Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2024 1:01:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator]
In the 90's Dillon Park was the crown jewel of the county's park system. Not anymore.

https://wach.com/news/local/man-arrested-for-waving-stolen-gun-in-local-park#

SUMTER, S.C. (WACH) — A man is in custody and charged after he was seen waving a gun while at a local park.

According to the Sumter Police Department, 29-year-old Damien Johnson is charged with possession of a stolen weapon and possession of a firearm by a person convicted of a felony.

Sumter officers were called to Dillon Park before 4:45 pm on Tuesday after they received reports that Johnson was holding a gun and waving it around.

When officers arrived and approached Johnson, he dropped the gun.

Records indicate that the gun was stolen in another Midland city.

Johnson has been booked at the county detention center.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/24/2024 2:24:04 PM EDT
[#1]
A prohibited person with a stolen gun! It’s constitutional carrys fault! If we only had more laws criminals dont follow!
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 2:51:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By UrbancommandoX:
A prohibited person with a stolen gun! It’s constitutional carrys fault! If we only had more laws criminals dont follow!
View Quote

I was in the vicinity of that park the day this incident happened. I was checking out the prohibitive signs on the doors of Backyard Bar and Grill in order to report what I found. I had the dog with me as I'd planned on walking her afterward. For the briefest moment I considered walking her at Dillon Park as I'd not walked her there in probably 2 years but immediately dismissed it and instead walked her in the neighborhood when we got back to the house. Good move on my part.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top