Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2023 9:44:37 PM EDT
It comes as no surprise to me and it should come as no surprise to many of you, that anti-gun Republicants have killed yet another pro-gun bill, that would have removed many of Wyoming's numerous "off-limits" locations to carry.

HB0105 was mostly killed by the anti-gun, Republicant-controlled, House Appropriations Committee earlier this month, and then placed on the General File, for further consideration by the House Committee on the Whole, as an attempt to break free of the anti-gun Appropriations Committee's hold. Sadly, this effort also failed as the Committee on the Whole did not take up the bill for consideration.

This is not the first time such a thing has happened, as the Republicant-controlled Education Committee killed a similar bill last year. (The bill was likely sent to that committee as an attempt to kill it.)

As some of probably know, Wyoming has a pretty long list of "off-limits" locations. Self defense firearms don't do much good if the user has to leave them behind.

Here's a link to HB0105 if any of you'd like to have a look at the bill and perhaps contact the anti-gun House Members involved to show your displeasure.

Link Posted: 2/24/2023 12:05:21 AM EDT
[#1]
This is so infuriating.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 1:00:18 AM EDT
[#2]
How do we get rid of these clowns?
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 11:41:41 PM EDT
[#3]
cxgunner, I agree. It's been frustrating for me, to watch these good bills die in committee over the years.

Link Posted: 2/27/2023 11:45:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How do we get rid of these clowns?
View Quote
I believe our side needs to be more vocal, in getting the word out. I'd wager that most of the constituents of these politicians don't know how anti-gun they actually are. Particularly when some of them vote for the occasional gun bill that gets their name in the news, only for them to turn around and vote anti-gun when it matters. If we were more vocal about their anti-gun votes and if we made more contact with these politicians to prevent anti-gun votes in the future, I believe it'd go a long way in getting what we want, or getting new politicians in office, if need be.

Link Posted: 2/27/2023 11:46:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
cxgunner, I agree. It's been frustrating for me, to watch these good bills die in committee over the years.

View Quote

Yeah, everybody needs to actually CARE and call their reps!
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 11:54:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely. That's most important step in getting what we want. We have to let these politicians know that our voting block is too big to ignore. We need every gun owner, every weapon carrier, every hunter and every arfcom poster we can get, to be contacting their reps.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 12:03:52 PM EDT
[#7]
WYGO actually got a couple booted a while back. Then the governor sicced the state government on them to try to get them shut up.

RINO's in WY suck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top