Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2022 9:06:49 PM EDT
We all say drain the swamp. Get ride of the Rino's. Nobody says how to do it , who they are and who to replace them with. The only time that can happen is in a primary election. By the time November rolls around you will have two choices and one of those choices will be a democrat. If you don't like who the other choice is, you're screwed. Well some of the voters in northern Kentucky figured out how to "drain the swamp" and they got rid of three long time Republican Representatives. All three of these losers were committee chairs. Ed Massey was chair of the House Judiciary Committee, which is often the first stop for any gun bill to pass the House. That Committee has not been very gun-friendly of late.  This is potentially a big deal. Who will be the new Chair of these three committees? You can read the whole story here: https://www.kentucky.com/news/politics-government/article261731162.html
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 10:30:13 PM EDT
[#1]
They are calling themselves the Liberty Movement and they kicked some butt this past election.  They didn't get all the seats they were after but they did have a big impact in northern KY.

I suspect the senior Republican leadership will insert new chairs that are loyal to the swamp agenda.  I don't see much changing until the few in the senior leadership positions get replaced, which isn't likely but not completely impossible.  For as dumb as people say AOC is, she unseated a 20 year veteran 4th in line of power senior Democrat.  If she can manage that at the national level then we should be able to do that at the state level.  Of course gun owners need to get out and vote in the primary for that to happen.

BTW, the Liberty Movement has been pushing for Savannah Maddox to run for Governor.  On June 6th she is going to make her formal announcement that she is running.  I've heard that Mitch McConnell's hand picked protg our AG Daniel Cameron is also going to run.  Ryan Quarles officially kicks off his campaign tomorrow, 6/1/2022, at 2pm at the Scott County court house.  All three people have some strong conservative principles.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 10:52:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They are calling themselves the Liberty Movement and they kicked some butt this past election.  They didn't get all the seats they were after but they did have a big impact in northern KY.

I suspect the senior Republican leadership will insert new chairs that are loyal to the swamp agenda.  I don't see much changing until the few in the senior leadership positions get replaced, which isn't likely but not completely impossible.  For as dumb as people say AOC is, she unseated a 20 year veteran 4th in line of power senior Democrat.  If she can manage that at the national level then we should be able to do that at the state level.  Of course gun owners need to get out and vote in the primary for that to happen.

BTW, the Liberty Movement has been pushing for Savannah Maddox to run for Governor.  On June 6th she is going to make her formal announcement that she is running.  I've heard that Mitch McConnell's hand picked protg our AG Daniel Cameron is also going to run.  Ryan Quarles officially kicks off his campaign tomorrow, 6/1/2022, at 2pm at the Scott County court house.  All three people have some strong conservative principles.
View Quote

@SWIRE - don't forget, leadership POSITIONS are up for re-election as well.  I think we'll see a change in one or both chambers of some.  The Body has to vote... the Body has changed.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 12:29:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

@SWIRE - don't forget, leadership POSITIONS are up for re-election as well.  I think we'll see a change in one or both chambers of some.  The Body has to vote... the Body has changed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We can hope.  However, the saying "if you take a shot at the king you best not miss" still applies.  The senior leadership has a strong loyal following and strong connection to the major donors.  Anyone that tries to take them out and doesn't succeed will be sidelined going forward.  Rep. Robert Goforth is a good example.  He submitted a pro-gun bill but then challenged Matt Bevin in the primary.  When I contacted several other legislators I know the response was "all his bills are dead and will never move".  All because he dared to challenge a person in power.  That was all before his scandal broke.  

Link Posted: 6/1/2022 5:01:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

We can hope.  However, the saying "if you take a shot at the king you best not miss" still applies.  The senior leadership has a strong loyal following and strong connection to the major donors.  Anyone that tries to take them out and doesn't succeed will be sidelined going forward.  Rep. Robert Goforth is a good example.  He submitted a pro-gun bill but then challenged Matt Bevin in the primary.  When I contacted several other legislators I know the response was "all his bills are dead and will never move".  All because he dared to challenge a person in power.  That was all before his scandal broke.  
View Quote

I agree but also feel it necessary to point out his "scandal(s)" was multiple and they even continue now. I felt compelled to stop in at Rep. Goforth's office when he was first elected and I had several conversations with him. He always agreed with me on my issues but I never felt comfortable with him. I'd align myself with the "devil" if he would deliver the legislation I want, but I never thought that Rep. Goforth was going to deliver anything. He never instilled any confidence in me. I never expected him to self-destruct as completely as he has managed to do but I never expected him to be much help to me, either. I think he was lost long before he ran against Bevin. The man was noticeably unstable.
The point that I wanted to make but never got around to is that primary elections and low turnout is the time and place to drain the swamp. A few votes can cause big swings in a primary election. Sometimes the winner is decided by just a few votes. We missed the opportunity this year.

Link Posted: 7/29/2022 4:05:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

I wouldn't trust ANYONE Cocaine Mitch picks or endorses.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top