Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/4/2023 5:19:39 PM EDT
Having a hard time finding any local online communities that are good for buying/selling.
Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 7:44:04 PM EDT
[#1]
PM sent.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 7:07:49 AM EDT
[#2]
firearms? good luck....for other random household items/vehicles/tools etc...FB market place seems to be worth watching.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 8:54:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jmo371:
firearms? good luck....for other random household items/vehicles/tools etc...FB market place seems to be worth watching.
View Quote

Yeah firearms. Recently moved to NH. Only place I've ever lived where there were wasn't a bunch of options.

Any reason there aren't any?
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 3:04:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By comma:

Yeah firearms. Recently moved to NH. Only place I've ever lived where there were wasn't a bunch of options.

Any reason there aren't any?
View Quote

There is armslist....not as active as it used to be.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 4:53:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks. Surprised to hear there is no real active community.

Does anybody know if for sale ads can be placed here in the NH hometown forum?
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 5:45:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FDC] [#6]
Thanks. Surprised to hear there is no real active community.

Does anybody know if for sale ads can be placed here in the NH hometown forum?
View Quote

Unfortunately we can't.  No selling outside the EE is a hard and fast rule on the site.

There is a link to EE sales by state in the stickies above.

IMO, the reason for a lack of an active buy/sell page is likely due to the state being so small and it would likely be hard to gain an active group of participants.

There is a tiny subreddit r/nhguns, but it is reddit.  I don't want to meet any reddit poster.

The regional forum is 87% massholes who are clueless on gun laws, so you'll get them harassing you for listing a pistol at a normal price instead of their jacked up Mass price.  They simply don't understand that you can't do FTF sales across state lines and I'm not driving into MA where it is illegal for me to have a firearm just to facilitate their dumb asses.

eta:  regional forum.  You have to pay to sell there.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 7:19:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jmo371] [#7]
Originally Posted By FDC:

Unfortunately we can't.  No selling outside the EE is a hard and fast rule on the site.

IMO, the reason for a lack of an active buy/sell page is likely due to the state being so small and it would likely be hard to gain an active group of participants.

There is a tiny subreddit r/nhguns, but it is reddit.  I don't want to meet any reddit poster.

The regional forum is 87% massholes who are clueless on gun laws, so you'll get them harassing you for listing a pistol at a normal price instead of their jacked up Mass price.  They simply don't understand that you can't do FTF sales across state lines and I'm not driving into MA where it is illegal for me to have a firearm just to facilitate their dumb asses.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/99516/tards_jpg-2874922.JPG
View Quote

You can list Items for Sale in the EE and Just put in the description and the text of the add, Local Sale only kind of thing.

Like I could list a FS add in the EE for Handguns, FS Gen 4 Glock 17 in Northern NH.

Then explicitly state again in the add it is for local sale only....I sold a WASR 10 to an Arfcommer like that a few years back.
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 7:30:52 AM EDT
[#8]

You can list Items for Sale in the EE and Just put in the description and the text of the add, Local Sale only kind of thing.

Like I could list a FS add in the EE for Handguns, FS Gen 4 Glock 17 in Northern NH.

Then explicitly state again in the add it is for local sale only....I sold a WASR 10 to an Arfcommer like that a few years back.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yep, I did that plenty of times when I lived in AK.  

It works out well-especially when you put it in the title too.

Occasionally I would be harassed about shipping as I often had decent prices listed.  I was like, I would love to, but do you know what the price of next day air out of Alaska is.

Bought a Security Six on GB back then and the dude grossly underestimated shipping cost when he said free shipping.  It ended up being $80 so I cut him an extra check for $40.  This was over 15 years ago, I shudder to think what it is now.
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 10:34:48 AM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

Yeah, was thinking about joining there, but not if there isn't a good NH representation
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 3:02:41 PM EDT
[#10]
https://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/xii/159/159-mrg.htm
Sec. 159:10 Sale without License.
Any person who, without being licensed as herein provided, sells, advertises or exposes for sale, or has in his possession with intent to sell, pistols or revolvers shall be guilty of a class B felony if a natural person, or guilty of a felony if any other person.
View All Quotes
Any person who, without being licensed as herein provided, sells, advertises or exposes for sale, or has in his possession with intent to sell, pistols or revolvers shall be guilty of a class B felony if a natural person, or guilty of a felony if any other person.
However:
 159:14 Exemption. – None of the provisions of this chapter shall prohibit an individual not licensed under the provisions thereof who is not engaged in the business of selling pistols or revolvers from selling a pistol or revolver to a person licensed under this chapter or to a person personally known to him.  

Most people say that if someone shows you a valid PRL (license to carry pistols and revolvers) that satisfies "known to you". I'm not a lawyer though. I have heard of people being contacted by law enforcement to take down an ad they placed to sell a handgun.
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 4:39:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FDC] [#11]

Yeah, was thinking about joining there, but not if there isn't a good NH representation
View All Quotes

If you do, as a warning there are a ton of blowhards and a ton of false information seen from a Massachusetts lens.  The overall feel I get is the majority of the posters are not very worldly.

There are however, some first class people in there from several states.  There are also some first class people from other states there looking to move to NH, and I like helping them with information.

There are maybe 20 active NH posters, and likely several more behind the scenes who lurk-one of the pistols I sold there was to a lurker.  We get good annual discussions of NH bills going through as one of the active members is a former state rep.  One of the occasionally active members is a current state rep and is active in several state level freedom type orgs.  Then there are nerds like me who like to send stuff to reps and senators.  

Link Posted: 7/6/2023 4:51:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By eric496:
However:

Most people say that if someone shows you a valid PRL (license to carry pistols and revolvers) that satisfies "known to you". I'm not a lawyer though. I have heard of people being contacted by law enforcement to take down an ad they placed to sell a handgun.
View All Quotes
However:
 159:14 Exemption. – None of the provisions of this chapter shall prohibit an individual not licensed under the provisions thereof who is not engaged in the business of selling pistols or revolvers from selling a pistol or revolver to a person licensed under this chapter or to a person personally known to him.  

Patchwork laws for the lose.

I'm 98.7% positive that 159:10 references retail sales under 159:8.

Regardless, my personal take is the whole FTF sales thing for pistols is spelled out in 159:14.  I am not licensed to sell under the provisions of chapter 159.  I am not in the business of selling pistols or revolvers.  I am therefore perfectly legal to sell a pistol to either someone holding a PRL or someone personally known to me--provided he isn't a felon, an out of stater, yada yada.

How 159:10 applies to me as a private citizen putting an EE ad up I don't know, but you'd have thought some bored agency would have shut down NES or Arf or Armslist or that rando sketchy FB page I keep hearing about.

Link Posted: 7/6/2023 6:56:00 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

We need a like button. I’m stealing that logo.
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 7:02:18 PM EDT
[#14]
There are 3 or 4 fuckbook groups dedicated to NH that are pretty active. I’ve had good meetups with people and got rid of some things and picked up a few others.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 10:07:27 AM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

Weird, I saw an EE post worded exactly like that this morning
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 10:08:14 AM EDT
[#16]
However:

View All Quotes
However:

And I hope they told them to go fuck themselves. It's legal under state law if he sells to someone with a valid pistol license for handguns and nothing is required for long guns.

I haven't advertised anything for a long time but when I did I used uncle henrys and the EE here and just put "FTF - NH ONLY" for firearms. Personally, I also required to see their ID and a valid P&R license but no bill of sale or record of the transaction which I state in the ad and in comms with buyers when it came to firearms. I have sold 2 long guns to Maine residents and used an FFL each time to cover the transfer.

I had 1 guy offer to pay extra if I didn't require an ID/P&RL and I've also had a person in a ban state try and get me to ship "high capacity" mags to them so you do have to exercise a little caution with potential buyers IMO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top