Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2021 4:03:55 PM EDT
Not trying to be funny. I have a friend who is not a member here yet and is interested in buying an AR-15 while living in Mass. As a CT resident I suggested to him to register here on this web site. I know he is a very busy professional, so I'm here to ask on his behalf. What if any restrictions might there be on purchasing an AR-15 as of 8-9-21. And while I'm asking, can he purchase or is limited by any mag restriction(s)?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 10:14:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Briefly . . .

Mass Gen'l Laws says that he must have a MA LTC in order to possess anything gun related. Also it must be neutered to meet the MA Assault Weapons Ban & mags must hold no more than 10 rds (both same as the old Clinton Federal Bans that expired in Free America in 2004). Exception if it was mfd on/before 9/13/1994, those are grandfathered.

Now the MA AG spouted off in a news conference (in 2016), memo and FAQ that all ARs are illegal unless  grandfathered as I noted above. Most dealers will not sell ARs, but there may be a few that will work around this BS. I'm in the camp that says that no politician can create a law without legislative action. Nobody's been prosecuted for her alleged ban. Court challenges have been filed but she has outwitted us on procedural grounds each time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top