[#1]
WOOO HOOOO!
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 6:43:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Brian Hagedorn is a turncoat piece of shit
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 6:45:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Just saw the headline!!

That means that people can actually celebrate Memorial Day.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 6:47:27 PM EDT
[#4]
For reference:
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 6:52:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Didn't take long for the fucks at ACLU to come out with a statement calling this a racist decision.  Gotta always play the race card on conservatives.

and further endangering people of color and members of other vulnerable communities who already faced the greatest risk from this virus.
View Quote

Linky to somewhat biased news source
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 7:03:32 PM EDT
[#6]
try not painting with such a broad brush~ussrangersm
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 7:07:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Where do you get "takes effect in 7 days?"
I read it to mean immediately.

ALSO:  everyone contact your state reps and local/county to make sure they don't put new orders in place.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 7:59:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Supreme court  has ruled.
4-3 Vote
Takes effect in 7 days
View Quote

Sounds like the extension was requested and denied.  Bars and businesses are opening here in SE Wisconsin.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 8:01:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TrainSafe:
Didn't take long for the fucks at ACLU to come out with a statement calling this a racist decision.  Gotta always play the race card on conservatives.

Linky to somewhat biased news source
View Quote

They can stay home then.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 8:55:54 PM EDT
[#10]
The stay was requested by the legislature, but denied by the supreme court. Effective immediately!
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 9:00:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 9:00:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Supreme court  has ruled.
4-3 Vote
Takes effect in 7 days
View Quote

Wife says immediately, I've been drinking so I'm taking her word for it
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 1:08:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Hopefully the legislature doesn't get together with the Governor to pass some sort of new rules. I'm skeptical that they won't.

Hopefully any local lockdowns will also be overturned. The court's ruling said that only the sick and those believed to be sick could be quarantined and that the right to travel could not be denied.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 1:17:09 AM EDT
[#14]
the bars didn't take very long to fill up. this is near me

Link Posted: 5/14/2020 1:18:25 AM EDT
[#15]
From the news article posted I believe this is the relevant bit regarding the 7 day wait.

"The ruling doesn’t mean that Evers’ order is immediately void. Republicans had sought a temporary injunction to block the extension, with a six-day stay to give state health officials time to go through the rule-making process. The court, controlled 5-2 by conservative justices, granted the injunction and the six-day stay. The order will remain in effect until May 20."

I thought it was overlooked even when first filed that the legislature placed it in there.

I know my local and county tyrants will come up with new rules to keep us peons in line and at home. Wouldn't be surprised to see them post by noon we must stay home bs some more.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 2:22:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By ryandushku:
Brian Hagedorn is turncoat piece of shit
View Quote

When I saw 4-3...  I knew someone rolled.  

How in the hell could Hagedorn possibly agree that an order issued by an un-elected bureaucrat, had the Constitutional weight to shut down businesses across an entire state?  

Link Posted: 5/14/2020 3:14:31 AM EDT
[#17]
The best thing we can do now is start calling and emailing our state Rep and state senators.  Calling and emailing evers will be great to.   It will let him know how unpopular his ideas are.

Put the pressure on and keep it on!
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 6:02:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Ogive:

When I saw 4-3...  I knew someone rolled.  

How in the hell could Hagedorn possibly agree that an order issued by an un-elected bureaucrat, had the Constitutional weight to shut down businesses across an entire state?  

View Quote

Its called " administrative Law"
It goes on quite often. Unelected official redefines something,  no challenge , Bingo-New Law....
research Wisconsin DOT and historic military vehicles.
It was about a 5 year battle after one single asshole punk piece of shit bicycle loving fuck in the dot declaired,  if a vehicle didn't have a Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (“FMVSS”) certification sticker  . It was off road only.. he had Wisconsin registrations  revoked of former military vehicles. Thank God one man liked his Army truck and  began the fight.
Or administrative law would have opened the door for revoking registration on any vehicle made pre 1969.

Link Posted: 5/14/2020 7:36:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Tazaroo:

The "minorities" can stay home then.
View Quote

My thoughts exactly!

The supreme court ruling didn't make everyone go outside and cough in each others' faces. It declared the govt didn't have the authority to make it mandatory to close businesses and people must stay home except for essential travel. They can "advise" that, strongly... but cannot fine people who don't take the advice. If they're afraid of it, are "at risk", they can still stay safe at home. Freedom of choice. As simple as that.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 7:58:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Our county health douche signed an order to continue the safer at home crap until the 20th for now.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 9:06:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Tazaroo:
The "minorities" can stay home then.
View Quote

Am I a minority if I still own a Colt carbine?

Link Posted: 5/14/2020 10:01:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Justice Kelly takes the wood to Justice Hagedorn calling him out for insulting the other justices, footnote 11 in Kelly's concurrence:
Justice Hagedorn suggests that somehow it is ironic that we  should  pay  attention  to  the  constitutionally-mandated demarcation  between  the  legislative  and  executive  branches.Justice Hagedorn's dissent, ¶252.  Apparently, in his view, there is to be no policing of this boundary unless we are prepared to dismantle the entire administrative state.  He condescends that "[i]f  we  are  going  to  have  a  serious  discussion  about  the separation of powers and its relationship to the administrative state,  I  welcome  that  conversation,"  insinuating  that  our reasoning  is  a  species  of  "it's  good  for  me  but  not  for  thee" rationalizing.   Id.Justice  Hagedorn  doesn't  provide  any justification for this insult, and there appears to be none.  As for   the   "serious   discussion   about   the   separation   of powers"...the invitation to that conversation was included in our oath  of  office,  wherein  we  swore  to  uphold  the  Wisconsin Constitution.He's free to join in anytime he wishes.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 10:27:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 10:49:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By 6SJ7GT:
Justice Kelly takes the wood to Justice Hagedorn calling him out for insulting the other justices, footnote 11 in Kelly's concurrence:
View Quote

Holy crap.  Somebody call the ambulance. He put the torch to Judge Hagedorn, and set it to 'broil'.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 10:59:37 AM EDT
[#25]
How can County officials enforce something that the Supreme Court ruled the State can't?
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 11:04:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Holy crap.  Somebody call the ambulance. He put the torch to Judge Hagedorn, and set it to 'broil'.
View Quote
Rebecca Bradley lit into him too

Fuck Hagedorn. I fought for that MF'er
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 11:13:06 AM EDT
[#27]
And Kelly is going to be replaced by that commie twit at the end of Jul.?  So was Hagedorn a sleeper?  I hope this is just a miscue and not a glimpse of things to come.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 11:35:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By kapusta:
How can County officials enforce something that the Supreme Court ruled the State can't?
View Quote

They aren’t.

The state has specific rules to follow for declaring lock down style orders.  Counties and municipalities are not subject to those rules and may do their own thing.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 2:19:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
the bars didn't take very long to fill up. this is near me

View Quote
lol the replies.

I don't understand how people think we're going to get passed this pandemic without acquired immunity, and how we're going to reach acquired immunity without public interaction.  There are no RNA vaccines approved for human use.  There will be no vaccine for Wuflu in the foreseeable future.  The only thing the shutdown does is delay the inevitable.  Not only are they unsustainable, they're not even desirable.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 2:28:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
lol the replies.

I don't understand how people think we're going to get passed this pandemic without acquired immunity, and how we're going to reach acquired immunity without public interaction.  There are no RNA vaccines approved for human use.  There will be no vaccine for Wuflu in the foreseeable future.  The only thing the shutdown does is delay the inevitable.  Not only are they unsustainable, they're not even desirable.
View Quote
Some of these people would literally live in a hole in the ground if told to. It's pathetic

But we all know it's not about the virus anymore
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 2:39:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Some of these people would literally live in a hole in the ground if told to. It's pathetic

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol the replies.

I agree when it comes to actions by politicians that's the case.  I don't think it's the case with the people complaining about that bar opening.  I think they truly believe that if we all just follow these stay at home guidelines that eventually the virus will just go away or something.  Which ignores the 70% of us who are still working and going about our business, assuring that some transfer of the virus will continue regardless.

Reducing the rate of transfer serves no purpose if we now know there's no danger of overwhelming our medical capacity.  

I get sick of hearing how stay at home has "saved lives."  It hasn't saved anyone.  It's only extended them a little bit.  They're still vulnerable, and the virus is still here.  The only way to save those lives is for enough of us to acquire immunity that the virus has no where else to go.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 2:42:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By ryandushku:
Some of these people would literally live in a hole in the ground if told to. It's pathetic 

But we all know it's not about the virus anymore 
View Quote

It's truly amazing to me how many people want the gov to tell them every move to make.....  People that I would have never suspected.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 2:49:01 PM EDT
[#33]
As some have already alluded to, it's not like anyone is forcing you into a crowded restaurant. Stay home if the flu is going to kill you. If we hide inside any longer, our immune systems are going to be shot.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 3:14:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I agree when it comes to actions by politicians that's the case.  I don't think it's the case with the people complaining about that bar opening.  I think they truly believe that if we all just follow these stay at home guidelines that eventually the virus will just go away or something.  Which ignores the 70% of us who are still working and going about our business, assuring that some transfer of the virus will continue regardless.

Reducing the rate of transfer serves no purpose if we now know there's no danger of overwhelming our medical capacity.  

I get sick of hearing how stay at home has "saved lives."  It hasn't saved anyone.  It's only extended them a little bit.  They're still vulnerable, and the virus is still here.  The only way to save those lives is for enough of us to acquire immunity that the virus has no where else to go.
View Quote
I agree with everything you wrote
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 3:25:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

It's truly amazing to me how many people want the gov to tell them every move to make.....  People that I would have never suspected.
View Quote
It's certainly been interesting to see who the sheep are and aren't. Surprising indeed. Some "liberals" I know were less receptive to the chains than many (hell, most) "conservatives" and "libertarians" I know.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 6:16:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Looks like both Brown and Door counties have put their own continuations into place.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 6:21:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By kapusta:
How can County officials enforce something that the Supreme Court ruled the State can't?
View Quote

I suspect that authority is actually invested in county level health departments, not the state level.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 8:44:00 PM EDT
[#38]
The only areas that are hot spots, are the same neighborhoods were all the litterbugs live. Coincidence?
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 4:40:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Looks like tokin Tony is up to more fuckery.
According to Evers we were already through the "boxing in" phase and starting to open up. Note the doublespeak in the 2nd goal. Can't trust a word he says.

The agency is tasked with two goals, limiting the spread of COVID-19 to healthy Wisconsinites, i.e. the “boxing in” phase of the Badger Bounce Back plan, and reopening the business sector without jeopardizing long-term economic growth by risking a second wave of the virus.
View Quote

https://www.nbc15.com/content/news/Gov-Evers-makes-next-move-in-allowing-DHS-to-craft-new-emergency-rule---570489281.html
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 5:39:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Looks like tokin Tony is up to more fuckery.
According to Evers we were already through the "boxing in" phase and starting to open up. Note the doublespeak in the 2nd goal. Can't trust a word he says.

https://www.nbc15.com/content/news/Gov-Evers-makes-next-move-in-allowing-DHS-to-craft-new-emergency-rule---570489281.html
View Quote

Fucking scumbag
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 5:21:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Portage County:

"Our community has done a good job practicing social distancing, implementing best practices and taking
precautions to keep people safe and our number of active COVID-19 cases in check. After assessing
COVID-19 related data in Portage County and the surrounding region, the Division of Public Health along
with municipal officials and representatives from law enforcement collectively determined that Portage
County does not presently need to issue an order directing businesses and organizations how to operate."

In other news, my employer is mandating COVID-19 testing, but wants us to fill out a "consent" form. Don't consent? Burn your vacation until you run out then (presumably) find a new job. And I'm not talking antibody tests that tell if you've had it, I'm talking nasal swabs that tell if you have it only at that exact moment. Epic waste of money and resources.  
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 12:57:46 PM EDT
[#42]
According to Evers we were already through the "boxing in" phase and starting to open up. Note the doublespeak in the 2nd goal. Can't trust a word he says.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

The agency is tasked with two goals, limiting the spread of COVID-19 to healthy Wisconsinites, i.e. the “boxing in” phase of the Badger Bounce Back plan, and reopening the business sector without jeopardizing long-term economic growth by risking a second wave of the virus.

This whole thing is glaringly predictable.

The state health bureaucracy does not get to issue orders to every business in the state. It was a slam dunk of a court case. Zero question on how it was going to be decided, so long as they stuck to the law.
The court ruling did not address nor limit the state's authority to issue those orders. The case was built on the wrong procedure being followed, and that's all they decided on.

"Fine. You don't like procedure-A? Here's the same thing repackaged under procedure-B"
Zero surprises.

Diverse areas have increased infection rates. I assume that Evers is pandering for fear that anything less than a lock down might be portrayed as callous indifference to the plight of the diverse. The court decision, without further action from the governor's office, left management decisions to the county health officials. It was a liability hall-pass for Evers.

80% of the state can go about their business without issue. Locking down ONLY the hot spots is likely to cause travel to the adjacent areas that are open. I expect hot spots to bleed over any such bordering.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 4:23:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Does anybody know what exactly the proposed new rule is, and where I can go and give my input as to what I think about this rule?
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 10:10:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Wife and I went out to eat on her birthday sit down restaurant on the river...very nice.
They opened at 11AM we went at 2PM and were the first customers of the day and no one came in
while we were there...bar was empty...restaurant was empty.

Hopefully they will pick up this weekend...

We did leave our waitress a nice tip she was great...

Tues I'm going in for a haircut...
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 10:12:44 PM EDT
[#45]
I'm in Ely, MN thinking I'd sit down at the boathouse for a beer and a burger. Nope

Link Posted: 5/21/2020 10:53:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Portage County:

"Our community has done a good job practicing social distancing, implementing best practices and taking
precautions to keep people safe and our number of active COVID-19 cases in check. After assessing
COVID-19 related data in Portage County and the surrounding region, the Division of Public Health along
with municipal officials and representatives from law enforcement collectively determined that Portage
County does not presently need to issue an order directing businesses and organizations how to operate."

In other news, my employer is mandating COVID-19 testing, but wants us to fill out a "consent" form. Don't consent? Burn your vacation until you run out then (presumably) find a new job. And I'm not talking antibody tests that tell if you've had it, I'm talking nasal swabs that tell if you have it only at that exact moment. Epic waste of money and resources.  
View Quote

What are they gonna do give you nose swabs every 14 days?...whose gonna swab the swabber?
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 11:07:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 11:33:39 PM EDT
[#48]
I saw something about Dane Co staying on lockdown until a vaccination is developed. What are the odds on the Mifflin St party crowd running the county board out of town?
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 7:41:55 AM EDT
[#49]
One of the liberal dissenting judges. Rules for me not for thee
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 11:03:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Now there’s a great job

edit: Makes me think of the wiener watchers when I was in the military, They literally stared that your junk while you were filling the cup for a drug test
View Quote

Ahh yes.... ye olde whiz quiz...lol...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top