Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 10:49:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a golf trip Labor Day weekend. Staying in Longs SC. Any recommendations for restaurants or bars?
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 12:00:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sanlanman] [#2]
Its time for a fall 2022 update on Surfside Beach and vicinity.
The new pier construction looks to be about 60% complete and city is still saying will open in 2023.  New restaurants; Pizza Hyena, Chimichanga Llama, and Gracious Pig Smokehouse have opened in Surfside near the pier. All three are decent, but I didn't care for the menu selections at Chimichanga Llama. Restuarant food prices are spiraling up, no surprise there. I am noticing more and more menu items and specials marked "Market Price" or no cost is listed, same for specialty liquor drinks. A big rum punch at Inlet Crab House was $18.00; I am at the point where I will drink my rum or bourbon back at the condo.  The Golf Cart rental place at 10th Ave south and Hwy 17 has been torn down and replaced by a DQ Grill and Chill, of all things. We ate at THE WOODEN SPOON in Surfside (very good) and at Graham's landing,  and Inlet Crab House in Murrel's Inlet, both still good, but prices going up, up, and up. We went to Calabash NC one day and ate at the THE OYSTER ROCK restuarant. IMHO Too fancy and overpriced for the food or area. I had blackened flounder that was good and plentiful, but wife got their "special" fish dish with toppings I couldn't pronounce. It was overcooked and lacked an appealing flavor (and was $42.00). Crossed them of the list; next time in Calabash we will eat at NANCES.

Lots of new housing construction going on west of business Hwy 17. The Wild Water and Wheels amusement park has been sold, and the story is that it will be torn down and replaced by "housing". Tomlinson's Sales is a usual shopping stop, but they seem to be hurting for new inventory. It all looks the same as last year. The road and turn lane changes and closures on Hwy 17 business in Surfside are complete.

Hurricane Ian did flood some of the lower elevations along the beach in Surfside and Garden City Beaches. Some cleanup was still on going. Our in-laws condo is on slightly higher ground and was unaffected. Lots of heavy equipment was moving sand back out to the beach and rebuilding dunes. Some houses had their ground levels damaged or wiped out. While we were there, a King tide was causing some minor flooding in parts of Garden City Beach. We really could not see any damage inland in that area of the strand. Pawley's Island lost their pier in the storm.

Shameless Plug update. In post #2 above I plugged my in-laws Surfside Beach rental condo. The condo is still available for rent, but they have felt compelled to change rental management companies. Old agency's crew was not cleaning the place good enought to suit the owners.
The new link to Garden City Realty is here:
Beachwalk 204 Condo in Surfside Beach.

2023 - Open weeks May through July are now discounted 10%.

HTH

Link Posted: 5/13/2023 7:35:41 PM EDT
[#3]
We will be in Surfside Beach next week. I'll try to report back with anything new or note worthy.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top