Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2021 10:51:49 PM EDT
"California's population fell by more than 182,000 people in 2020, marking the first year-over-year loss ever recorded for the nation's most populous state."

"The state's population has become a political issue this year ... with Republicans blaming high taxes and the governor's policies for people fleeing the state. "

From 2010 to 2020, about 6.1 million people left California for other states..."

This is caused by more than just the Governor.  It is due to the entire State government, all branches.

https://abc7.com/society/california-reports-first-yearly-population-decline-in-states-history/10594297/

Link Posted: 5/8/2021 12:15:51 AM EDT
[#1]
A couple headlines on the LA Times website today speak volumes.

Link Posted: 5/8/2021 2:23:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 3:36:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Just spent the weekend in PHX, AZ.  They all told me that the "wrong" people are coming in.  Left wingers with "Cal Values".  They've sold their CA houses for big money and are driving up the PHX home costs.  
And they're all voting D.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 4:37:45 PM EDT
[#4]
180 my ass

We’ve had that move out of contra costa alone.  They are offsetting the number with the influx of illegals.  

I read somewhere for every 1 new person that moves in 7600 leave.  I think it’s high but not far off.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 8:48:41 PM EDT
[#5]
About a year ago I posted some stats reported about the stream of people leaving San Francisco.  It was a BIG number, like 30%.  I looked but could not find the post.  It's probably archived.

I've been watching housing prices across the US.  They have jumped, a step function, by $100k - $200k (30%) in the last year.  What was $300k is now $400; $450k is now $600k.  These prices are in areas which have very high energy costs, too - AC all summer; heating most of the fall & winter.  

Many areas also have very high property tax rates, as well.

We waited too long to leave.  :-(
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 9:05:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Meant to mention this -

This phenomenon is not happening in one State.  It is happening in every city and State we are considering; everywhere, all over the US.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 9:13:18 PM EDT
[#7]
California has 12% of the Nation's population (40M / 328M).

Imagine what would happen to States like Wyoming or Vermont (the two least populous States) if just 1% of California moved there.  It would almost double the population of those States.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 9:29:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I could have left by now.  

I’ve had 2 offers  from 2 companies to buy mine

Tons of equity in my house.  My problem is I’m only

I cash out and leave with 1.5 mil or so and repurchase everything and start over ?  

For me at my stage in life it wouldn’t be a good financial move .
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 6:11:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Timing is everything in these matters.

Leaving only makes sense if/when the timing is right for YOU.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 10:06:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just spent the weekend in PHX, AZ.  They all told me that the "wrong" people are coming in.  Left wingers with "Cal Values".  They've sold their CA houses for big money and are driving up the PHX home costs.  
And they're all voting D.
View Quote

Yep, we need to build a wall at the river. Don't California my Arizona.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 5:32:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yep, we need to build a wall at the river. Don't California my Arizona.
View Quote
Some of us are the right stuff. 15 years now.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 6:15:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Some of us are the right stuff. 15 years now.
View Quote

Yep, my comment was directed at population and not just a certain type of people. The valley has gotten way too crowded. Lakes and mountains are packed, housing and urban sprawl has exploded. AZ is full. That is my point. Well, the fact that we are now Libtard blue doesn't help either.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 6:49:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
180 my ass

We’ve had that move out of contra costa alone.  They are offsetting the number with the influx of illegals.  

I read somewhere for every 1 new person that moves in 7600 leave.  I think it’s high but not far off.
View Quote

Are you claiming 180,000 people have left Contra Costa county?

As someone who lives there I sure don’t notice it. Seems like just as many people as ever and housing costs in CCC and Alameda are insane.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 10:03:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

As someone who lives there I sure don’t notice it. Seems like just as many people as ever and housing costs in CCC and Alameda are insane.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
180 my ass

The void is being filled by San Fran people.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 5:17:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 5:21:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 5:24:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 5:30:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 9:09:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I’m 61 and did just that.

The $75,000 a year that 1.5 will produce a year will do you fine* in these parts.

*Depending on your appetite for suppressors, SBR, or other NFA toys.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I could have left by now.  

I’ve had 2 offers  from 2 companies to buy mine

Tons of equity in my house.  My problem is I’m only

I cash out and leave with 1.5 mil or so and repurchase everything and start over ?  

For me at my stage in life it wouldn’t be a good financial move .

I’m 61 and did just that.

The $75,000 a year that 1.5 will produce a year will do you fine* in these parts.

*Depending on your appetite for suppressors, SBR, or other NFA toys.

75k wouldn’t do it for me with still helping my 3 daughters.  

I have thought about early retirement but losing that much money in early withdrawal penalties would make my nuts fall off.  

I’m stuck for at least 2 more years .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top