Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2023 3:09:52 PM EDT
I noticed this on GT Distributing’s site and was curious if they’re just making shit up of it it’s codified in the law somewhere.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 4:40:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By cms81586:
I noticed this on GT Distributing’s site and was curious if they’re just making shit up of it it’s codified in the law somewhere.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2980/D8E78D33-278F-4E0B-A7E9-1A8CD3D3C24A_jpe-2661409.JPG
View Quote

Its vague, and the way I read it does not give active mil an exemption solely because they are active. The whole "acting withing official business" thing.

This subtitle does not apply to:
(1) if acting within the scope of official business, personnel of the United States government or a unit of that
government, members of the armed forces of the United States or of the National Guard, law enforcement personnel
of the State or a local unit in the State, or a railroad police officer authorized under Title 3 of the Public Safety Article
or 49 U.S.C. § 28101;
View Quote

and

Section 4-305. Detachable magazines – Prohibited.
(a) Scope of section. This section does not apply to:
(1) a .22 caliber rifle with a tubular magazine; or
(2) a law enforcement officer or a person who retired in good standing from service with a law enforcement agency of
the United States, the State, or any law enforcement agency in the State.
(b) Prohibited. A person may not manufacture, sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or transfer a detachable magazine
that has a capacity of more than 10 rounds of ammunition for a firearm.
View Quote

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/guide/maryland-firearms-statutes-and-codes/download
Link Posted: 1/6/2023 2:25:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scrapple] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 58Teague:

Its vague, and the way I read it does not give active mil an exemption solely because they are active. The whole "acting withing official business" thing.

and

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/guide/maryland-firearms-statutes-and-codes/download
View Quote

Oh that's very ambiguous... A lawyer could make the argument that it reads like this:

"
This subtitle does not apply to:

1- if acting within the scope of official business, personnel of the United States government or a unit of that
government

2- members of the armed forces of the United States or of the National Guard

3- law enforcement personnel
of the State or a local unit in the State

4- railroad police officer authorized under Title 3 of the Public Safety Article
or 49 U.S.C. § 28101;
"

That would be an interesting legal challenge
Link Posted: 1/6/2023 7:30:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I guess the second question is will any MD dealers sell standard cap mags to a CAC card holder. It’s a moot point if none of them will.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 5:14:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scrapple] [#4]
Originally Posted By cms81586:
I guess the second question is will any MD dealers sell standard cap mags to a CAC card holder. It’s a moot point if none of them will.
View Quote

Unless they are purchased in America and brought to Maryland.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 11:59:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cms81586] [#5]
Originally Posted By Scrapple:

Unless they are purchased in America and brought to Maryland.
View Quote

That's what I've done in the past.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top