Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2019 8:10:52 PM EDT
Is how long it took me to get my pistol permits with the new online system. That must be a state record lmao. I know its BS we gotta do all that in the first place but it took me 5m to fill out online and got them in 11 days. It’s a step in the right direction i suppose.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 8:37:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Glad the system is more efficient. They mail them to you or you pick them up from your local PD?
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 9:54:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Gotta pick them up. Pretty sure everyone has to bc you still need to sign them. Unfortunately i cant even get them for a few more weeks bc im out of country but its nice knowing they will be waiting for me.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 9:09:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I haven't been following NJ laws that closely since I've been out for a few years now. So can people now apply for their initial FPID and/or pistol permits completely online (aside from fingerprinting of course)?
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 3:19:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I haven't been following NJ laws that closely since I've been out for a few years now. So can people now apply for their initial FPID and/or pistol permits completely online (aside from fingerprinting of course)?
View Quote
Yeah pretty much and all references are emailed. Some PD’s arent online yet but should be soon. Some are online but want the mental health form done in person. Mine just did everything online in 1 shot.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 5:01:25 PM EDT
[#5]
While certainly not ideal, this is definitely infinitely better than the paper system. The PD's feet were finally held to the fire and they fixed the bottleneck, they never would have otherwise. I haven't yet filed online, but when I think of all the hassles I went through with my previous paperwork, 11 days is a miracle. The funny part is the municipalities used to always scream that it was the staties that were the bottleneck, when in all reality taking the municipality out of the loop fixed the glitch. NJ still sucks, but at least it sucks ever so slightly less. Thanks for the updates.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 6:04:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
While certainly not ideal, this is definitely infinitely better than the paper system. The PD's feet were finally held to the fire and they fixed the bottleneck, they never would have otherwise. I haven't yet filed online, but when I think of all the hassles I went through with my previous paperwork, 11 days is a miracle. The funny part is the municipalities used to always scream that it was the staties that were the bottleneck, when in all reality taking the municipality out of the loop fixed the glitch. NJ still sucks, but at least it sucks ever so slightly less. Thanks for the updates.
View Quote
No problem. Also disclaimer: Mine took 11 days but other PD’s might be longer bc i have a buddy who put his in 2 weeks before mine and hasnt heard anything yet
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 10:25:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top