Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2021 9:39:27 AM EDT
Does this mean I can open a chain of drive through Daiquiri shops?
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 11:23:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 11:59:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I think we found out over the last year that a lot of these laws are ridiculous and serve no purpose.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 12:01:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I didnt think they needed to pass this. I dont drink, but I know that there have been drive through liquor and daiquiri stores for years.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:39:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I live in a dry county, we need to get rid of dry counties.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:52:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I didnt think they needed to pass this. I dont drink, but I know that there have been drive through liquor and daiquiri stores for years.
View Quote

On site and off-site are different permits. Previously, an on-site liquor could not sell off-site, only a Beer/Wine on-site could, as referenced in link above.

Texas alcohol laws a crazy.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 4:28:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I think we found out over the last year that a lot of these laws are ridiculous and serve no purpose.
View Quote

+ eleventy billion

CMOS
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 8:00:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

To be honest, the state's liquor laws need a major overhaul. The dry counties thing goes back to Prohibition and needs to go away. A lot of former dry cities are going wet mainly for tax revenue out of necessity. It wouldn't surprise me if some of the laws go back to the days of Reconstruction after the Civil War.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 8:05:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 11:23:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Indeed.

And the dry on Sunday BS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top