User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2019 8:13:57 AM EDT

Monster Storm Approaches

...well, NOAA has been wrong before...

At any rate, STAY SAFE!
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 10:46:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Wayertown, on national news about storm.
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 12:11:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Been snowing here since overnight on Tuesday. I have about 15" at my house. The wind isn't helping any.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 8:34:00 AM EDT
[#3]
As usual, they overestimated. Maybe it drums up business for forecasting, I don't know. I'd say we got probably 12". It's hard to judge because the wind has been blowing it so much. LOTS of drifting.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 2:25:17 PM EDT
[#4]
We have the sun shining now. Our snow event is over.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 9:26:59 PM EDT
[#5]
16” in the central hills. The layer of ice was a bonus
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 9:26:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Melted like a mofo today.
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 7:24:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Motorcycle season is just around the corner!
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 4:15:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's always motorcycle season for me. I ride all year round road conditions permitting.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 4:16:42 PM EDT
[#9]
we had 20" of snow on April 13. on April 20 it was 92 deg.... Welcome to South Dakota!
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 9:11:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 7:18:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
snow again today wtaf
View Quote
At least it didn't last?
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 9:51:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Forecast is for 3-5 inches of snow in Rapid on Tuesday. Will this damn winter ever end?
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 9:30:44 AM EDT
[#13]
This spring broke me... I am leaving this god-forsaken state when I retire! Only about 20 years to go! ha!
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 9:56:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This spring broke me... I am leaving this god-forsaken state when I retire! Only about 20 years to go! ha!
View Quote
If all goes right the wife and I are out of here in less than 2 years.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 7:23:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wha???!!! You guys are crazy! Where else can be better than South Dakota? I've got a little over four years until retirement and then our plan is to move out to the Hills.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 11:01:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 6:17:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Wha???!!! You guys are crazy! Where else can be better than South Dakota? I've got a little over four years until retirement and then our plan is to move out to the Hills.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Hills are the best place to live in SD but I have extreme asthma (read as can't breath without drugs) and it is recommended I go live in a dryer climate. PLUS I was forced to move here by the wife to raise kids. That part is done so now we get to live where I want.  AND I hate the cold. Always have and always will.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 7:31:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The Hills are the best place to live in SD but I have extreme asthma (read as can't breath without drugs) and it is recommended I go live in a dryer climate. PLUS I was forced to move here by the wife to raise kids. That part is done so now we get to live where I want.  AND I hate the cold. Always have and always will.
View Quote
Yeah, I can't blame you there. I hate the cold too, which is why we're moving to the Hills. MUCH milder winters than the open prairie.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 8:56:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yeah, I can't blame you there. I hate the cold too, which is why we're moving to the Hills. MUCH milder winters than the open prairie.
View Quote
Not always but it isn't as humid as you know so it feels warmer.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 10:56:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
It is suppose to snow in the Hills early next week... that is May 6-7th. They could see snow again in September/October. That gives you roughly 4-5 Months of no snow.... Enjoy the Kommiefornians!
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 1:29:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It is suppose to snow in the Hills early next week... that is May 6-7th. They could see snow again in September/October. That gives you roughly 4-5 Months of no snow.... Enjoy the Kommiefornians!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We can get snow up until Memorial Day. They don't last usually. The tourists are already here by the way.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 7:22:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

MILDER, as in not nearly as butt-ass cold as East River. And, Black Hills snows don't usually last as long. Snow one day and 70 degrees the next.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 6:45:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Wife says it's snowing. I wouldn't know as I am hiding in the basement.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top