Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2020 4:54:55 PM EDT
Listening to the combined city/county meeting now.  Starting a midnight, we get sent to our rooms for a few weeks.  Joy.

Link Posted: 3/23/2020 5:19:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I live a mile from the border.

Catch me!
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 5:35:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I wonder how many will actually listen...
I'd bet good money that they will lock it down more due to non compliance..
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 7:16:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Whatever...I'm not sheltering in place unless zombies are crawling the streets. I have to work and pay bills...
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 7:30:51 PM EDT
[#4]
And for the shot gunners in Alachua, Gator Skeet and Trap is closed for the duration.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 7:33:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Shelter in place....from what????.....to hide from one of the thousand or so cases of the flu walking around among 20 million? (snowbirds included)  This is a communist virus adapted by American communists to be used as a political tool.  A lie told often enough becomes truth. I refuse to play along and will go about my business as usual.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 10:31:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Haven't received an automated call or EMS message on my phone, I haven't received an official letter. Since I don't watch TV or listen to terrestrial radio & I don't get a newspaper I haven't heard a thing about it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 10:44:41 PM EDT
[#7]
It’s written up as a second degree misdemeanor for enforcement purposes. PRAC....People’s Republic Alachua County has the highest per cap infection rate in the state and we are a little light on testing and it’s community spread now. New cases don’t have the travel history anymore. There are enough loopholes in the writing to literally drive a tractor trailer through it as long as it has a pack of crackers, a bottle of water, an oil filter or a bandaid in it, don’t see any arrests happening.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 8:18:18 AM EDT
[#8]
I am not going to play their game.  This is unwarranted.  The County Commission is a bunch of drunk with power communists.

Over at UF, we probably have the highest percentage of Chinese in the State.   For months, there was no control over their coming and going to China.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 2:56:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm in Newberry and just went to fill up the car since I am an "essential employee". Things are business as usual as far as I can tell.  Circle K had people at it, Marathon, lots of cars on the road.  Wife had to go into G-ville to get some stuff done at her work at Shands.  She said it looks a bit like a ghost town.  

ETA:  IMHO, there is a lot of hype on this one.  Are people getting sick, yes.  Are people dying, yes.  This virus effects people with already compromised immune systems.  The rest of us will feel like shit for a few days and get over it.  The media is hyping all the deaths in Italy/Spain, wherever.  Those countries have HUGE populations of elderly and SHIT healthcare systems.  It is going to hit those countries like a brick in the face.  I put the media at a lot of blame on crushing our economy right now.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 4:26:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 5:28:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Wife just got back from Publix on Newberry Rd by Tioga.  Only 50 people at a time allowed in store and "X's" that are 6ft apart out front you have to wait in line on for someone to leave.  And a ACSO there making sure everyone acts accordingly.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 4:27:17 PM EDT
[#12]
This is from our commies in charge:

We are coming up with a method to report businesses that are not complying with the "closure of non-essential businesses" emergency order.   It will be communicated soon.  For the moment, do not call 311, 911, or 955-1818. However, if you see a crowd of more than 10 people outside, or a business like a bar or restaurant with crowds in it, call 311 or 955-1818.

Link Posted: 3/25/2020 4:36:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is from our commies in charge:

We are coming up with a method to report businesses that are not complying with the "closure of non-essential businesses" emergency order.   It will be communicated soon.  For the moment, do not call 311, 911, or 955-1818. However, if you see a crowd of more than 10 people outside, or a business like a bar or restaurant with crowds in it, call 311 or 955-1818.

View Quote

Snitches get stitches.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 5:56:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Evidently all gun shops are closed.  Bass Pro is closed, Lawful Defense on 441 appears closed.  Not a published or broadcast word about that.
Are sadie and hutch going to open the gulag for those they feel are not following orders?
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 11:56:06 PM EDT
[#15]
So all the college kids “sheltered” in the dorms and frat/sorority houses are maintaining social distancing, and studying for finals. Right...
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 8:41:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Humm governor says he is against stay home orders we in our brilliance say we are having a stay home order.

Our county numbers are bad and testing light IMO although they say we are heavy on testing. Ive heard  of no move to test healthcare workers or first responders.

Pawn shops are critical so get your ammo there!
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 10:00:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Evidently all gun shops are closed.  Bass Pro is closed, Lawful Defense on 441 appears closed.  Not a published or broadcast word about that.
Are sadie and hutch going to open the gulag for those they feel are not following orders?
View Quote

Lawful and the GTR Pro Shop are open per their FB posts.  Selling groceries (the coffee), self defense items, etc. Good for Glenn for not backing down.

GTR range is open too - one of those "healthy outdoor activities"

Link Posted: 3/28/2020 10:49:24 AM EDT
[#18]
So there will be drive through corona testing in Gainesville.  They just won’t say where.  You evidently have to first get a doctor to check, to pre screen you, and then get a prescription.  THEN they will tell you where  to go.

Bass Pro is closed, Lawful Defense is open.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 1:39:44 PM EDT
[#19]
I live in southern clay county but commute to work at a essential facility in Gainesville..... Waldo road Is a little bare then normal @ 6am in the morning.... Not much traffic going home either.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 8:27:45 AM EDT
[#20]
I find it easier to just drive to Marion County to shop, than to deal with the County Commission induced insanity here at home.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 8:51:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Well, they now have an official snitch form.
That escalated quickly.

My kid lives up there and sent me this.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 9:13:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 9:26:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 9:53:24 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm in BFC. Checked to see if they have this, so far, nope.
Won't be long before this 'technology' is shared.
Our shop is supposed to be closed, except for basic business ??.
We do have a nosey old bag that lives behind the shop that still snoops around.
We run the place like a speak easy.
Survivors are gonna survive.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 7:32:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Well, they now have an official snitch form.
That escalated quickly.

My kid lives up there and sent me this.
https://i.postimg.cc/28wwgqmq/received-652492338924648.jpg
View Quote

I wonder how scriptable that form is, and how much data they can store on the back end....
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 11:18:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
So all the college kids “sheltered” in the dorms and frat/sorority houses are maintaining social distancing, and studying for finals. Right...
View Quote

The local universities shut down weeks ago and told all the students to go home.  All classes on line and the campus is empty except for essential staff.  Gainesville is very quiet right now.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 12:18:48 PM EDT
[#27]
People are snitching....its being handled as a code enforcement issue for the most part.
Trash collection services have been impacted....the main dump is closed and trash collection centers will only take household garbage and the PC  recycling sham. No bulk items being collected.

Not the time for yard work or renovation projects...I suppose.  They had a trash man with a trash man badge (Environmental Protection Department) lightly inspecting trash being discarded.......seems trash pick up all around is being affected according to my google foo. Didnt think of that but here it is.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 9:36:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Still seems like business as usual here in Newrberry.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 6:21:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Evidently in Alachua County, the local nazis had to acknowledge State rules.  The 1 person per 1000sq foot rule is not in force
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 7:26:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Laughing.  And now it IS back in force.  The local nazis defy the Governor’s rules, and arbitrarily reinstate their own.  Getting interesting here.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 12:15:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Laughing.  And now it IS back in force.  The local nazis defy the Governor’s rules, and arbitrarily reinstate their own.  Getting interesting here.
View Quote

Only place where I've seen "enthusiastic" enforcement of any kind has been related to the "6 foot rule" at a gas station in Alachua, and it was the cashier freaking out over store policy, etc. with a manager there re-iterating that it was store policy, etc.

Link Posted: 4/8/2020 7:27:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Only place where I've seen "enthusiastic" enforcement of any kind has been related to the "6 foot rule" at a gas station in Alachua, and it was the cashier freaking out over store policy, etc. with a manager there re-iterating that it was store policy, etc.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Laughing.  And now it IS back in force.  The local nazis defy the Governor's rules, and arbitrarily reinstate their own.  Getting interesting here.

I went to Publix in Alachua last night and everything was surprisingly cordial. People were waiting in line, nobody complaining, shoppers courteous to each other in the store. Line moved quickly. About half the shoppers wearing masks, (none of the employees were). Still a good bit of staple stuff out of stock, didn't see anyone hoarding. Given the situation, it was a lot calmer than pre-virus. Usually the store is packed with people on their way home from work, rude & in a hurry.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 12:25:30 PM EDT
[#33]
I see the local Gauleiters have allowed Bass Pro to reopen.  10 to 6 hours, and only 50 customers at a time.  How nice of the county commisars.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top