Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2020 4:06:26 PM EDT
Hello guys.

Building a KIDD Supergrade 10/22 on a PMACA chassis (that accepts buffer tubes and AR stocks).

If I build it with 16.5" barrel like I really want, the shortest length that this gun can be fired will be 23.5". Stock and tube can be removed and gun will still be able to fire.

The shortest barrel I can do is 20", that brings overall length of a gun without buffer and stock to 27".

Is this what I am looking at to stay properly legal? Either a 20" barrel on modular PMACA or 16.5" on classic stock?

Thank you for your expertise.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 7:03:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Tagging cause I thought about doing something similar for steel challenge.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 5:44:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone out there with input?

I thought about it more and how is it any different compared to a stock 10-22?  You could remove the stock and still fire the gun.

Or maybe I'm just missing something?
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 10:53:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Tube is part of the OAL length provided it does not fold and it's standard carbine length and not falsely extended.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top