Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2024 11:15:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Troll-Account]
I'm attending a wedding in Seattle, and want to bring some toys, since everyone is doing a big range day instead of the usual antics of strippers and blow. Items I want to bring....

A POS highpoint C9 (engraved and embellished real fancy as a groom's gag gift).
A pinned and welded 16" upper with a silencer.
A Ruger .22/45 pistol with silencer (10 round mag).
Glock 19 with no magazine, and a silencer.
A featureless Remington 870.

I know everyone in WA had some new laws pass and the AR upper should be OK since it's not a gun. There are plenty of normal capacity Glock 19 mags at the wedding. Theoretically I should be OK but want to make sure my packing list passes muster with the apes at the airport TSA.

Much appreciated to everyone for any second looks and advice.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:49:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Assuming the Ruger and Glock have threaded barrels for the suppressors, which makes them “assault weapons” under our stupid laws.

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:07:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Troll-Account] [#2]
They both have threaded barrels.

What about the pinned and welded AR upper with screw on adapter and can? It's not attached to a gun.

I could maybe just bring the Glock slide and barrel with suppressor since there will be more Glocks 19s there than hands to hold them. Components are not a gun until they touch a receiver.

I'm willing to leave the silenced .22 at home if it's going to cause a stink.

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:16:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Your AR is illegal to bring into WA as well as your pistols with threaded barrels. When you go through TSA on the way home and you are checking these items, don’t be surprised if TSA notifies the Port of Seattle PD and you might find yourself in some trouble.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 3:43:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Cops66:
Your AR is illegal to bring into WA as well as your pistols with threaded barrels. When you go through TSA on the way home and you are checking these items, don’t be surprised if TSA notifies the Port of Seattle PD and you might find yourself in some trouble.
View Quote

Even upper recievers? I planned on leaving the lower at home.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 3:55:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Troll-Account:

Even upper recievers? I planned on leaving the lower at home.
View Quote

You would probably be ok with that.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 5:44:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Cops66:
Your AR is illegal to bring into WA as well as your pistols with threaded barrels. When you go through TSA on the way home and you are checking these items, don't be surprised if TSA notifies the Port of Seattle PD and you might find yourself in some trouble.
View Quote
I would be shocked if anyone working the firearms check at SEA knew their [redacted] from their [redacted], let alone had even the slightest understanding of WA law. That being said, incompetent people in positions of authority can most certainly jam you up if they feel like it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 9:57:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Terrato:
I would be shocked if anyone working the firearms check at SEA knew their [redacted] from their [redacted], let alone had even the slightest understanding of WA law. That being said, incompetent people in positions of authority can most certainly jam you up if they feel like it.
View Quote

This is correct. The last time I flew in from Anchorage for a hunt; the TSA drone swabbed my shotgun for gunpowder residue.

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:42:41 PM EDT
[#8]
you'll be fine if you bring your federal paperwork.

RCW 9.41.390  
Assault weapons Manufacturing, importing, distributing, selling prohibited Exceptions Penalty.
(1) No person in this state may manufacture, import, distribute, sell, or offer for sale any assault weapon, except as authorized in this section.
(2) Subsection (1) of this section does not apply to any of the following:
(a) The manufacture, importation, distribution, offer for sale, or sale of an assault weapon by a licensed firearms manufacturer for the purposes of sale to any branch of the armed forces of the United States or the state of Washington, or to any law enforcement agency for use by that agency or its employees for law enforcement purposes, or to a person who does not reside in this state;

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:14:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By mikeyb76:

RCW 9.41.390  
Assault weapons Manufacturing, importing, distributing, selling prohibited Exceptions Penalty.
(1) No person in this state may manufacture, import, distribute, sell, or offer for sale any assault weapon, except as authorized in this section.
(a) The manufacture, importation, distribution, offer for sale, or sale of an assault weapon by a licensed firearms manufacturer for the purposes of sale to any branch of the armed forces of the United States or the state of Washington, or to any law enforcement agency for use by that agency or its employees for law enforcement purposes, or to a person who does not reside in this state;

View Quote

I think you're missing a bit.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:56:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mikeyb76] [#10]
nah.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:31:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By John_H:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By John_H:
Originally Posted By mikeyb76:

RCW 9.41.390  

Correct. It's listing who an FFL can sell to, Military, LE, and non-residents.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:14:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Sometimes mailing things to yourself is a better option

I'm heading back for Memorial Day weekend and will not be carrying anything of importance through SeaTac
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 8:28:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Talking to the wedding party organizer, in this instance it's better for me to just leave my guns at home minus the opulently engraved hi-point grooms gift.

Will I run into any problems flying in from out of state with a bunch of ammo? There will be no shortage of firearms there the out of staters can borrow.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:01:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Troll-Account:
Talking to the wedding party organizer, in this instance it's better for me to just leave my guns at home minus the opulently engraved hi-point grooms gift.

Will I run into any problems flying in from out of state with a bunch of ammo? There will be no shortage of firearms there the out of staters can borrow.
View Quote
No, ammo is not verboten. I think there is a weight limit on how much ammo you can fly with; defined by the airline. TSA does not limit quantity.
Link Posted: Yesterday 1:09:25 PM EDT
[#15]
IANAL but there is almost no chance you will have issues. You are more likely to be in a plane crash on the flight here.

WA just doesn't prosecute gun crimes at all, and there hasn't been a single attempt to prosecute an individual under all our stupid new AWB and mag laws. Ferguson knows that a fast track criminal trial could blow up all these unconstitutional laws in a heartbeat.

Our transfer ban is a decade old now, and the one time they tried to prosecute, they couldn't even manage to nail a guy who shoplifted a gun from Cabela's.

Since voters adopted Initiative 594, or I-594, in 2014 regarding background checks for firearm sales and transfers, only one person in the state's three largest counties has been charged and convicted of violating the law, and no one at the state level has been charged or convicted.
Top Top