Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2021 7:31:01 PM EDT
Little help please.

I am interested in the American Pioneer Corps but, the web site doesn't provide a whole lot of detail, the join link on that site doesn't go anywhere. The only other information I see is here. I have noted the thread up top on battle buddies but, I don't see anything anywhere about a chapter in Florida.

Is there a chapter in Florida? if yes, where and how do you reach them? How does one join or get more details?

Thank you for your responses.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 8:40:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm leery of any group where the website doesn't have any contact information.  No names of the officers of the group, no address, no email.

Based on the number of pictures of people carrying modern sporting rifles, it seems more a militia than a leadership training organization.

I'd look at something more established if you are looking for volunteer activities where you can pick up some skills.  Civil Air Patrol, Red Cross Disaster Volunteer, Coast Guard Auxiliary, Auxiliary Police (if your area has that).  Heck, be an assistant Scout Master.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:41:40 PM EDT
[#2]
What part of FL?  I’m in Jacksonville and curious as well
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:04:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I am just north of West Palm Beach.

I was under the impression that APC got it's start on this site based on some other threads I have read. Is the Florida Battle Buddy thing the same as American Pioneers?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:27:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, Florida Battle Buddy is APC from before APC changed its name to APC.  There are several local groups in Miami, Tampa Bay, Orlando, and Jackson.

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:34:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:51:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, Florida Battle Buddy is APC from before APC changed its name to APC.  There are several local groups in Miami, Tampa Bay, Orlando, and Jackson.

View Quote
Wasn't there a thread with everyone's area/regions set up.?

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:30:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Thank you for the replies.

I am not sure how this works but, if someone were to offer a little guidance, I would be willing to put in the time and effort to help establish something in the Treasure/Space Coast area. It seems like a big gap to fill and I don't know how many members in the area would be interested.

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:30:28 AM EDT
[#8]
We host 1 hike a month (that is our goal anyway) here in the Tampa Bay area.   We hike in Pinellas, Hillsborough, and most recently Manatee counties.  Pasco County is not really out of our range, and we may be able to stretch into Western Polk County.  However people come from South of Miami and North of Jacksonville to attend.  It is humbling to see really.  

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:40:50 PM EDT
[#9]
The Miami chapter is holding a hike on 1/30  (see link below).  It would be about a ~3.5 hr drive,  but we'd be glad to have you.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Hometown/January-FLBB-Miami-Chapter-Hike-30-Jan-2021-OPORD-Posted-/10-651319/

As far as planning your own hike, build it and they will come... usually (I did end up stepping off solo once ).  Find a place to hike, and pick a time to do it.  I'll try to show up and lend a hand if that would make it easier.  Don't let any of this stuff intimidate you, it's really just a group of people taking a walk.

You can get ahold of me via IM here, or at:
Apc.fl.miami[at]protonmail.com
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:42:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Miami chapter is holding a hike on 1/30  (see link below).  It would be about a ~3.5 hr drive,  but we'd be glad to have you.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Hometown/January-FLBB-Miami-Chapter-Hike-30-Jan-2021-OPORD-Posted-/10-651319/

As far as planning your own hike, build it and they will come... usually (I did end up stepping off solo once ).  Find a place to hike, and pick a time to do it.  I'll try to show up and lend a hand if that would make it easier.  Don't let any of this stuff intimidate you, it's really just a group of people taking a walk.

You can get ahold of me via IM here, or at:
Apc.fl.miami[at]protonmail.com
View Quote

Thank you for the invite. This should be closer than Jax or Tampa. email sent.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top