Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2020 9:01:36 AM EDT
Hi Guys.. I'm typing this for my husband.
I think it's a fantastic idea!!
RoBad
----------------------------

Hi Fellow Arfcommers Residing in the PRNJ...

I've been quite ill for the past few years and unable to make it to the range or most anywhere for that matter.

The recent unleashing of this quite aggressive virus from the CCP has led to panic buying of most of the ammo on
gun store shelves, in addition to every roll of toilet paper in the land, which has me quite concerned.  

If I had not put a small amount of ammunition aside for our
family defense bb-gun I would potentially be looking at a situation where I would not have the ability to protect my
elderly folks, my wife and daughter, myself and our home. (and Sadie the Wonderdog Shephard... lol)

My concept -->  I wonder how many Arfcom Members have firearms at home with very little or no ammo on hand
at a time when this might actually be something very much required to keep family safe and secure..??..

WHILE... Concurrently:
Many members have "spare" ammo on hand?  

- Extra Range ammo?  

- Ammo in calibers that no longer fit your current firearm(s)?

- Ammo left over from an "Ammo Oracle" photo shoot?  LOL

How about anyone with an urgent need for themselves, family and/or friends, leave a post or message or DM direct message here on AR15.com?
AND...
Anyone that can meet the need of your fellow firearm enthusiasts can leave a post or message indicating where they are located and what they have available.

The quantities which I am suggesting would be for just enough to cover essential needs...  and HOPEFULLY, not much will really be needed
(I am not suggesting that any laws or regulations be violated, even if they are completely illegal and violate the US Constitution and Bill of Rights)

THIS ALSO APPLIES TO OTHER ESSENTIAL ITEMS & SERVICES:

- Medications (that are legal to transfer) and any other items that some may have a small surplus of... and which others here have a need for.
- Food & Water (for the homebound / disabled / eldery / handicapped / etc)  Essentially.. people without the means or wherewithall to have obtained these things.

AND -->   SERVICES --->   Doctors / Dentists / Vetinarians / Electricians / Plumbers / Etc...    
If someone is suffering with an ailment not necessarily related to an actual virus infection, someone has a pipe burst, electrical problems, etc...
or even someone just to run to a local store and go shopping for the member during periods when the restrictions are loosened or end.  
(*IF* they ever end....)

The systems we have come to expect will be there for normal medical care, public safety, services and goods (ALL made overseas )

Together, we can help each other get through this with a minimum of pain and suffering and other such things.

*END*

Is there anyone that can help coordinate this?  
RBAD said to mention this as well.  Thanks !

Link Posted: 3/22/2020 8:32:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 9:37:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 1:28:46 PM EDT
[#3]
As a reloader I have all the ammo I'll ever need for the next 10 years and enough components on hand to make plenty more of what I'll need in the future.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 4:18:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Handgun ammo could be problematic, because of this:

"No person shall sell, give, transfer, assign or otherwise dispose of, or receive, purchase, or otherwise acquire handgun ammunition unless the purchaser, assignee, donee, receiver or holder is licensed as a manufacturer, wholesaler, or dealer under this chapter or is the holder of and possesses a valid firearms purchaser identification card, a valid copy of a permit to purchase a handgun, or a valid permit to carry a handgun and first exhibits such card or permit to the seller, donor, transferor or assignor."

How does one define "exhibit"?  Is an emailed photo sufficient?  Don't know...
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 9:49:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 9:23:19 AM EDT
[#6]
You had 3 + years to stock up on ammo and supplies.  People never learn !
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 10:25:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 11:13:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No matter what you do always remember OpSec. NO ONE needs to know your fucking "personal business".

View Quote

THIS 100%
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 10:52:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Was the OP just a youngster during Barry Sotero's reign and therefor unable to participate in the ammo panic buying at the time?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top