Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2016 4:47:41 PM EDT
These are my thoughts on ATF41F

The BATFE's new rule will drastically affect the way that you use your Texas NFA Trust to purchase Silencers, SBRs and other Title III firearms.

I talk about the new Rule, How they will affect the use of your trust to purchase, own and Manage your Silencer and NFA collection and how we can defeat it!

Here is a link to the entire 248 page proposed final rule.  Enjoy.

ATF41F In a Nut Shell:
1.  It is Business as Usual for 180 days.  Then things change.
2.  Fingerprints and Photographs are now required for all responsible persons.
3.  Trustees:  most trustees are responsible persons
4.  It may be possible to create a trustee who has limited powers of possession and will not be a responsible person.
5.  There is no requirement for new responsible persons to submit fingerprints and photographs to the BATFE until a new form 1 or form 4 is submitted.  
6.  The Responsible Persons on a trust do not have to submit new Fingerprints and Photographs during the two years (24mo) period following the submission of a form 1 or a form 4 for additional filings.  

We need to ask Congress to DEFUND atf41F.  The Congress has defunded previous ATF rules that overstepped their authority.  The Saiga/Chinese Cowboy Action Shotgun Importation ban was the most recent.

Congress has the anility to  Defund ATF41F before it is implemented in July 2015.

DEFUND ATF 41F!  

Congressman John Culbertson
Appropriations Committee

Houston office
Phone: (713) 682-8828
Fax: (713) 680-8070

Washington, dc office
Phone: (202) 225-2571
Fax: (202) 225-4381

After you and all of your friends and family have called and emailed Congressman Culbertson, The should email, Call and fax a request to defund ATF41F to their congressional Representative!

Find Your Representative at:
http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

The next step is to contact your Senators.  
Find their contact information here:
https://www.opencongress.org/people/zipcodelookup

If you are from Texas, this is the contact information for your Two Senators!

Ted Cruz
Republican

Phone: 202-224-5922

John Cornyn
Republican

Phone: 202-224-2934

Call, Fax and Email your Representative and Senators.
Ask them to make sure that they vote to DEFUND ATF41F.

On the Legal side, Joshua Prince of the Prince Law Firms and the Firearms Industry Consulting Group is mounting a legal challenge to ATF41F.  Please donate to fund this fight that will help ALL of us in the future:  www.FightATF41P.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWxEO882144
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 5:41:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Thank You for the information.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 7:47:07 PM EDT
[#2]
For an individual, this rule change is a good thing. I understand the inconvenience it may cause for trust holders but as an individual it has always been part of the process.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 9:51:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 10:01:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for posting that, extremely helpful.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 10:28:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 10:48:26 PM EDT
[#6]
This sounds the same as 41p that just passed or am I missing something?
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 11:39:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By rtran:
This sounds the same as 41p that just passed or am I missing something?
View Quote

41P was the proposal and 41F is the final ruling.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 12:02:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Fantastic post, thank you
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 12:13:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks guys share it with everyone you know and get them to call their senators and congressmen and call congressman culverts in the office. Fax them email them send smoke signals, doesn't matter get the word out to re elected representatives.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 8:10:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mm38] [#10]
Would some be affected if they already have items on a trust and have no plans to add any additional items to the trust?

Also considering de-registering the SBR.  Fun toy, but I don;t think I've used it since 2008.

mm

ETA - I just saw the post further down that answers the question.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 2:15:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Great video thank you for posting it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 3:07:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for taking the time to put the video together.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 3:49:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By SC-Texas:
Thanks guys share it with everyone you know and get them to call their senators and congressmen and call congressman culverts in the office. Fax them email them send smoke signals, doesn't matter get the word out to re elected representatives.
View Quote

I am trying to get as many people as I can to call but I am finding several that think this is a good thing only because of the lack of a CLEO signature for individual purchase.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 10:16:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By sanangelo:

I am trying to get as many people as I can to call but I am finding several that think this is a good thing only because of the lack of a CLEO signature for individual purchase.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sanangelo:
Originally Posted By SC-Texas:

those the ones that would get Buttsekkzts and afterward think it wasn't all that bad,=
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 10:58:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the video.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top