Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2018 10:17:37 AM EDT
So earlier this year I lost my job, did a few dead ends just to make ends meet and then one of my best friends landed me a job with his employer. Been here for a few good months and dont mind the work.
While I was dead end jobbing I was with a temp agency and a worker called last week telling me that if I was interested he had two places that had positions open that aligned with my background. The pay and hours are the same or better than where I'm at now but my biggest hang up is telling my friend I found a new place. Anyone know the ettiquet for that? I know I gotta do what's best for my end at the end of the day but I've never had to think of this situation before. Hes talked me out of one job offer months back but these new ones I feel are worth entertaining.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 12:52:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 6:15:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Shit if I know? I've been my own boss for almost 20 years. I would research the job before I committed.
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 4:32:01 PM EDT
[#3]
A good friend won’t take it personally. Be straight with them if you’re seriously entertaining the other jobs.
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 11:39:50 PM EDT
[#4]
This is an easy one.  Ask your friend because he obviously has your best interest at heart.  I'll bet he says to do what is best for you.
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 8:49:42 AM EDT
[#5]
^^^I think Lifestar hit the nail on the head with this one. I would ask my friend and make sure that they know it's a desirable position for you. If he does care about you, he will encourage you to check it out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top