Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2022 9:58:52 PM EDT
Hey all, my Heat is not working on my house, and probably time to put a new A/C - Heat unit on the house.  It is a roof mount system, currently have trane, it is about 20 years old, so it has served me well.  Anyone have a recommendation?
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 9:09:10 AM EDT
[#1]
https://www.relianceac.com/

Small Trane shop with good service.
My AC died in August and they had it replaced the next day.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 1:29:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Acu heat and cool 602-757-7695 exellent work and reasonable prices.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 3:04:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Alien Air (Really their name).  602-824-9494
Alien Air's Website

They have kept our 2005 vintage Payne Day & Night rooftop heat pump going strong ever since the one man shop that installed it retired.  We found Alien Air through a home audit referral that SRP was running and have used them ever since.  

They've got everything right the first time and are decently priced and they clean up after themselves.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 6:01:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks all!   I got a couple of quotes from Reliance, Alien, and then a few others.  Went with Sun Devil A/C, they were recommended by a couple of friends, had a great warranty and service program, and were $2000 less than the other quotes.  Less overhead, I assume, family owned business.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 6:03:01 PM EDT
[#5]
What brand did you get ?
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 6:04:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What brand did you get ?
View Quote
Going with Trane, I have a Trane currently, been very happy with it.  They do both Trane and Carrier (Comfort Air).  Got a quote for a Lennox as well, it was substantially more.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 6:37:48 PM EDT
[#7]
About how much whole unit install run.I need to do mine too real soon.Its a 17 year old ducane that just has a chitty install and its been having troubles lately too.Barely keep house at 83 in summer running 17hrs a day lot of leakage at the top from wrong fitting elbow too

we got a quote a while back 5 ton 14 seer for 7800 i think.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 7:18:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
About how much whole unit install run.I need to do mine too real soon.Its a 17 year old ducane that just has a chitty install and its been having troubles lately too.Barely keep house at 83 in summer running 17hrs a day lot of leakage at the top from wrong fitting elbow too

we got a quote a while back 5 ton 14 seer for 7800 i think.
View Quote
$6900 out the door for a 4 ton 14.5 seer.  That is new frame, roof connector, return vent upgrade, electrical connection.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top