User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 11:17:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Bring anything you want. We are full for the first trip but I’ll put you in the list for next time.
View Quote
Hey Muels,
put me on the list for next time.  I'd be interested in going... ;)
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 8:41:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Hey Muels,
put me on the list for next time.  I'd be interested in going... ;)
View Quote
Will do
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 9:10:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Alrighty gents!!

Me and @garbageman are supposed to be going to the ISRA range tomorrow afternoon

I’ll be testing some more 6.5 Grendel loads, checking zero on my 18” AR and testing some different recoil springs for my 1911.

Anyone needing some “pre range trip range trip” post up. I can bring 3 guests.

I’ll be there about 2pm
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 10:03:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Alrighty gents!!

Me and @garbageman are supposed to be going to the ISRA range tomorrow afternoon

I’ll be testing some more 6.5 Grendel loads, checking zero on my 18” AR and testing some different recoil springs for my 1911.

Anyone needing some “pre range trip range trip” post up. I can bring 3 guests.

I’ll be there about 2pm
View Quote
I am planning to be there between 10 and 11
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 12:30:27 AM EDT
[#5]
@Handyandy
@Doorman
@Bosman
@Efxguy

Stopped at the range and shot a bit today. May have to walk a few hundreds yards. Not sure if they will have the gate open with it being warmer and wet. Not the end of the world, i walked it today. Bring a pull cart or a dolly if you have a bunch of shit with you.

If anyone can’t go let me know as soon as you can, I’ll get the next guy in line.

We can meet at the gas station at the coal city exit at 8:50am. It’s only about a mile down the road. Any questions PM me.

(41.2887663, -88.2351893)
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 8:47:34 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm all set, from the sounds of it, I will probably leave my steel at home. Let me know if there is anything that I should bring. Thanks, Andy
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 10:00:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Should we bring any tarps/sheets to keep brass cleanup easy?

Forecast is a high of 31. I can bring a propane bottle and a “rosebud” that goes on top.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 4:13:05 PM EDT
[#8]
We don’t police brass. You are welcome to pick it up if you want to reload it. Someone will come around and pick it up at some point to reload or scrap.

You guys are welcome to bring whatever you want. Keep in mind if we gotta walk it’s about 1/4 mile. Not difficult but bringing extra extra shit may suck. It’s a dirt/gravel road that may be a little sloppy but you should be able to pull a cart or dolly.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 4:16:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm all set, from the sounds of it, I will probably leave my steel at home. Let me know if there is anything that I should bring. Thanks, Andy
View Quote
You are welcome to bring some steel. Probably just gong type with chains though. We can lug those back with a hand cart. I wouldn’t bring full stands or anything. We can hang the chains from the 2x4s that are there.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 2:41:36 PM EDT
[#10]
We got just under 5 inches down here. Snow should finish up in the next hour or so. I don’t think a dolly or hand cart will help. May want to bring a sled to pull behind you. Gonna be a long 1/4 mile walk in the snow!  I’d recommend some waterproof boots and warm clothes. Many thin layers, bulky clothes and holsters don’t mix well.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 9:44:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
We got just under 5 inches down here. Snow should finish up in the next hour or so. I don’t think a dolly or hand cart will help. May want to bring a sled to pull behind you. Gonna be a long 1/4 mile walk in the snow!  I’d recommend some waterproof boots and warm clothes. Many thin layers, bulky clothes and holsters don’t mix well.
View Quote
I’ll have to go buy a sled!!

I just got a Magnetospeed Sporter Chrono.

I’ll bring it with.  All are welcome to check velocities if they want.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 10:24:19 PM EDT
[#12]
I see a DD's on the way. I will cover us for doughnuts and coffee. Can I get a head count?
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 10:35:49 PM EDT
[#13]
6 total
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 10:53:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I see a DD's on the way. I will cover us for doughnuts and coffee. Can I get a head count?
View Quote
I want a grande half caf mocha with non fat whip
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 9:02:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Gonna grab one of these

Attachment Attached File

Anyone else want one?
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 10:03:41 AM EDT
[#16]
I’m grabbing one today at ace. That is exactly what I was thinking!
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 10:15:49 PM EDT
[#17]
I remember you being taller...
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 12:35:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Looking forward to tomorrow. I’ll meet the 4 of you at the gas station at the coordinates above at 8:50.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 12:47:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Side note:  may want to bring your carry pistol and holster. I like to do 2 -3 mags from the draw cold as soon as I get there. Don’t get to draw practice much at normal ranges.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 9:57:06 AM EDT
[#20]
I am on my way I am ahead of schedule I haven't run the coordinates yet but I'm just getting off at the Coal City exit I'll look for a gas station I don't know if there's more than one.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 10:48:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Which gas station are we talking about? I must be doing something wrong because the coordinates you gave me took me out until the middle of nowhere.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 5:09:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Great fun, thanks Muels!

Now, what to do with the left over donuts?
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 5:14:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Great fun, thanks Muels!

Now, what to do with the left over donuts?
View Quote
Do something special for them.......

Don’t want to hurt their feelings........
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 7:09:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I remembered to take a few pics. Not many though, I’m bad at taking them.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 7:16:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Thanks again, it was a great time, and great to meet you guys!
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 7:17:01 PM EDT
[#26]
2 picnic tables full of gear and still a ton of shit all over the ground. Haha.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 9:51:11 PM EDT
[#27]
I forgot to shoot photos too. Always a touchy thing to do.

And thanks for getting my good side in every shot.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:11:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I forgot to shoot photos too. Always a touchy thing to do.

And thanks for getting my good side in every shot.
View Quote
I made sure they didn’t show anyone clearly. I forgot to ask you guys.  It works out well that I suck at taking pictures, those were the only three I took!
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 7:05:23 PM EDT
[#29]
If possible add my name to the list, I'm about 30 minutes from there. looks like a great place to shoot
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:39:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Will do.  Probably try to do something in the next few weeks.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:06:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Will do.  Probably try to do something in the next few weeks.
View Quote
I was the only person at the ISRA range today for a couple hours.......it was perfect!
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 3:28:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I was the only person at the ISRA range today for a couple hours.......it was perfect!
View Quote
That's pretty rare, good deal.

I find the earlier you go, the more crowded it is. When leaving in the afternoon the pistol range is usually empty.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top