Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2020 6:14:37 PM EDT
I figured we could all chime in as we hit the usual haunts to help each other find ammo, components, gear, mags, etc in this time of shaky availability.
I’m in Limestone County, but haven’t checked any of the local shops in the past couple weeks. I went down to Van’s in Cullman and Mike’s Pawn and Gun in Hartselle this morning.
So if you are looking anything throw it out in this thread and we can all help each other out as we go around.
All inventory reports below are as of the morning of Saturday, August 1.
Van’s:
Guns- Didn’t pay much attention, but I did notice they were low on handguns.
Ammo- They had something in all calibers you’d expect. 9mm and .223 were available, albeit at current market prices. No 9mm defensive loads though, just FMJ from what I saw. All pistol and .223 ammunition was subject to quantity limits. 12GA defensive loads were slim pickings. No 2 3/4” 12GA buckshot, just a couple boxes of slugs. 3” and larger had buckshot available though.
Components- Powder was plentiful, just too rich for my blood. Projectiles were largely untouched although they seemed to be out of 9mm projectiles. Primers were depleted. They had a bunch of large rifle, large rifle magnum, large pistol, and shotshell primers across multiple brands. They only had small rifle and small pistol of the Federal Match offering, of which there were several thousand primers of each. They also had a thousand or two Remington No 6 1/2 small rifle primers.
Mags/Etc- Magazine stock seemed to be largely untouched. They had some AR build components, including a handful of stripped lowers and uppers.

Mike’s Pawn and Gun:
Guns- Pretty depleted as far as AR’s, shotguns, and carry guns go. There were many empty spaces on the racks.
Ammo- Selection was surprisingly good, they even had 12GA 2 3/4” defensive loads. All ammo is subject to a 2 box per caliber per person per day limit. Prices were slightly lower than the current going rates online. They also had two spam cans of Russian 5.45x39 for $250 each. One was 1977 production, the other 1982.
Components- Their reloading section didn’t seem very comprehensive to start off with. They had large rifle and large pistol primers, but no small rifle or pistol from what I recall. They had powder for a halfway decent price including Varget which was a surprise.
Mags/Etc- Mags were plentiful and not badly priced for a retail operation. They had a fair amount of AR build components, but only a couple stripped receivers and no BCGs.
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 7:27:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't need them, but some small pistol primers would be nice. I'm just not ready to dig into my stash just yet.
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 8:52:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Stone arms in west Mobile  had a full wooden crate with 2 spam cans of 70’s  7.62x54r plus another sealed spam can.

Gun show weekend at mobile fairgrounds, reports are lines to complete background checks at the in show ffl gun dealers and any personal items were averaging $800 for a used Glock.

I hope to go tomorrow and will report back if anyone cares.  I know the majority of y’all are northerners. ??
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 3:16:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Not as busy as I would have thought it was going to be, slim pickings as expected but I did see a decent sig p6 dated 79 for 550, I wanted to make an offer to buy however the table owner was absent...  some nice selections of sks, mauser’s and such, some $800 Glocks and $600 s&w m10’s sitting.  Not a complete waist of time, nothing came come with me. Missing them good old days of 2019 shows..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top