Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2024 8:36:47 PM EDT
SOB, the AZ Corp. Commission  voted to allow APS another rate increase. I dont think these assholes ever lower the rates and somehow I bet it is increasing their pensions.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 10:25:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Just what we need!
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 10:30:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm so glad I live on the east side, and have SRP.

When is our governor or attorney general gonna step in and put a stop to this cycle of never ending rate increases?? It's gotta be killing their voter base!!
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 11:19:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ar15robert] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By kevhogAZ:

When is our governor or attorney general gonna step in and put a stop to this cycle of never ending rate increases?? It's gotta be killing their voter base!!
View Quote

we are in peoria and have srp as well but seems alot have aps.A small increase would put a dent in extra money our bill is mid to upper 400 range in peak of summer when ac runs 12-14 hrs a day.

1900sf house but high ceiling in living room
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 11:42:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: IT_Cowboy] [#4]
1500 sq ft home and runs about $220 avg on APS. There was a project here a while ago where they raised the power lines on a street, It was one way traffic with a flagger person working it and she paid more attention to her phone than the traffic. Probably making $30 hr just to do that and yet they need more $$$$
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 10:52:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By kevhogAZ:

View Quote

The Corporation Commission is made up of independently elected commissioners.  Only one Dem, the rest R's.  They approve rate changes for utilities all over the state, from APS down to the little mom & pop water company.   The governor and AG have nothing to do with it unless the commissioners are doing something illegal.  Approving utility rate increases is not illegal.

Anyhow, all the R's voted for the rate increase because they're all corporate tools. The lone D voted against the rate increase.

So the question you should be asking is, "when will people wake up and vote for what's in their best interest instead of just knee jerk voting based on the party of a candidate."
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 11:14:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By pbystreetgang:

The Corporation Commission is made up of independently elected commissioners.  Only one Dem, the rest R's.  They approve rate changes for utilities all over the state, from APS down to the little mom & pop water company.   The governor and AG have nothing to do with it unless the commissioners are doing something illegal.  Approving utility rate increases is not illegal.

Anyhow, all the R's voted for the rate increase because they're all corporate tools. The lone D voted against the rate increase.

So the question you should be asking is, "when will people wake up and vote for what's in their best interest instead of just knee jerk voting based on the party of a candidate."
View Quote

I'd do my best to let people know how much their vote counted!!
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 12:17:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Why not educate yourselves versus reacting emotionally.

APS went in for a rare case a couple years ago. Much of what they asked for was denied. They sued, and a judge agreed with APS that by law they are supposed to get recovery on capital they spend to generate and deliver electricity. The judge told the ACC to redo the rate case and follow the law. That is why the current rate case passed.

Costs for everything is going up. You ever price a transmission substation transformer?  How about all the poles that need to be minted during monsoon? A utility has to be able to recover these costs somehow.

Price increases suck, but the only alternative is grid instability. That’s how you get things like the massive fires in California from power lines. No money to do forestry management and line maintenance leads to worn equipment touching flammable branches.

SRP is even worse. As a quasi government agency they are not regulated by the ACC. Basically the SRP board of directors approves rate increases that they submit to themselves.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 10:08:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kevhogAZ] [#8]
Originally Posted By Joe_Blacke:
Why not educate yourselves versus reacting emotionally.

APS went in for a rare case a couple years ago. Much of what they asked for was denied. They sued, and a judge agreed with APS that by law they are supposed to get recovery on capital they spend to generate and deliver electricity. The judge told the ACC to redo the rate case and follow the law. That is why the current rate case passed.

Costs for everything is going up. You ever price a transmission substation transformer?  How about all the poles that need to be minted during monsoon? A utility has to be able to recover these costs somehow.

Price increases suck, but the only alternative is grid instability. That’s how you get things like the massive fires in California from power lines. No money to do forestry management and line maintenance leads to worn equipment touching flammable branches.

SRP is even worse. As a quasi government agency they are not regulated by the ACC. Basically the SRP board of directors approves rate increases that they submit to themselves.
View Quote

Nevermind.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top