Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Anti-Carry Locations (Page 1 of 3)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/23/2007 11:54:55 AM EDT
Hey everybody, With the popularity of the no firearms signs growing I thought we would share the power of Ar15 with the business owners.  I personally will not shop at businesses with these signs and thought it would benefit others by compiling a list of known locations with these signs.  

If you can post the business name and city it's located we should be able to create a list of businesses that don't want our business....  If you notice a retailer removes their sign please notify me so that we can remove their name.

Here is the first business:
Goodyear Tires-Mauldin, SC

Thanks for your time,
JS2071
Link Posted: 12/23/2007 12:32:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Carolina Mall-Concord, NC

This is a place where the security they hire has to get from one place to the other on a Rascal motorized chair. How safe does that make you feel when his response time is limited to the speed of the chair?
Link Posted: 12/23/2007 12:39:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/23/2007 12:59:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bruce333] [#3]
some I have noticed around me.
Selma/Smithfield area, Hwy 70 and I95

JR's, "no weapons" signs on the entrances.  At least they do have armed security inside the store.

Right up the street at Bojangles there is a "no firearms" sign on the door, haven't seen this at other Bojangles, or maybe I just haven't noticed since I almost always use the drive thru.12-01-08  Sign has been removed

I know theaters are off limits by law anyway.  But the Dickinsons theater in Smithfield near the outlets also has a 'circle-n-slash revolver' sign on the lobby doors, so even if you are just waiting to pick up your kids you have to wait outside.

edit:
Johnston County Memorial Hospital is posted.
Link Posted: 12/23/2007 4:56:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2alpha-down0] [#4]

Originally Posted By MTR:

This is a place where the security they hire has to get from one place to the other on a Rascal motorized chair. How safe does that make you feel when his response time is limited to the speed of the chair?

Yeah, gotta love that guy.  Are there any entrances that aren't posted?  I haven't noticed any, except maybe Sears MPU (Merchandise Pickup).  If DakkaMan gets internet maybe he can confirm, he works there.
Link Posted: 12/23/2007 11:09:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Lexington BBQ, Lexington NC

Trog and I went there for lunch after a Lexington gunshow a couple of years ago and turned around at the door and visited one of their competitors.
Link Posted: 12/24/2007 9:57:14 AM EDT
[#6]

Originally Posted By GilenusX207:

Yeah, gotta love that guy.  Are there any entrances that aren't posted?  I haven't noticed any, except maybe Sears MPU (Merchandise Pickup).  If DakkaMan gets internet maybe he can confirm, he works there.

IIRC, all entrances at Carolina Mall in Concord are posted.  It was started by management about 5 years ago.  P&G Security out of Salisbury currently holds the contract for Carolina Mall security.  I've known the owners of P&G for many years (lots of gun repairs/sales for them) and I can tell you that they are a PRO-GUN company! If their hands werent tied by mall management, carry there would be welcomed by P&G.  I do know that P&G offers firearms to their employee's for $25 over cost and CCW classes for around $50 if it makes you feel any better about them.

I can't confirm it, but I've been told that there are a few entrances to Concord Mills Mall that are posted.  Looks like it's time for some recon at the Mills!

DL3

PS: Firearms of any kind are welcome in my establishment in Kannapolis.  Table and chairs to hang out with hot coffee.  Feel free to come by and enjoy a premium cigar from my humidor while talking guns!

Cox's Smokers Outlet- Discount Tobbacco, Beer, and Premium Cigars
1600 South Cannon Blvd.
Kannapolis, NC  28083
704-932-2517

Carry Friendly and an emergency gunsmith on duty!
Link Posted: 12/24/2007 11:26:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the list.  These will be avoided. I haven't been to Carolina Mall in at least 10 or 15 yrs so it's no biggie on that one.
Link Posted: 12/24/2007 9:23:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By DougL3NC:

Originally Posted By GilenusX207:

IIRC, all entrances at Carolina Mall in Concord are posted.  It was started by management about 5 years ago.  P&G Security out of Salisbury currently holds the contract for Carolina Mall security.  I've known the owners of P&G for many years (lots of gun repairs/sales for them) and I can tell you that they are a PRO-GUN company! If their hands werent tied by mall management, carry there would be welcomed by P&G.  I do know that P&G offers firearms to their employee's for $25 over cost and CCW classes for around $50 if it makes you feel any better about them.

I can't confirm it, but I've been told that there are a few entrances to Concord Mills Mall that are posted.  Looks like it's time for some recon at the Mills!

DL3

PS: Firearms of any kind are welcome in my establishment in Kannapolis.  Table and chairs to hang out with hot coffee.  Feel free to come by and enjoy a premium cigar from my humidor while talking guns!

Cox's Smokers Outlet- Discount Tobbacco, Beer, and Premium Cigars
1600 South Cannon Blvd.
Kannapolis, NC  28083
704-932-2517

Carry Friendly and an emergency gunsmith on duty!

All entrances to Concord Mills are posted, other than the ones to Bass Pro.  The entrances from Bass Pro to the mall are posted though.

And, damn, wish I was closer to Kannapolis...discount tobacco, beer and premium cigars.  If you had some dynomite, you could be my preferred defintion the BATFE
Link Posted: 12/26/2007 9:36:51 PM EDT
[#9]
TGIFriday's, Greensboro
Costco, Greensboro
Link Posted: 12/27/2007 9:10:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Cross Creek Mall in Fayettevlle does not have a "No Firearms Sign" posted on any of the main doors to the Mall. But they have a sign that is a about 18" x 24" with a "code of conduct" on it that says that firearms are not allowed. The sign is directly inside the entrances, but is not "conspicously" posted, in fact you have to read through about 15 lines of rules before you get to the one on firearms.

I will post pics ASAP.
Link Posted: 12/27/2007 10:05:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eckmann] [#11]
There is a restaurant chain called "The Coffee Shoppe" Good food and breakfast anytime. Too bad they lost my business.
Link Posted: 12/28/2007 4:18:35 AM EDT
[#12]
oak hollow mall in high point
four seasons mall in greensboro
and the mall in winston salem

BUT... the signs that are there are a list of rules with the prohibition being like #16 on the list... and the signs are usually posted inside the door, behind the door frame and would be impossible to read before entering... thus i doubt that they would fit the "conspicuous" posting requirement
Link Posted: 12/28/2007 6:22:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: micman777] [#13]

Originally Posted By mekender:

BUT... the signs that are there are a list of rules with the prohibition being like #16 on the list... and the signs are usually posted inside the door, behind the door frame and would be impossible to read before entering... thus i doubt that they would fit the "conspicuous" posting requirement

The Mall in Winston Salem as well as Cross Creek Mall are owned by a corparation called CBL & Associates Properties, Inc.. Listed below are all the Malls they own in NC and SC with their Inconspicuous Code of Conduct

Alamance Crossing, Burlington, NC
Asheville Mall, Asheville, NC
Cary Towne Center, Cary, NC
Citadel Mall, Charleston, SC
Coastal Grand, Myrtle Beach, SC
Cross Creek Mall, Fayetteville, NC
Hanes Mall, Winston Salem, NC
Northwoods Mall, North Charleston, SC
Randolph Mall, Asheboro, NC
Triangle Town Center, Raleigh, NC
Link Posted: 12/28/2007 7:01:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Time Warner Cable customer service centers. In Greensboro they have a large notice posted on the front doors.
Link Posted: 12/28/2007 8:21:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LeeF] [#15]
Bojangles
5409 Capital Blvd
Raleigh, NC

I saw the sign, called the district manager, and then emailed corporate headquarters. They both said if I didn't like it I could take my business somewhere else. I have!
Link Posted: 12/29/2007 9:46:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Carolina Eye Associates, Pinehurst, NC
Carolina Eye Associates, Laurinburg, NC
Carolina Eye Associates, Sanford, NC
Carolina Eye Associates, Albermale, NC. This one is posted for the parking lot also. It's on hospital property and the hospital put up the parking lot signs, which means Stanley Memorial Hospital and their grounds also are posted. The other ones are for the buildings only.
Link Posted: 12/29/2007 10:57:36 PM EDT
[#17]
WOW!  We are really going to have a long list.  Thanks for your help.  Keep them coming.....
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 12:06:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: murphrjo] [#18]
SC -  I have only seen 1 legal sign in the Greenville area, and it was at the gun show earlier this month.

Edit:  
For the folks in SC. Please make sure you are talking about legal signs. If it does not match the follow rules it does not count. This includes stating anything about knives, baseball bats, Pit Bulls with rabies, etc. on the sign. Also the size is unsual. If you can cover it with a 8.5 x 11 piece of paper, it isn't leagal.

I have spoken with the captian at SLED, and a fellow instructor knows the gentleman out of Columbia that wrote the CWP laws for SC. They both state "If it does not follow the guide lines, it is not legal." The captian at SLED has also asked if you are approached in one of these places that doesn't have a "legal" sign about having a consealed weapon, be polite about it. I would tell them I am sorry I did not see the sign. I will go store it in my vehicle right now. The person my think they have won, but next time I go in there I will make sure they don't know I am carrying.

You have the right to fight the sign is not legal, and you will win. I also bet the next time you go back they will have a legal sign so you really lost in the long run.

This was pulled off on Dec 30, 2007. Please make sure you keep up with the laws as most of them have changed in the last 2 years.

SECTION 23-31-235. Sign requirements.

(A) Notwithstanding any other provision of this article, any requirement of or allowance for the posting of signs prohibiting the carrying of a concealable weapon upon any premises shall only be satisfied by a sign expressing the prohibition in both written language interdict and universal sign language.

(B) All signs must be posted at each entrance into a building where a concealable weapon permit holder is prohibited from carrying a concealable weapon and must be:

(1) clearly visible from outside the building;

(2) eight inches wide by twelve inches tall in size;

(3) contain the words “NO CONCEALABLE WEAPONS ALLOWED” in black one inch tall uppercase type at the bottom of the sign and centered between the lateral edges of the sign;

(4) contain a black silhouette of a handgun inside a circle seven inches in diameter with a diagonal line that runs from the lower left to the upper right at a forty five degree angle from the horizontal;

(5) a diameter of a circle; and

(6) placed not less than forty inches and not more than sixty inches from the bottom of the building’s entrance door.

(C) If the premises where concealable weapons are prohibited does not have doors, then the signs contained in subsection (A) must be:

(1) thirty six inches wide by forty eight inches tall in size;

(2) contain the words “NO CONCEALABLE WEAPONS ALLOWED” in black three inch tall uppercase type at the bottom of the sign and centered between the lateral edges of the sign;

(3) contain a black silhouette of a handgun inside a circle thirty four inches in diameter with a diagonal line that is two inches wide and runs from the lower left to the upper right at a forty five degree angle from the horizontal and must be a diameter of a circle whose circumference is two inches wide;

(4) placed not less than forty inches and not more than ninety six inches above the ground;

(5) posted in sufficient quantities to be clearly visible from any point of entry onto the premises.

If you have seen a "legal" sign in Greenville County, please let me know. I would like to go see it myself.

Joe
Link Posted: 1/9/2008 6:38:32 AM EDT
[#19]

Originally Posted By Bruce333:

Right up the street at Bojangles there is a "no firearms" sign on the door, haven't seen this at other Bojangles, or maybe I just haven't noticed since I almost always use the drive thru..

A friend of mine is at whatever level you would be at above working at the stores. Over a cigar I asked if he knew he was inviting trouble with those signs and he said yes, but there are a few in corporate that think it's a good idea. Anyone not the robbery rate in Charlotte? I think there were six last year. You can go to www.crimeincharlotte.com and get the somewhat daily list of significant offenses.

I spoke to mayor McCrory about the possibility of a gun court. I think the city itself cannot do that just as they can't ban handguns. It's a statewide law that would need to be passed. And since the democrats blocked a crime bill last session, that's out! The few cities that try people immediately for gun possession/crime, like Providence RI, saw a significant decrease in gun crime. The other crimes can wait a year or two. But the bad guys know in those cities there is no gun pleas barganing. I'm reading of probably 10-12 crimes a day with a gun used in Charlotte. Six is a slow day. And more businesses seem to be being robbed.

Walsh
Link Posted: 1/9/2008 6:44:04 AM EDT
[#20]

Originally Posted By LeeF:
Bojangles
5409 Capital Blvd
Raleigh, NC

I saw the sign, called the district manager, and then emailed corporate headquarters. They both said if I didn't like it I could take my business somewhere else. I have!

Why don't you write back, seriously, and ask if it was 5 or 6 times Bojangles were robbed in Charlotte in 2007 and if they are waiting for the staff to get slaughtered as a licensed gun owner left his gun in the car while the bad guys laughed at his sign?

You might get an interesting resonse.

Walsh
Link Posted: 1/9/2008 5:10:15 PM EDT
[#21]
I was at our local Neighborhood Watch meeting a few nights ago, and the young lady who represented the Fayetteville Police Department informed us that Fayetteville was Number 1 in the nation in Crimes committed per Capita.

She provided a Web Address to us that allows a person to look at Crime statistics for a specified address in the City. I will post it here for everyone, when I get home.

Link Posted: 1/13/2008 7:31:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 9:37:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vulcan94] [#23]

Originally Posted By micman777:

The Mall in Winston Salem as well as Cross Creek Mall are owned by a corparation called CBL & Associates Properties, Inc.. Listed below are all the Malls they own in NC and SC with their Inconspicuous Code of Conduct

Alamance Crossing, Burlington, NC
Asheville Mall, Asheville, NC
Cary Towne Center, Cary, NC
Citadel Mall, Charleston, SC
Coastal Grand, Myrtle Beach, SC
Cross Creek Mall, Fayetteville, NC
Hanes Mall, Winston Salem, NC
Northwoods Mall, North Charleston, SC
Randolph Mall, Asheboro, NC
Triangle Town Center, Raleigh, NC

I've been to the Coastal Grand mall.  I've noticed that the external entrance to Bed Bath & Beyond wasn't posted.  I, also, noticed that there was no sign posted at the entrance to the mall from Bed Bath & Beyond.  Does that mean that if you entered from Bed Bath & Beyond you would be OK?

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 1/15/2008 2:36:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Asheboro Nissan

Asheboro Honda

Both have signs located on all doors saying no firearms allowed on the property.
Link Posted: 1/16/2008 9:12:37 AM EDT
[#25]
What truly amazes me about these signs is the total stupidity of posting them in the first place.

For example: Wacko with a gun decides he wants to go to the mall and shoot it up (classic example of what happened recently)...so the Wacko puts on his trench coat and heads off to the mall with his AK and 6 full mags....

He parks his car and gets out, carefully concealing his AK under his trench coat and heads for the mall entrance...

Gets to the doors to enter the mall and stops short, viewing the "No Firearms" sign posted...

"Damn" he thinks to himself.....and slowly turns to walk away heading back to his car thinking, If only they hadn't posted that sign....

Gets back in his car and decides to go try another mall....thinking maybe they don't have posted signs....

Honestly, what is the mentality of these people posting these signs? Do they really think that posting a sign like that is going to deter anyone from carrying? I mean anyone at all?

Lets say you have a CCW...your packin' and head to the mall and see the "No Firearms" sign....

You walk into the mall anyway....packin' your weapon, shop and leave....

Is somebody going to know? Will you get caught? Will you get asked to leave?

Or what?

Nothing...absolutely nothing is going to happen.

That No Firearms sign is worthless.... a joke.

A false sense of security....

Now, what if you carried into a mall and Wacko came in and started shooting? and you pulled your CCW and put a chunk of lead right into Wacko's chest and stopped Wacko all to gether saving yourself and countless other lives?

That sign isn't worth the time it took to tape it to the window.

Anyway, my dos centavos....
Link Posted: 1/17/2008 4:31:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Let me tell you a little story that my best friend told me.  Well, you see, my best friend lives in Hallsboro, NC.  In Hallsboro at the main stop light (the only stop light BTW) is a small convenience store called Sam's Pit Stop.  Not to long ago, Sam's Pit Stop put up those "No Concealed Handguns" signs.  Well, to make a long story short, they got robbed at gunpoint shortly thereafter.  Several times in fact.  Shortly thereafter they took those signs down.  

Vulcan94

Link Posted: 1/18/2008 4:44:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: additude] [#27]

Originally Posted By Vulcan94:
Let me tell you a little story that my best friend told me.  Well, you see, my best friend lives in Hallsboro, NC.  In Hallsboro at the main stop light (the only stop light BTW) is a small convenience store called Sam's Pit Stop.  Not to long ago, Sam's Pit Stop put up those "No Concealed Handguns" signs.  Well, to make a long story short, they got robbed at gunpoint shortly thereafter.  Several times in fact.  Shortly thereafter they took those signs down.  

Vulcan94

Case In Point....

Those signs are like telling the criminals, "WELOME CRIMINALS WITH GUNS! PLEASE COME ON IN!!!" There is no one in this establishment adequately armed to defend against you coming in here with a gun and doing whatever you want"

Seriously, thats the message those signs are sending to the Wacko's....
Link Posted: 1/18/2008 7:45:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Chevrolet of Goldsboro used to have a sign up, but being they remodeled the service area I cant remember if its still posted or not.  

Cisco Complex in the RTP is one.  Altho most of us would never get in there w/o an employee/contractor badge anyway...

Cant remember about any of the other places around Wayne Co...but if I see, I'll edit.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 3:13:24 PM EDT
[#29]

Originally Posted By Garand_Shooter:

Originally Posted By Trog777:
TGIFriday's, Greensboro

Can't really fault them for this, it is not like you could carry there if the sign was gone.

Can't fault them? The hell I can't. O'Charley's etal also serve alcohol, and fall uinder the same rules. But they don't flaunt their anti-gun policies in my face. You do business with them if you like. I'll take mine elsewhere.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 4:52:47 PM EDT
[#30]

Originally Posted By Vulcan94:

Vulcan94

I spend a fair amount of time at Lake Waccamaw, Sam's is one of those places where it is best to avoid after dark. As a rule I don't venture out much in the evening, and if I do I carry a weapon.
Link Posted: 2/4/2008 3:13:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Westfield Shopping mall in Gastonia has a "code of conduct" posted on the food court doors. #6 on the list is something about not carrying a weapon or "anything that can be treated as such" or some nonsense. I know that none of the JCPenny entryways are posted though.

With that being the case, I suppose you could carry in the mall, correct? Are there any specific requirements about what a "legal posting" is in NC?

I still do not understand the inability to carry in places that serve alcohol.

I understand not being able to carry in a place that serving alcohol is their primary business, but places like Chili's, Pizza Hut, TGIFriday's, etc? I do not go to those places to drink, I go there to eat.

Come to think of it, I have carried in Chili's once. I did not step foot in the bar though, nor did I drink any alcohol. I realize now that I could have got into trouble.

Link Posted: 2/8/2008 7:30:45 AM EDT
[#32]
crabtree valley mall in raleigh does not permit the carry of handguns on their premises, when i was an armed security guard i was working at a bank located on the property, when my shift ended i decided to enter the mall and get something to eat and then go home.  well i was intercepted by 3 of their own in house security guards and one of their "police" officers...who was unarmed...go figure.  anyways i was in full uniform with my PPS card displayed on my belt and they started questioning me like i was a criminal.  I pointed out to them that their sign says no concealed handguns not no handguns and since mine was holstered in the open on the hip of a state certified and uniformed security guard there was no infraction......they bought it and i got to eat my dinner.  i won't go back there ever again and i hope none of you do either...."police" with no guns i mean come on
Link Posted: 2/10/2008 9:43:38 AM EDT
[#33]

Originally Posted By additude:
Lets say you have a CCW...your packin' and head to the mall and see the "No Firearms" sign....

Or what?

I agree the sign won't protect the business from being robbed but if you are caught you can be charged with tresspassing (the sign has already asked you to leave if you have a concealed weapon) and you can loose your permit. Those signs don't have a legal authority in all states but in NC they DO.
Link Posted: 2/10/2008 12:31:59 PM EDT
[#34]

Originally Posted By sharps54:

Or what?

I agree the sign won't protect the business from being robbed but if you are caught you can be charged with tresspassing (the sign has already asked you to leave if you have a concealed weapon) and you can loose your permit. Those signs don't have a legal authority in all states but in NC they DO.

I know what you say is true, but the reality of it is that unless you go Un-Concealed or someone visually spots your gun your not suffering consequences.

I'm not advocating breaking the law, or pushing the envelope by any means. Each person in this situation should let their consious be their guide.

But if I was packin' and walked all the way across the parking lot to get to the door to read a "NO-Firearms" sign, I'd probably go in and do my business and leave. Never to be the worse for it.

My hats off to those who would trot back out to their car to stow their weapon.

If I knew the sign existed before I exited my car out there in the parking lot, I'd stow my piece before leaving the car.
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 11:56:51 AM EDT
[#35]
The Hanes Mall thing is easy enough to get around. The Sears enterances are not posted.
Link Posted: 2/12/2008 2:37:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FlatFrogFlyer] [#36]

Originally Posted By sharps54:

Or what?

I know what you say is true, but the reality of it is that unless you go Un-Concealed or someone visually spots your gun your not suffering consequences.

I'm not advocating breaking the law, or pushing the envelope by any means. Each person in this situation should let their consious be their guide.

But if I was packin' and walked all the way across the parking lot to get to the door to read a "NO-Firearms" sign, I'd probably go in and do my business and leave. Never to be the worse for it.

My hats off to those who would trot back out to their car to stow their weapon.

If I knew the sign existed before I exited my car out there in the parking lot, I'd stow my piece before leaving the car.

I'm sorry, but if you go to the effort to obtain a CHP in NC then follow the laws that you agreed to when you applied. There is no difference in ignoring the sign just because you didn't know prior to getting to the door, and carrying without a CHP at all. There is no "just a little bit pregnant".  Remember while you say that no one would be the wiser if you carry concealed, Murphy is alive and well and waiting. Instead of playing what ifs, why not take the time to write a real 41 cent (soon to be 42) letter to your reps and tell them you want changes. Then follow up with a phone call and a few emails. The people that can change these laws can only know what you tell them. They sure won't just think these things up by themselves.
Link Posted: 2/17/2008 2:07:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Just found this.

www.ccwhere.com/

add yours to the map
Link Posted: 2/23/2008 1:47:59 PM EDT
[#38]
My wife just swore off Bojangles. for being a greasy ass slop house who always gets her order wrong. Now, I have a reason.
Link Posted: 2/24/2008 8:26:54 AM EDT
[#39]
I've only seen it as I was driving by, so I'm not sure if it is a "legally posted sign" or not, but Grainger on Congaree Road in Greenville, SC has a "No Concealed Weapons" sign right next to their front door.
Link Posted: 2/24/2008 11:58:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wparkinson] [#40]
The mall in Greenville NC has signs posted at all entrances!  They have still had some shooting there... Chalk it up to the GANGSTA element......

Also Sears in Greenville.........  I am on the lookout...  Will be posting as many as I can find.....

Mostly in Pitt, Beaufort and Hyde......

Alos the Gas Station across from Beaufort Community College.
Link Posted: 3/3/2008 9:49:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Hi folks- new to AR15 and this is my first post.  The where/where not issue is a hot button with me.  I recently read that pro-gunners in other states are petitioning their legislators to allow concealed carry in restaurants that serve alcohol.  The important provision of the CCW permit holder NOT HAVING ANY ALCOHOL in his/her blood would still be in effect.

Think about it.  What's one of the most dangerous places you and the little lady are likely to be after dark.......walking back to your car in a restaurant parking lot!

I'd be all for a petition writing campaign to legislators here in NC to get this restriction lifted.  A key task would be finding a pro-gun legislator to introduce the bill.
Link Posted: 3/3/2008 10:16:04 PM EDT
[#42]

Originally Posted By WarningShot:

Think about it.  What's one of the most dangerous places you and the little lady are likely to be after dark.......walking back to your car in a restaurant parking lot!

I'd be all for a petition writing campaign to legislators here in NC to get this restriction lifted.  A key task would be finding a pro-gun legislator to introduce the bill.

I would like to see that and the Movies. Another place where you can walk out late at night and sometimes be parked nowhere near the 100 other people in the movie with you.
Link Posted: 3/3/2008 11:12:23 PM EDT
[#43]

Originally Posted By WarningShot:
snip

That was tried last year. Look HERE

I emailed the guy who sponsored this bill, and the response I got was that "we need more R's in office". The democrats shot it down. He did say that he was going to re-introduce it this year.

Let's hope.
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 4:10:10 PM EDT
[#44]
height=8
TGIFriday's, Greensboro
Costco, Greensboro

Where is the sign at costco? I have looked to see if there was a sign there, as I shop there from time to time. Is this a coprorate thing or just the one in Greensboro.

Link Posted: 3/9/2008 10:36:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Krogers had one but i Got them to remove it.
I wrote a big letter to their head quarters and got the Sign removed form krogers in Green ville nc.

height=8
Originally Posted By wparkinson:
The mall in Greenville NC has signs posted at all entrances!  They have still had some shooting there... Chalk it up to the GANGSTA element......

Also Sears in Greenville.........  I am on the lookout...  Will be posting as many as I can find.....

Mostly in Pitt, Beaufort and Hyde......

Alos the Gas Station across from Beaufort Community College.
Link Posted: 3/12/2008 7:35:21 PM EDT
[#46]

Originally Posted By wars1320:
I've only seen it as I was driving by, so I'm not sure if it is a "legally posted sign" or not, but Grainger on Congaree Road in Greenville, SC has a "No Concealed Weapons" sign right next to their front door.

I will try to get by there tomorrow to check it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2008 7:36:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: murphrjo] [#47]

Originally Posted By wparkinson:

Sears at the Haywood Mall?
Link Posted: 3/12/2008 7:39:17 PM EDT
[#48]

Originally Posted By T-D-I:

TGIFriday's, Greensboro
Costco, Greensboro

Where is the sign at costco? I have looked to see if there was a sign there, as I shop there from time to time. Is this a coprorate thing or just the one in Greensboro.

Never seen one here in Greenville.
Link Posted: 3/15/2008 1:25:45 PM EDT
[#49]

Originally Posted By murphrjo:

Originally Posted By wars1320:

I will try to get by there tomorrow to check it.

I went by Granger, but they had the parking lot roped off. Sign might actually be legit, but I will need to get closer to see.
Link Posted: 3/16/2008 11:59:53 PM EDT
[#50]
height=8

I go in through Belks, no signs or rules and nothing at the entrance into the rest of the mall.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Anti-Carry Locations (Page 1 of 3)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top