Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2024 6:04:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mak0]
We did it, voted out the fudds and now have a NFA and training friendly board of directors. New rules in affect Feb 1: Full auto, large bore > .50 cal,  drawing from holster, steel targets and more all allowed now. Never thought I'd see it considering not too long ago we couldn't even load more than 5 rounds into a magazine

Any other members here? We're probably the best club in SE PA now.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 1:15:30 AM EDT
[#1]
What is the name? I am in Lancaster county.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 2:17:24 PM EDT
[#2]
What club?
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 3:06:10 PM EDT
[#3]
FTRPA in Fairless Hills (Bucks county)
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 11:02:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556sniper] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mak0:
FTRPA in Fairless Hills (Bucks county)
View Quote

Thats great, its about time Falls flushed the Fudds out. Such a great facility that had too many limitations but now has a bright future. As a member of LRGC I am glad you guys can now enjoy your NFA stuff like we can although we are still no full auto.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 1:40:48 PM EDT
[#5]
We did it, voted out the fudds and now have a NFA and training friendly board of directors. New rules in affect Feb 1: Full auto, large bore > .50 cal,  drawing from holster, steel targets and more all allowed now. Never thought I'd see it considering not too long ago we couldn't even load more than 5 rounds into a magazine

View Quote

I'm a fairly new member and I'm on the Subgun Committee.  SSSHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! We don't want everyone invading our little piece of paradise.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 4:22:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By ToeTag:

I'm a fairly new member and I'm on the Subgun Committee.  SSSHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! We don't want everyone invading our little piece of paradise.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I dont blame you for wanting to keep new people out so they dont ruin the new found freedom. Fudds and power hungry Rule makers destroy EVERY good gun club. I certainly hope you guys at Falls can keep the majority and enjoy your ranges.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 4:41:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BSOG1] [#7]
Fudds are poison to every Club. i dont get down that way much anymore but id join to support it and  to keep a Fudd member
or boot licker out.
how do i join ?
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 2:08:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fargo007] [#8]
I was a board member there about 7 years ago.

The board was entirely Fudd excepting 1 or 2 people. If it wasn't "lever action," it was impossible to get anything done there.

As soon as I moved to FL, they eliminated the 5 round rule.

Overjoyed to hear this. If you can, share some deets on how this unfolded.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:29:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By fargo007:
I was a board member there about 7 years ago.

The board was entirely Fudd excepting 1 or 2 people. If it wasn't "lever action," it was impossible to get anything done there.

As soon as I moved to FL, they eliminated the 5 round rule.

Overjoyed to hear this. If you can, share some deets on how this unfolded.
View Quote

This is the way I see it..... The fudds were there for many years. They were old school brown gun guys. They didn't see a need for evil semi auto black guns, that fire faster. They got older, they got fewer, they got tired and didn't want to fight over the new era of shooters and the style of shooting that we like. The new era/generation of shooters outnumbered the fudds and they got outvoted in this last election.

I am not saying anything bad about the fudds. They are a wealth of knowledge and the history of the club and our shooting activities.

About 40yrs ago, (now I'm giving away my age) I was at the State Game Lands range in Nockamixon. There was a guy with a stainless Ruger mini 14. He loaded a mag to the 30rd capacity and emptied the mag in seconds, with a fountain of golden brass. It was cool but totally against the range rules of course. I thought to myself, "what a waste of ammo." I was a deer hunter back then and didn't see the need for such a weapon. Boy have I changed!
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 1:00:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fargo007] [#10]

This is the way I see it..... The fudds were there for many years. They were old school brown gun guys. They didn't see a need for evil semi auto black guns, that fire faster. They got older, they got fewer, they got tired and didn't want to fight over the new era of shooters and the style of shooting that we like. The new era/generation of shooters outnumbered the fudds and they got outvoted in this last election.

I am not saying anything bad about the fudds. They are a wealth of knowledge and the history of the club and our shooting activities.

About 40yrs ago, (now I'm giving away my age) I was at the State Game Lands range in Nockamixon. There was a guy with a stainless Ruger mini 14. He loaded a mag to the 30rd capacity and emptied the mag in seconds, with a fountain of golden brass. It was cool but totally against the range rules of course. I thought to myself, "what a waste of ammo." I was a deer hunter back then and didn't see the need for such a weapon. Boy have I changed!
View Quote

When I was a club member and a board member there were even rule exceptions that were written so specifically to favor their FUDD activities and I was constantly challenging those and then finding new ones.

examples:

Shooting steel targets is allowed, but only for lever action rifles. I would ask:  "How does the target know what type of firearm it was shot with? Does a bullet from a lever action rifle impact the target somehow differently than one of the same caliber fired from any other firearm?"
Loading 5+ in a magazine is allowed, but only if shooting or training for NRA national match and must have a timer and all the other bullshit that goes with it.

There were probably four of us on the board that were united in trying to change things, but we were a very small minority.

I must say that I'm very proud of the guys who finally got this done.

I've since moved to FL, and reading the news of what was accomplished there was nothing short of pure joy.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 5:20:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BSOG1] [#11]
its no problem if they dont like certian firearms. but to outright ban and fight against such firearms and activity
is fkn communist, democrap ignorant anti American ! its not up to any one certian individual to say what gun is ok and which ones are not.
waste ammo , shoot one round a year. all good in my book. but dont block me or others . hows that for post 10,000 ?
other Clubs should take notice.

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/24/2024 7:53:46 AM EDT
[#12]
I was a member in the 90's early 2000's. My dad was a longtime member up until a few years ago.

I remember some old guy who would count shots and drive down on his golf cart to the plinking range and try and jam you up. Sometimes he would try and sneak up on us . But with electronic muffs we would always hear him on the gravel.

If 2 of us were shooting, we would unload 5 and 2nd person would do 1 . Just to get him to waste his time and drive down.

Good times lol
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 10:02:22 PM EDT
[#13]
count shots lol lol
man o man .
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 11:22:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mda908] [#14]
Going through the application process now myself and will be attending orientation there on the 24th. I was able to get a peak at the latest newsletter from an existing member and just reading it gave me the impression that some serious changes have taken place very recently. There seems to be a big emphasis on education and training classes which sounds pretty sweet.

Being that I live 5 minutes away, I’m excited at the chance of becoming a member. If some of those old rules were in place, I wouldn’t waste my time.

ETA I’m a new member as of March. Wonder if we can set up and Arf meetup if we have a couple people.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top