Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2023 12:14:04 PM EDT
Moved to the Southern Black Hills awhile back and tragically haven't made it out shooting yet..

Was wondering if there were any spots commonly used in the National Forest around the area?  Places where night shooting wouldn't be an issue would be a big plus as well.

Nighttime gun picture cause everyone loves pictures

Link Posted: 4/20/2023 3:01:25 PM EDT
[#1]
The GFP just broke ground on their new shooting sports complex, its going to be a hell of a place from what I saw during the planning and development.

Otherwise we just drive down a forest service road until we find a good open spot with a decent backstop and start blasting. Usually check the satellite maps to make sure there are no houses too close so we dont bother anyone.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 6:34:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By MtnRoamer:
Moved to the Southern Black Hills awhile back and tragically haven't made it out shooting yet..

Was wondering if there were any spots commonly used in the National Forest around the area?  Places where night shooting wouldn't be an issue would be a big plus as well.

Nighttime gun picture cause everyone loves pictures

https://i.imgur.com/n4cQXwj.jpg?1

View Quote

DM sent
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 7:29:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hking:
The GFP just broke ground on their new shooting sports complex, its going to be a hell of a place from what I saw during the planning and development.

Otherwise we just drive down a forest service road until we find a good open spot with a decent backstop and start blasting. Usually check the satellite maps to make sure there are no houses too close so we dont bother anyone.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Appreciate the response, that new GFP complex does look pretty awesome.

Originally Posted By 7insert:

DM sent

👍
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 5:27:31 PM EDT
[#4]
i used to go to a place, i think that was east of Rapid City, maybe called Farmington? it was a pretty simple range
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 12:48:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By upjeeper:
i used to go to a place, i think that was east of Rapid City, maybe called Farmington? it was a pretty simple range
View Quote

Farmingdale has been closed for shooting for many years.  The scroter-cyclists and gAyTVers ruined it for us.
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 9:48:34 AM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

Can someone provide a link to the location for this new shooting sports location?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 10:40:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By HomeAtLast:

Can someone provide a link to the location for this new shooting sports location?

Thanks
View Quote

North of rapid
https://gfp.sd.gov/userdocs/docs/southdakotashootingsportcomplex_booklet_spreads.pdf
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 5:43:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By 7insert:

North of rapid
https://gfp.sd.gov/userdocs/docs/southdakotashootingsportcomplex_booklet_spreads.pdf
View Quote

Awesome...thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top