Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2022 2:16:22 PM EDT
Hi Guys,

I recently moved back to PA after living with my GF, now Wife, behind enemy lines in NJ for a short time.

We bought a House roughly an hour West of Philadelphia and i am looking for an Outdoor range were i could shoot my rifles.
Plenty of Indoor Ranges arround me but i cant seem to find something for rifle. The longer the more interesting.

Since i am an Immigrant from Germany and she is a NJ Transplant we don't know a lot of people in the Area so it would be awesome to meet some like minded folks.
I have been into Shooting before i moved to the USA but i would like to broaden my experience so ideally would be a range with membership or a club that hosts Events / Matches.

I dont mind little drive or a Membership fee or work days and generally helping out... but 2 Shooting Clubs i found online don't even have Memberships open, they just want you to submit an non refundable application fee.
Can i please come over and take a look first before i send you a check ?

My Ideal Shooting Club would be :

- no complaining about bad black rifles or "rapid fire" as long as i keep my stuff on the target.
- (semi) regular Matches or events
- greater 100yd rifle range
- pistol range
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 2:15:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Try University Rifle Club.

I'm a member at New Holland...but good luck getting in.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 11:13:34 PM EDT
[#2]
New Holland has some of the best matches in every category.

If you want to shoot out to 700 yards, there is the IWI Gas Gun Challenge Series. Its the most fun and for RECCE division all you need is an every day AR-15 and a good LPVO.

They have a great USPSA program.

The multigun matches are lit.

The also have NRA/CMP highpower matches that are very good.

Getting in is hard. I'm going to try this year.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 12:02:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome to the Commonwealth.  I don't know where "one hour west of Philadelphia" lands you, but I will second the University Rifle Club that SuperMoose mentions.  I have shot a few matches there (I am not a member) but it ticks a lot of your boxes.

If you are closer to the MD border I would recommend getting on the waiting list at Atglen Sportsmen's Club, which has a 500 yard rifle range.  They don't have rules against rapid fire and there is a member here on ARF that runs practical matches (including the use of armor and suppressors).  I was formerly a member there but frankly it was too far to drive (1.45 hours each way from my old home) so I let my membership drop.  It's a good club, I only wish it was closer to me.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 7:42:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Hi Guys,

Thank you so much for the Information,

University Rifle Club looks exactly what i am looking for and apparently is open for applications, i send them an Email and will attend the next open Orientation. Its also roughly an hour away which will work nicely for me for 1-2x a month.
I heard very good stuff about Holland but chances to get in seem to be slim and i would like to get into it without years of wait.

I am located in the Oxford Area so Atglens will be another Option to consider.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 8:13:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Atglen is a good option if you are in Oxford. They have a 2 gun match that runs once a month all year.

Eta: matches and events are all open to the public
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 5:24:00 PM EDT
[#6]
If you’re in Oxford check out Southern Chester County Sportsman’s Association as well. I think they only go out to 100 yards though.

I used to belong there before I got in to New Holland. I may join University just for somewhere else to shoot (about the same distance time wise for me).

I do go to some of the night vision shoots at University.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 5:36:17 PM EDT
[#7]
^^ Yep, SCCFSA only goes to 100 yards.  It's a nice club.

I vote for Atglen if you live in Oxford.  Not many places have a 500 yard range.  They are also a premier sporting clays facility.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top