Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2023 9:42:14 PM EDT
I have some land in Rutherford County. I have one or two that have been raiding my feeders about once or twice a week. I smelled one the other day. Didn't see it but you sure could smell it.
Forgot my pistol that day. Not expecting trouble but feel better about having it.

Here's a few pictures of my visitor

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 10:30:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Had a juvie in the front yard this morning when I opened the front door.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 6:06:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1Devildog] [#2]
My wife's boss lives in the Oak Ridge area. His wife was standing at the school bus stop with their kids one morning a few weeks ago and a black bear walked up behind them. Of course she freaked out, so the bear was HUGE and RIGHT THERE!

Read in the news recently that some juveniles have been seen around High Point.

Edited to add: a co-worker's brother works at Syngenta in Greensboro. They saw a bear on their campus last week or so.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 12:46:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 7:14:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Lots of Black Bear on our property in Rocky point NC , Near wilmington..

We seem em on trail cams all the time ... ironically. Our neighbors half a mile on each direction of us have bad coyote problems..
But even with a homestead with 60 to 100 chickens
Several goats, pigs , quail , rabbits etc etc  We haven't even seen a yote on the trail cams. Locals think because we have so many bear that the yotes stay anyway. Not sure
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 8:12:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I saw one last week about a mile from my house.

I probably see 3-4 a year near my house, I’m in/near Boone.

I see them all the time on Sugar Mountain, they’re everywhere up there.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 1:11:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Funny black bear story. I used to work in Wilmington near Eagle Island on the Cape Fear river. Our shipping secretary was a rather tall, big-boned black woman named Helen who usually wore dark colored clothing. One afternoon during inventory week, the shipping clerk (James, another black person) was out in the yard counting product when he saw what he thought was Helen in his peripheral vision. He said hello to her and when she didn't answer, he looked up and saw that it was a large black bear standing there. He ran back to the shipping office yelling that there was a bear in the yard. It was the first time that most of us learned there were black bears in coastal NC. Helen was not amused that James thought the bear was her.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 8:01:46 AM EDT
[#7]
They're all over here on the coast, once in a while you will see one in the ICW out on the boat. Buddy has a place up in Beaufort county and his trail cams catch them several times a week. One of them fucked up his feeder pretty good.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 9:38:22 AM EDT
[#8]
We get them often at our cabin in Morganton, near Johns River. Often enough that I don't put trash in my truck overnight, lol
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 4:34:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Have them here over near ennice, Dad saw one in the yard in Mayberry, after it raided the trash can. Seen several pictures on the book of faces that's probably the same bear. Haven't had any issues.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top