Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2023 9:59:54 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 2:23:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not a lawyer or other legal career person, but this concerns me:

"HB12, also sponsored by England, makes it a misdemeanor if, during a traffic stop, a person in possession of a firearm fails to inform a law enforcement officer that he or she has a concealed gun. Said England, “it’s about restoring balance to law enforcement and having them try to maintain public safety.”

Isn't that skirting on or directly violating the US Constitution's 5th Amendment?

I understand the intent, but it seems to burden all legal carriers for the sake of one who might not be legal.

JMHO.
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 5:51:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 7:55:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does carrying on school property include driving through a school zone?
View Quote

No...a designated School Zone on a public road and school property aren't the same thing.
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 11:52:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 7:17:22 AM EDT
[#5]
You don’t have to inform, unless you are specifically asked. As of now at least. Don’t ask, don’t tell.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 8:44:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Can we please just get back to punishing actual criminals instead of simply creating more?
View Quote
This nails it!
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 10:14:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It was never a requirement to inform in the past and we seemed to have managed well without it.

Somehow during the quest to get Constitutional Carry they added in if asked if you have a firearm, and you are armed, you must answer truthfully or if it you don't then later a firearm is discovered you can be charged.

Now it seems this proposed law is you must inform on contact.

Proving yet again the gun grabbers will constantly attack.

It's AL I assume everyone is carrying.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not a lawyer or other legal career person, but this concerns me:

"HB12, also sponsored by England, makes it a misdemeanor if, during a traffic stop, a person in possession of a firearm fails to inform a law enforcement officer that he or she has a concealed gun. Said England, “it’s about restoring balance to law enforcement and having them try to maintain public safety.”

Isn't that skirting on or directly violating the US Constitution's 5th Amendment?

I understand the intent, but it seems to burden all legal carriers for the sake of one who might not be legal.

JMHO.

It was never a requirement to inform in the past and we seemed to have managed well without it.

Somehow during the quest to get Constitutional Carry they added in if asked if you have a firearm, and you are armed, you must answer truthfully or if it you don't then later a firearm is discovered you can be charged.

Now it seems this proposed law is you must inform on contact.

Proving yet again the gun grabbers will constantly attack.

It's AL I assume everyone is carrying.

I agree. And I’ve been pulled over several times and told the cop that I was carrying just out of courtesy and to ease his mind while I was digging around for my insurance and registration. I don’t have anything to hide and nothing illegal in the car so not a big deal. Never had an issue. But to be told that I have to by some dumbass lawmaker kind of twists my britches. It’s not like a new law is going to stop criminals from doing something. The good guys that are going to follow a new law and tell the cop about a gun weren’t going to shoot the cop to begin with. Politicians are dumb as hell.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top