Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2018 5:46:00 PM EDT
Hey fellas,

I went through the TN ranges and didn't find what I was looking for. I'm trying to locate a nice outdoor range in the West TN tri-state area that is open 24/7. Now that I'll get to spend more time in TN I'd like to do more night shooting and hunting. Any ranges that would allow this? I'd pay for a membership.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 9:04:57 PM EDT
[#1]
No range in TN is open 24/7, public or private.

TWRA ranges close at dusk or shortly before, public non-staffed ranges close at dark. Private ranges set their own hours but most (if not all) follow the same schedule. They want to be considerate of their neighbors who don't want gun fire at 2-3am.

Not real sure, but perhaps the only way you can legally night shoot on public land is to go coon hunting where that's legal? Someone will come along to correct me if that's wrong.

You could always cruise the projects in Memphis or Jackson late at night if you feel the urge for night training............  
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 9:31:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No range in TN is open 24/7, public or private.

TWRA ranges close at dusk or shortly before, public non-staffed ranges close at dark. Private ranges set their own hours but most (if not all) follow the same schedule. They want to be considerate of their neighbors who don't want gun fire at 2-3am.

Not real sure, but perhaps the only way you can legally night shoot on public land is to go coon hunting where that's legal? Someone will come along to correct me if that's wrong.

You could always cruise the projects in Memphis or Jackson late at night if you feel the urge for night training............  
View Quote
Thanks for the reply. I have a friend with some land in MS that we go to every now and then, but it would be nice to find a place I could go to any time I wanted.

I'm far enough east of Memphis to be away from most of that junk but close enough to know to stay the hell out! They have been spreading recently though.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 1:37:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I have two rifle ranges and one pistol range on my property.  The only way I'd let someone shoot after normal hours would be if their guns were suppressed.

IMO, it would be extremely rude to start shooting unsuppressed after dark, much less after midnight.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 11:18:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have two rifle ranges and one pistol range on my property.  The only way I'd let someone shoot after normal hours would be if their guns were suppressed.

IMO, it would be extremely rude to start shooting unsuppressed after dark, much less after midnight.
View Quote
All suppressed.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 6:48:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

All suppressed.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 8:01:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Last I heard only ranges that allow shooting after dark are military, police, and REALLY private.

I really wish there was because I have a couple of IR lasers I want to zero.  A lot easier to do it at night with NVG.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 11:54:25 PM EDT
[#7]
You might contact K&M Precision Rifle Training here. They are out in the middle of nowhere. They have had night shooting classes, and are geared toward tactical shooting. They ain't cheap though. I am a member. Good luck.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 1:22:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Strategic Edge stayed open until 8pm, which is full darkness during much of the year. Get your name on the waiting list because they accept new members in June.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top