Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2021 10:01:26 AM EDT
We all know ammo is outrageous right now.  This isn't a whining session, just looking for info.  American shooter supply in Albany has been announcing in advance when they will have some ammo for sale.  Does anyone have any recent experience buying there, that would be willing to say what they paid for a round of 556 or 9mm or 45 Etc.   Thanks
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:02:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
We all know ammo is outrageous right now.  This isn't a whining session, just looking for info.  American shooter supply in Albany has been announcing in advance when they will have some ammo for sale.  Does anyone have any recent experience buying there, that would be willing to say what they paid for a round of 556 or 9mm or 45 Etc.   Thanks
View Quote

I know the owner and a Senior staff member: GOOD MEN, BOTH!
Ammo prices suck, availability sucks even more, Demand far and away outstrips supply despite manufacturing Plans working 24/7, there are shortages of supplies and components for the manufactures as well as the reloaders...It's a bad time for retailers, even worse for end-users, that's for damn sure.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:29:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Myself and a few buddies waited in line yesterday morning.  Missed out on the cases of 223 they had (selling at $700 from what a few guys who were able to snag them said).  Most of the handgun ammo (9mm, 45, 380) was all around the $30 mark for ball ammo, boxes of 50.  They had no reputable carry ammo that I saw, some off brand boxes that I never heard of at least for 9mm.  PMC 855 was $1 per round.  Winchester 855 was a hair under that $19 a box.  Limits on ammo quantities which is reasonable considering how many people were waiting in line and availability so they can get ammo in more people's hands.  It's very much a situation of they have it and it's up to you on how bad you want or need it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top