Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2023 11:15:52 AM EDT
Bill Clinton was advised not to include the AWB in the crime bill but he push for it.  The results were the loss of 53 Democrat seats in the house.  I'm hopeful that the over reach of the state democrats will have a similar result in WA.  Maybe the people will  pay attention to what has been going on in Olympia and vote the  people out that have brought our state to its lowest level in history, once the truth of the state AWB is exposed.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 11:48:29 AM EDT
[#1]
That took a coordinated campaign by the NRA. Do you see the NRA being active in WA?
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 11:51:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Was just thinking about this the other day as the shit storm is upon us here in WA.  Clinton was very clear that the AWB he helped put in place was the biggest mistake of his career and called it the "3rd rail" of politics.  I think this is largely why Obammy never really rocked the boat over gun control in the 8 years of his presidency.

Unfortunately, we now live in an era of "Idiocracy"...  Pretty sure I don't need to list all the Things. lol.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 12:23:08 PM EDT
[#3]
People didn't seem to give two shits about 1639, 594, or the mag ban. IMO, nothing short of an asteroid is going to change this state
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 12:23:12 PM EDT
[#4]
lol

The tards in this state will be racing to vote for more of this at the very next opportunity.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 12:24:44 PM EDT
[#5]
There were a lot of factors in that election. The AWB was of minor importance to the voters in this country. If gun control was such a losing proposition they would not stick with it. We all need to realize that gun ownership is not a priority of the masses. We are, by owning/enjoying firearms, a marginalized community.

As much as possible we need to point out that gun control is the removal of civil rights, not gun rights. Guns have no rights, average people don’t feel sorry for guns. They see guns as the problem. In their minds no guns equal no more crime.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 3:12:29 PM EDT
[#6]
As long as we have MAIL IN VOTING we will lose every election and every initiative.
They will make sure it is close and then we will say we just have vote harder.
Mail in voting is ripe for cheating and without a real AG to investigate such things we really are pissing in the wind when voting.
I will still vote in every election but it is getting harder every election to see the reason to do so.

Link Posted: 4/14/2023 5:32:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Inslee won 57% in 2020 after destroying businesses, livelihoods, vacations, schooling and more.

That’s all you need to know about Washington today.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 6:07:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As long as we have MAIL IN VOTING we will lose every election and every initiative.
They will make sure it is close and then we will say we just have vote harder.
Mail in voting is ripe for cheating and without a real AG to investigate such things we really are pissing in the wind when voting.
I will still vote in every election but it is getting harder every election to see the reason to do so.

View Quote

I dunno. I live in Western WA and am surrounded by co-workers and neighbors who think the solution to all Seattle's obvious problems is to raise taxes and provide even more services to the homeless and who mostly have never handled a gun. I am pretty sure they all think Inslee is their guy.

We need to get more people involved in firearms ownership. That's the only way in the long run. Over on the Eastern side I guess folks could try and secede from WA, but here in King County the only real slim hope is to introduce more people to gun ownership and try and change their ignorant assumptions about guns.

ETA it's easy to hate on them but actually my neighbors are pretty decent people overall, I just can't talk politics with them. I hope I can get a few into firearms without debating the politics and maybe we can chip away at the ignorance

Link Posted: 4/15/2023 12:46:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That took a coordinated campaign by the NRA. Do you see the NRA being active in WA?
View Quote

They have had people testifying on all the bills, forget her name but I think she is the local NRA Grassroots coordinator.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 1:20:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I dunno. I live in Western WA and am surrounded by co-workers and neighbors who think the solution to all Seattle's obvious problems is to raise taxes and provide even more services to the homeless and who mostly have never handled a gun. I am pretty sure they all think Inslee is their guy.

We need to get more people involved in firearms ownership. That's the only way in the long run. Over on the Eastern side I guess folks could try and secede from WA, but here in King County the only real slim hope is to introduce more people to gun ownership and try and change their ignorant assumptions about guns.

ETA it's easy to hate on them but actually my neighbors are pretty decent people overall, I just can't talk politics with them. I hope I can get a few into firearms without debating the politics and maybe we can chip away at the ignorance

View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 6:47:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

I agree with everything you said and I also live in King County.  During the riots of 2020/2021, many of friends and family members were buying their first firearm and I gave them my opinions and even took many of them out to the range.

Now, in 2023, most of them have slipped back into their Progressive views and the support of everything that Progressives believe in, to include anti-gun laws.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 11:57:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I agree with everything you said and I also live in King County.  During the riots of 2020/2021, many of friends and family members were buying their first firearm and I gave them my opinions and even took many of them out to the range.

Now, in 2023, most of them have slipped back into their Progressive views and the support of everything that Progressives believe in, to include anti-gun laws.
View Quote

Sounds like you learned your lesson.

Progressives are like the scorpion from the scorpion and frog fable.

“I am sorry, but I couldn't resist the urge. It's in my nature."
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 2:24:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
People didn't seem to give two shits about 1639, 594, or the mag ban. IMO, nothing short of an asteroid is going to change this state
View Quote

With a mix of:
A: “I dont vote” Republicans
B:  “I’m getting the fuck out of here” Republican losses statewide
C: “I’m here from CA and I vote Blue No Matter Who” flood
And D: massive voter fraud we dont have a fucking chance.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 1:53:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Inslee won 57% in 2020 after destroying businesses, livelihoods, vacations, schooling and more.

View Quote

Just make sure that whenever one of your "friends" who voted for that asshat complains about how things are, that you firmly and indignantly tell them that THEY voted for it and it's their fault.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 4:58:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Anybody who thinks the influence of the AWB on the 1994 national election is relevant to gun control on state elections in Washington in 2023, 30 years later... I don't know how to tell you this gently, but your shits fucked up and you got your head up your ass.

This state is not the US anymore.  This is occupied territory.  Stop thinking like you can solve this if you just vote harder, you're making everybody around you dumber when you do that.

Here's a free tip: go study the messaging lanes and patterns of the DSA and radleft groups in the I5 corridor.  For 'anarchist' groups they're actually highly organized and synchronized and their entire strategy is incremental ratcheting towards their end goal, where they kill everyone they don't like and are the last ones alive so they can rebuild their fully automated luxury gay space Maoist utopia in the rubble of our country.  To do that, they have to go one step at a time, carefully synchronized, with precise timing.  You can break that shit.  Learn to use their versions of words the way they understand them, and then learn how to culture jam them and make them move out of synch and fuck up.

They're willing to send radleft ninja LARPers to burn your house down.  If you aren't willing to spray paint a wall and print some fake radleft posters, then you're really just waiting for them to come murder you.

...or you know, vote harder.  Sure.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 5:27:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Just make sure that whenever one of your "friends" who voted for that asshat complains about how things are, that you firmly and indignantly tell them that THEY voted for it and it's their fault.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They'll never accept it. Substitute cognitive dissonance for "progressive democrat". The 2 phrases are interchangeable. The fault & responsibility are always external. Zero insight.

Don't help these kinds of people. Just like drug users, they have 2 realistic options: (a) the self-inflicted pain gets so bad they face up to it, admit their culpability, & actually change, or (b) they die. Unfortunately, these types don't face their demons. They just run away from them (ie. Move to to another state). Just like some people need killin', others need dyin'. They embrace everything that would bring about their demise, so leave them to it. Don't stick your neck out. When they aren't prepared for what they've sewn, it'll just be natural selection at work. Just let it happen. Think of it as a social Prime Directive.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 10:25:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Anybody who thinks the influence of the AWB on the 1994 national election is relevant to gun control on state elections in Washington in 2023, 30 years later... I don't know how to tell you this gently, but your shits fucked up and you got your head up your ass.

This state is not the US anymore.  This is occupied territory.  Stop thinking like you can solve this if you just vote harder, you're making everybody around you dumber when you do that.

Here's a free tip: go study the messaging lanes and patterns of the DSA and radleft groups in the I5 corridor.  For 'anarchist' groups they're actually highly organized and synchronized and their entire strategy is incremental ratcheting towards their end goal, where they kill everyone they don't like and are the last ones alive so they can rebuild their fully automated luxury gay space Maoist utopia in the rubble of our country.  To do that, they have to go one step at a time, carefully synchronized, with precise timing.  You can break that shit.  Learn to use their versions of words the way they understand them, and then learn how to culture jam them and make them move out of synch and fuck up.

They're willing to send radleft ninja LARPers to burn your house down.  If you aren't willing to spray paint a wall and print some fake radleft posters, then you're really just waiting for them to come murder you.

...or you know, vote harder.  Sure.
View Quote

I do not think Washington voters would object if Olympia voted to imprison gun owners in "re-education camps".

Sadly, a lot of gun owners would not even bother to vote on this.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:06:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Sounds like you learned your lesson.

Progressives are like the scorpion from the scorpion and frog fable.

“I am sorry, but I couldn't resist the urge. It's in my nature."
View Quote

Yep. When ammo prices started going up and shelves were empty in 2020 I had a guy at work ask me if he could buy some ammo off me. Unfortunately for him I had overheard him talking politics before that day.
I don’t help people that vote democrat under any circumstances. Fuck ‘em.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 4:43:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yep. When ammo prices started going up and shelves were empty in 2020 I had a guy at work ask me if he could buy some ammo off me. Unfortunately for him I had overheard him talking politics before that day.
I don’t help people that vote democrat under any circumstances. Fuck ‘em.
View Quote

Convert them.. I have converted a few people from voting Democrat, opening their eyes on how they are really liberals in disguise. Funny thing now they are now more in the middle depending on the issue. If we can convert enough of them we can change the landscape. Not sure if we change this to a red state.. but one person at a time there is a chance. Slow process.. this is one of the game plays the left does.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 12:13:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Convert them.. I have converted a few people from voting Democrat, opening their eyes on how they are really liberals in disguise. Funny thing now they are now more in the middle depending on the issue. If we can convert enough of them we can change the landscape. Not sure if we change this to a red state.. but one person at a time there is a chance. Slow process.. this is one of the game plays the left does.
View Quote
My experience is conversion only works on those in the middle or almost there already. The further left the harder and longer it takes. Hard lefties? Fuggit about it. I use to be in a career field that was leftie dominated. Even the few gun owners there would STILL vote dim and their gun ownership was FUDD at best.

Its really a numbers game when it comes to state politics. Even the dims undertsand that and its why they try to get people to relocate to red held rural states to get them purple. The numbers dont lie. Every single population center in the country (by county) is blue. Every. Fucking. One. You can amost match it to a nighttime Satellite pic of the country by the city lights. Close and dense population breeds liberalism.

Our only hope right now is Bruen and judge Benetiz.

If things dont change here in Wa within the 15yrs I have left till retirement, Im leaving. Literally clocking out and walking to my uhaul truck in the parking lot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top