Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2018 12:04:11 PM EDT
Hey all. Looking for advice on this upper and if it’s NY legal. My understanding is that as long as the lower is compliant, I should be good but any assistance is appreciated.

BLEM PSA 16" MID-LENGTH 5.56 NATO 1:7 PHOSPHATE 13.5" LIGHTWEIGHT M-LOK UPPER WITH MBUS SIGHT SET

http://palmettostatearmory.com/blem-psa-16-mid-length-5-56-nato-1-7-phosphate-13-5-lightweight-m-lok-upper-with-mbus-sight-set-no-bcg-or-ch-5165448592.html
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 12:24:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got that same one in .223 wylde with a stainless barrel, as long as you put it on a fixed mag lower you are gtg.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 5:30:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Another alternative is to have a thread protector pinned/welded instead of the muzzle device and use a featureless lower.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 11:04:57 AM EDT
[#3]
It's legal on a fixed mag lower but because it's illegal on a detachable mag lower they may refuse to ship it here.

They refused to ship me a pistol grip complete lower that I intended to swap a monsterman grip onto.
Of course it does no good to try to explain the actual law to them.

I don't think there is any way for an upper to actually be illegal in itself.
Even a short barrel could go into a legal pistol build.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 11:12:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's legal on a fixed mag lower but because it's illegal on a detachable mag lower they may refuse to ship it here.

They refused to ship me a pistol grip complete lower that I intended to swap a monsterman grip onto.

View Quote
I got a 7.5" pistol upper sent to me by PSA...flash hider and all. Totally legal, and PSA has no issue with it. It will go onto a fixed mag pistol AR.

Go PSA!
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 11:38:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I got a 7.5" pistol upper sent to me by PSA...flash hider and all. Totally legal, and PSA has no issue with it. It will go onto a fixed mag pistol AR.

Go PSA!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go PSA!
A local shop near me just had a bunch of 7.5" uppers laid out, and are going to be selling fixed mag lowers.  They aren't able to assemble them, but you if you were to happen to buy both you can get a SAFE compliant fixed mag pistol on your permit.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 12:08:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's on their website that they won't ship complete lowers to NY, uppers are fine, so are kits.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 2:42:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Stripped lowers are $40-50 at runnings, anyway.  Buy a few of them, then buy kits.  Simple.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 5:19:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Stripped lowers are $40-50 at runnings, anyway.  Buy a few of them, then buy kits.  Simple.
View Quote
Does Runnings charge a transfer fee?
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 4:37:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not if you're buying product there.  Never asked about using them as an FFL for a transfer, though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top