Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2020 10:39:16 PM EDT
Any body been to a 6 shooter show how was it?
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 1:42:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Any body been to a 6 shooter show how was it?
View Quote
Went to one the other weekend that popped up at the NG armory in Statesville.  It was small but I enjoyed it and will be going again. Well worth the 5$ entry fee. One vendor had very good prices on powder and primers, saw another that had a pre xtr 9422 for $550(should have bought it).

@JosephTurrisi
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 7:41:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I swore off gun shows years ago, but see there is a six shooters show in Salisbury next month. I'll take the short drive and pay $5.00 to get in if there are decent prices on reloading supplies...

Any idea how many tables to expect at this show?
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 10:39:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I swore off gun shows years ago, but see there is a six shooters show in Salisbury next month. I'll take the short drive and pay $5.00 to get in if there are decent prices on reloading supplies...

Any idea how many tables to expect at this show?
View Quote
Idk where the venue is for the Salisbury show, but the Statesville show was in the NG armory & compared to the Hickory C&E show it was rather small. I’d say a 1/5th of the size. Just a wild ass guess I’d say there were around 16-22 tables.  They also did a raffle for a shotgun (the $5 entry fee went towards this).

The guy with the reloading supplies (mostly powder and primers) was a good bit cheaper than any of the stores I frequent around here. He literally had online prices for the things I was interested in.  Not sure why I didn’t grab a card off of him
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 8:18:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I went to the one in Winston & while it was much smaller than C&E and the Greensboro show, they advertise their shows a whole lot more.

If I was a dealer, I’d strongly look towards being at a 6-shooters show.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 11:02:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Like I mentioned before, It has been many years since I've been to a gun show. Dumb question: is concealed carry allowed at these shows?
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 11:29:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 11:55:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
From their home page:

NO LOADED GUN IN THE SHOW. ALL GUN LAWS APPLY

None of the gun shows I’ve ever been to in NC allow for loaded firearms inside.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Like I mentioned before, It has been many years since I've been to a gun show. Dumb question: is concealed carry allowed at these shows?
From their home page:

Honestly I’m not sure how they would know. At the 6 shooters show I went to there was no security or metal detector.  I pretty much always have a p32 on me as long as where I’m going isn’t screening.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 12:32:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

From their home page:

View Quote
Thanks. I missed that because I went directly to their schedule page.

Also from their home page, before the "No Loaded Guns" message: DON'T BE A VICTIM, BE AWARE,  & ALWAYS CARRY A GUN!!

Mixed message much? LOL
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 1:53:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Thanks. I missed that because I went directly to their schedule page.

Also from their home page, before the "No Loaded Guns" message: DON'T BE A VICTIM, BE AWARE,  & ALWAYS CARRY A GUN!!

Mixed message much? LOL
View Quote
I cut them slack on this. Insurance is a bitch and too many gun folks are safety ignorant.

I almost went off on my girlfriend's preacher when he cleared his pistol while aiming it at me...
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 2:30:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Is this the same group that's doing the show in Mooresville  at the NG armory this weekend?
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 3:57:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Is this the same group that's doing the show in Mooresville  at the NG armory this weekend?
View Quote
Yes
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 5:42:07 PM EDT
[#12]
We went to the show in Mooresville

I like gun shows, so I'm biased, I enjoyed it.  It was in a small venue (Armory) and the only thing that bothered me was parking was a pain

I'd rather spend $5 to get into their shows that $10 to get in a C&E show

I'll be at the others they are putting on
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 8:34:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
We went to the show in Mooresville

I like gun shows, so I'm biased, I enjoyed it.  It was in a small venue (Armory) and the only thing that bothered me was parking was a pain

I'd rather spend $5 to get into their shows that $10 to get in a C&E show

I'll be at the others they are putting on
View Quote
Same here
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 7:04:47 PM EDT
[#14]
What was the "demographics" (fudd guns, EBRs, C&Rs, Beef Jerky, mil-surplus gear/stuff, ammo, reloading stuff, etc) of the show like?  I missed this one due to having to travel for work, and I've not been to a gun show in probably close to 8 years.  Saw the signs and felt the itch to go, but gotta do "grown up" stuff first.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 7:40:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
What was the "demographics" (fudd guns, EBRs, C&Rs, Beef Jerky, mil-surplus gear/stuff, ammo, reloading stuff, etc) of the show like?  I missed this one due to having to travel for work, and I've not been to a gun show in probably close to 8 years.  Saw the signs and felt the itch to go, but gotta do "grown up" stuff first.
View Quote
Basically no different than a  c&e show other than the size, it wasn’t as crowded and it’s cheaper entry.  I think that being less crowded resulted in a better attitude from the fudds. A much better experience IMHO.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 7:45:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Basically no different than a  c&e show other than the size, it wasn't as crowded and it's cheaper entry.  I think that being less crowded resulted in a better attitude from the fudds. A much better experience IMHO.
View Quote
What's a C&E show in the area like then?  I've not been to one of those either.  The last gunshow I went to in NC was 2010 or 2011 in Raleigh.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 8:05:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 9:02:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Here's a short review of the 6 Shooters show (in Mooresville) from a local forum. Pay attention to cubrock's comments...he's a dealer (mainly older firearms) at shows all over the state almost every weekend. click here
View Quote
Sounds like a good show.  BTW @BigWaylon how is that forum?  Was wondering if there was a good local forum/group to join here.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 9:29:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 9:41:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Come join us to get some local info.
View Quote
Done

I did come across those two other forums, saw the typical format of that company and immediately struck them from the list.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 3:05:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
What's a C&E show in the area like then?  I've not been to one of those either.  The last gunshow I went to in NC was 2010 or 2011 in Raleigh.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Basically no different than a  c&e show other than the size, it wasn't as crowded and it's cheaper entry.  I think that being less crowded resulted in a better attitude from the fudds. A much better experience IMHO.
Crowded and wreak of beef jerky and BO. The crowd tends to make people rude as well IMHO.  I go to the one in Hickory on occasion, but more often than not I’ve got better things to do.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 8:11:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Do they ever come to Hickory? If I would of know about them coming to Statesville, I would of gone.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 9:14:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Do they ever come to Hickory? If I would of know about them coming to Statesville, I would of gone.
View Quote
Here is their list of shows through June of this year.

ETA: I work in downtown statesville Monday through Friday. I wouldn’t have known about the show if I hadn’t been driving through town on Saturday and saw the dozen signs they put up at the 11th hour.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top