Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2023 11:48:34 AM EDT
What: A 7.5 mile ruck through the forest, followed by small arms qualification with rifle, shotgun, and pistol. There will be an optional NOD's low-light/no-light shoot in the evening. Bring your night vision! . There's no light pollution in this area, NODs should be really fun!

When: July 28th to July 30th. The ruck and shoot will occur on the 29th. The 28th is for setup and acclimation (10,000ft elevation), and the 30th is for AAR, cleanup and camp breakdown.

Where: Northern Colorado, near the town of Red Feather Lakes. Approximate location coordinates: 40.805977, -105.772530

Who: I (pestilence12) will be hosting this event. Anybody from any state is invited.

Here is a live link to the document I made for all the details and plans for the weekend:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vQKMhuL1qGyhCZJEhEwIZt0km8iJs0LPzQPZlaZ_EfwJFhd0t0w2Z-CFgmglsHOpswELUNQFfItbNDs/pub

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Some quick details:

If you just want to come up for the ruck and shoot, or just the ruck, or just the shoot, that is perfectly fine. Please show up!

Site location - I will give out exact location coordinates of the campsite after you have RSVP'd. I will also give out the comm channel after RSVP.

The ruck will be in full gear with the rifle.

Also, please feel free to bring along anybody who may be interested in small arms training. I am willing to spend time with folks getting them up to speed on shooting fundamentals. You do NOT need to be a Top Shot to come to this. It is not a competition.

I strongly encourage people to show up on Friday so they can acclimate before hiking at 10,000+ feet in elevation. Also, I would really appreciate any extra hands to get the range set up.

If you do not have certain pieces of gear: PLEASE reach out to me. I have quite a bit of extra gear (LBV, an extra plate carrier, extra battle belt, extra mag pouches, PPE, firearms, etc) and I can loan out stuff to folks that need it for the event. If you have concerns about ammo, PM me.

If you have any questions, drop me a PM on here, or shoot me an email at [email protected]

RSVP
Please RSVP for this event as soon as possible, at least a week before the scheduled date, so that I can plan for spacing at the campsite and shooters on the line (targets, benches, etc.)

A PM here, a comment saying you're in, or an email to [email protected] will all suffice.

Let's get it
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 4:25:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a great time, but one day to acclimate to the altitude isn’t very much considering most don't work or train at that altitude. I spend a fair bit of time in Leadville and it isn’t fun doing fun shit at that altitude if you aren’t used to it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 4:29:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Claytonhoneyberry:
Sounds like a great time, but one day to acclimate to the altitude isn’t very much considering most don't work or train at that altitude. I spend a fair bit of time in Leadville and it isn’t fun doing fun shit at that altitude if you aren’t used to it.
View Quote

Yeah, one day is pushing it, I know. I live at 9k ft. I used to run medical calls all summer for altitude sickness. It's the best I could do. If folks are worried about it, take an extra day and grab a can of Boost. You should come down for it!
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 3:59:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm no expert on Colorado's gun rules, I just think of them as "generally unfriendly territory"; what are the guidelines as far as what can be brought and used for the event? No full-capacity mags, no NFA, etc?
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 4:38:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pestilence12] [#4]
Originally Posted By rudderbutter:
I'm no expert on Colorado's gun rules, I just think of them as "generally unfriendly territory"; what are the guidelines as far as what can be brought and used for the event? No full-capacity mags, no NFA, etc?
View Quote

Colorado is NFA friendly. Suppressors, SBR's, etc. all good to go. If you're visiting, fill out the 5320.20 and get it approved before taking an SBR. I am not ATF, and it's none of my business what you do with your stamps or forms. That's on you

Magazines, don't worry about. It's unenforceable. You can still buy them here in state. Bring whatever you'd like. Just don't go to Denver or Boulder.

The biggest things to think about are:

1. Make sure your Concealed carry is reciprocal if you plan on CC'ing. You can keep a loaded pistol in your car without a CCP - just not concealed on your body. CO is open carry friendly, especially where we're gonna be. Not Denver or Boulder.

2. Do not keep rifles loaded in vehicles while traveling. Unload, clear, and case it separately from mags.

3. If you do plan on bringing NFA items, do your due diligence and bring your paperwork and/or forms associated with them (again, that's your private business and on you).
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 9:01:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll be there. Let me know if you need extra help setting things up, I can show up a few days early as needed.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 9:12:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By rudderbutter:
I'll be there. Let me know if you need extra help setting things up, I can show up a few days early as needed.
View Quote

That's awesome man, looking forward to having you!

I'll be sure to reach out.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 8:10:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Bump for a week out anyone is still welcome
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 6:17:18 PM EDT
[#8]
@rudderbutter I sent you a pm. Hit me up brother.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top