Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2020 12:48:20 PM EDT
Hey Im new to arfcom and planning on getting back into ARs, Im looking for someone in okc that can mill an 80% lower for me. I dont have it yet but itll be an Atomic Engraving A1 lower. Id get a completed one but everywhere seems oos with the insanity going on. Are there any cheap reliable builder in the city area? Ive heard of SPDguns up near Stillwater but idk what their setup is.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 1:52:26 PM EDT
[#1]
OK so forgive my ignorance, Im more familiar w the AK scene. But I did some calling around and I DID NOT KNOW the issues perataining to SOT manufacturing on 80% lowers. The first place I called amd asked abput was extremely skittish and said "it would be 100 percent illegal for a SOT to make a firearm for a customer using an 80". I elaborated and said that such a firearm would be serialized and they insisted that it was very illegal. Again I am willing to go through an FFL and do the proper papers. But oh hell I had no Idea how skittish skittish smiths are about 80% ar lowers. There are several AK smiths around the country that build on childers blanks. So Im sorry if I sounded like a dumb ass but specofically want an A1 style lower thats why I was considering the 80 route because all the retro recriver options are oos.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top