Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2022 4:20:33 PM EDT
Any shops that have decent pricing on stripped lowers in CT?

Any companies that we can from online and transfer via CT FFL?

...yeah, getting my "panic buy lowers" lined up
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 5:03:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Any shops that have decent pricing on stripped lowers in CT?

Any companies that we can from online and transfer via CT FFL?

...yeah, getting my "panic buy lowers" lined up
View Quote

All the stores should have them and most online sellers will ship to a CT FFL.

Really no need to overthink it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 5:43:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Ive bought my last couple lowers from brownells and had shipped to my ffl no problems... pretty sure primary arms has no issue shipping lowers to a ffl here in ct....

Or call around your local gun shops and ask if they have any in stock and price and what kind....
Factor in if you buy online shipping costs and whatever your ffl is going to charge you to do the transfer...
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 10:42:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I can't see bans at national level, and CT already has a ban and lowers are still available.  But, I can see this state's legislature come back next year to close the Other & pre-ban "loophole".

Edit: "loophole" in quotes as it's not a true loophole.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 7:29:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted: the Other & pre-ban loophole.
View Quote

Please don't use the term loophole. It makes it seem like we're doing something surreptitiously.
There's no ambiguity here. The law literally states pre-bans are exempt and there's a set of requirements a firearm using an AR lower must meet to be illegal.
Leave the denigrating terms for the grabbers.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 11:48:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Please don't use the term loophole. It makes it seem like we're doing something surreptitiously.
There's no ambiguity here. The law literally states pre-bans are exempt and there's a set of requirements a firearm using an AR lower must meet to be illegal.
Leave the denigrating terms for the grabbers.
View Quote

Fair.  I edited my original comment and added explanation.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 10:34:02 AM EDT
[#6]
A friend of mine just picked up a couple lowers from The Gun Store in Waterbury. They were a bit over $100 if I remember right.

Hoffman's has their brand for under $100 if you don't mind dealing with them.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 4:10:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Delta had quite a few in stock. I beleive they were 109. Joeboboutfitters and primary arms no issue shipping here. also aero precision.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 8:13:22 PM EDT
[#8]
watch where you transfer, some shops are near or at $50 per transfer

Link Posted: 6/7/2022 8:26:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:watch where you transfer, some shops are near or at $50 per transfer
View Quote

I hope you're not buying from shops that charge a transfer fee (at any cost) for something you buy in-store.

FYI: Alpha Dog, in Southbury, in still only a $20 transfer (no in-house products).
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 1:41:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I hope you're not buying from shops that charge a transfer fee (at any cost) for something you buy in-store.

FYI: Alpha Dog, in Southbury, in still only a $20 transfer (no in-house products).
View Quote

Who does that?
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 2:55:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:Who does that?
View Quote

In-state? No clue (I hope no one).
However, I've read plenty of posts, here, where people thought it was normal for a dealer to charge a transfer fee on in-house items
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 8:09:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

id never do business with a shop that did that.

thats a good price, thank you!

CCA is $50, dont ask how i know.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 6:44:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Who does that?
View Quote

Valley Firearms used to do it with their Gunbroker items before the owner died/ business closed. It didn't bother me much since I knew what I was willing to pay for the gun. I just bid less than I would have if they weren't playing those kind of games.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 2:17:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Yeah, made the mistake of using my local FFl for a transfer, $50.00 + tax.
Great way to motivate me to go elsewhere.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 7:14:43 PM EDT
[#15]
If they have it in stock and your transferring the same gun in I wood feel kind of weird.

I actually got my sig legion cheaper than the internet locally
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top