Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2021 6:31:46 PM EDT
I have a 62 yr old relative relocating from Austin to downtown Denver on Jan. 1st. And, he's legally blind.
Can anyone help with some suggestions on where to stay ? He will need a hotel at first.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 10:10:40 PM EDT
[#1]
What's bringing him to Colorado? Does he want to be downtown specifically?  Budget? There are many good options for places to stay, but it depends on one's preferences and needs.
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 8:13:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's bringing him to Colorado? Does he want to be downtown specifically?  Budget? There are many good options for places to stay, but it depends on one's preferences and needs.
View Quote

Actually, it's work and family. He can transfer to Denver, and his son is living there. I would suppose the needs will be somewhere safe, within walking distance of his office.
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 1:51:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Then I'd recommend starting with his work address and finding what looks walkable from there. If he's going to be working downtown I'd recommend avoiding the Denver Rescue Mission area (tons of urban campers).  I'd consider something around Confluence or Union Station if I worked downtown and had to be walkable to work.  However those areas aren't cheap.
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 3:17:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Then I'd recommend starting with his work address and finding what looks walkable from there. If he's going to be working downtown I'd recommend avoiding the Denver Rescue Mission area (tons of urban campers).  I'd consider something around Confluence or Union Station if I worked downtown and had to be walkable to work.  However those areas aren't cheap.
View Quote

Thank you. He has been told downtown will be among the work sites, but is not a definite. I'll be back.

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 7:39:57 PM EDT
[#5]
There's a school for the blind at the south end of the old Stapleton runway. That area is better suited for someone with that particular disability than most as the neighborhood is used to it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 10:39:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
There's a school for the blind at the south end of the old Stapleton runway. That area is better suited for someone with that particular disability than most as the neighborhood is used to it.
View Quote

That is uniquely good to know. Blind people do prefer each others company.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top