday and Saturday are the best days to attend. There'll be smiths there that would buy or trade for your items.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 11:20:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I forgot about the Blacksmith convention at the fairgrounds. I’ll probably have a few more by May at the rate I’m going.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 10:17:26 AM EDT
[#4]
This won't do you any good now, but knifemaker Corbin Newcomb used to hold a Damascus making hammer-in at his shop near Moberly. He got a dozen or more knifemakers to attend every year. Seems like there is a lot of interest in knifemaking. Also, Don Hanson's shop is down around Licking. He's another well-regarded maker of Damascus knives.

The BAM group is probably your best bet, though.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 10:53:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Another recommendation for Colton @ Heath Creek forge.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top