Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2022 9:05:44 AM EDT
What are the requirements exactly?
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 9:17:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Gotta be a fixed magazine. No other way. If it's a fixed mag it can have evil features. Obviously a brace is needed or no stock.

And the lower has to be on your permit obviously.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 9:37:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Has to be a fixed mag, a pistol that can accept a detachable magazine outside the pistol grip is an AW
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 3:46:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Has to be a fixed mag, a pistol that can accept a detachable magazine outside the pistol grip is an AW
View Quote

No it has to be non-detachable. A NY-10 lower will allow it to drop in the magwell but not out of the receiver. This allows loading through the ejection port with a Mean Arms or Bear tool, through the carved out side of the magwell with the mag dropped but still inside the receiver, or by separating the upper and lower and top loading.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 10:52:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Anyone in Suffolk ever attempt this ?
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 11:00:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Anyone in Suffolk ever attempt this ?
View Quote

Not sure how Suffolk works, but all you really need is an FFL to give you a bill of sale with make/model/serial for the lower...so the clerk or pistol office can add it to your permit.

If they are super anti gun and knowledgeable, they may deny it because ARs are evil...but most office clerks have no idea.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 12:50:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No it has to be non-detachable. A NY-10 lower will allow it to drop in the magwell but not out of the receiver. This allows loading through the ejection port with a Mean Arms or Bear tool, through the carved out side of the magwell with the mag dropped but still inside the receiver, or by separating the upper and lower and top loading.
View Quote

If he is still even making the NY-10, I reached out to him and have heard nothing back.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 1:35:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If he is still even making the NY-10, I reached out to him and have heard nothing back.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Craig is very busy. We talk now and again, but it's been months since we touched base.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 4:37:04 PM EDT
[#8]
It occurs to me that there could come a time when it's easier for me to use my pistol license to buy a lower than wait out the new license.

What's a pistol lower with a stock and 20" barrel?

I think the ATF just says it's a perfectly legal rifle.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 4:00:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Nah, that's dumb.  VZ-58 pistol with a fixed mag is a bigger FU to NYS.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 4:11:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Craig is very busy. We talk now and again, but it's been months since we touched base.
View Quote

I spoke to him back in the winter, he was going to do a new run of lowers, had other product ideas and was going to put up a web storefront, etc.  and have heard nothing since.  He did a custom 450 bushmaster NY-10 for me a few years ago too and I would buy more from him but he is tough to nail down
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top