Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2018 8:28:20 AM EDT
Hey everyone,

I am about 10 years away from retirement. My wife and I plan to dual-citizenship when we get to that point. We are looking to move to either France, Spain, Switzerland, or Italy (in that order). We have lived in Germany for the past 5 years and by 2023, we will have lived there for nearly 10 years (Active Duty military). We have traveled all over Europe extensively, so as far as exposure and culture, we know what we are getting ourselves into.

As I look at properties, I am trying to locate myself centrally in Western Europe. I love hunting, and I would really love to hunt Europe when I am retired and have the time to do so. I am currently in the process of minimizing my stateside firearm collection and was wondering something.

Is it at all possible to bring/import firearms with me once I am a citizen? Nothing crazy, just a revolver, two bolt action rifles, and a shotgun. I realize a country's laws vary considerably, but I was wondering if there were any first-experiences with this.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 9:27:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Keep clear of the Netherlands we have some of the suckyest gun laws in Yurp

The only semi nice thing is that you can get a FA collecting license after a lot of waiting and jumping through hoops but you cant really shoot them
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 5:28:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Hunting in Italy is doable but is getting more and more difficult due to anti gun/hunt-nazis... eastern europe is a different story afaik.
Bringing your own weapon is doable as well but I guess you have to proof testing them...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top