Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2022 7:43:10 PM EDT
https://www.ar500armor.com/ny-body-armor-ban

New York Body Armor Ban
On Sunday, June 5th, 2022, the New York Democrat-led government enacted an unconstitutional law raising the age to buy a rifle to 21 years old and making civilian purchases of body armor “illegal”, with minimal exceptions. Thirty days from June 5th, we can no longer legally ship body armor to civilians in the state of New York.

This tyrannical law signed by the New York governor is an infringement of God-given rights
We plan to prioritize ALL New York orders to deliver within the July 5thcutoff date
We are suing the state of New York: RESIST TYRANNY, SUE NY
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 8:07:21 PM EDT
[#1]
They are idiots. Hard plates and plate carriers are not banned. They can continue selling to NY.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 8:48:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They are idiots. Hard plates and plate carriers are not banned. They can continue selling to NY.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Its only a matter of time before they amend or pass something banning everything.

https://www.thetrace.org/2022/06/new-york-body-armor-ban-buffalo-shooting/

“we’re coming back in January, so we’ll amend it.”
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 1:41:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't get how the body armor ban will hold up to a court challenge. Considering there are companies that make bulletproof jackets and other clothing how could a law banning protective cloth like Kevlar stand up to a challenge in the courts?
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 1:43:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I don't get how the body armor ban will hold up to a court challenge. Considering there are companies that make bulletproof jackets and other clothing how could a law banning protective cloth like Kevlar stand up to a challenge in the courts?
View Quote

Great question.  My only answer:  NY gonna be NY...
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 1:49:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Great question.  My only answer:  NY gonna be NY...
View Quote

At this point I think they're just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks. It doesn't matter if it's overturned weeks, months, or years after it passes as long as they can say they did something.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 2:15:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 11:30:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

At this point I think they're just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks. It doesn't matter if it's overturned weeks, months, or years after it passes as long as they can say they did something.
View Quote

Agree 100%.  They made AR15s illegal again!...    I doubt they even have a clue what is even on the "books" at this point.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top