Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 2:41:38 PM EDT
[#1]
[CORRECTION!]  I WILL BE COMMING TO THE HUN SHOOT!  DRIVING UP WED!  Spending the night and finsihing the trip from Dallas on Thurs, morning!
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:43:20 AM EDT
[#2]
hope you all sweat too much!!!

TXL
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:57:24 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
hope you all sweat too much!!!

TXL

Come on Lewis, you know you can make it for a couple of days.

Come and sweat with us!
We will be at the hotel pool during the hell
heat of the day. Drinking on the Other side of the cabin.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:07:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 2:00:05 PM EDT
[#5]
well.....i lost my directions again.  Anyone want to tell me how to get out of dallas and on the right road?  say from arapeahoe (sp) lol, and 45.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 2:07:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 2:10:42 PM EDT
[#7]
ETH,
Looks like LT and I are leaving after work thursday,
What time are you leaving. Maybe we can all caravan together.
If your leaving earlier, no sweat, we will make it.
Make sure to stop off and load up on fireworks.
I'll spend more on fireworks this time than I will
on beer food and more beer.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 2:23:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
well.....i lost my directions again.  Anyone want to tell me how to get out of dallas and on the right road?  say from arapeahoe (sp) lol, and 45.

The quickest from Arapaho and 75 (what was 45) is to take 75 North until you get the George Bush tollway. (Two tollboths for a total of 1.50 I think)

Take the tollway exit heading west until you get to I-35 (several miles).

Take I-35 north until you get to US 380 just north of Denton.  

Take US 380 West until you get to US 287.  Take US 287 North... You should know from there.

The other option is to take US 75 North until you get to US 380 in McKinney.  Take 380 west until you get to US 287.

Email me with questions.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 3:07:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Ya'll are going to miss me riding in the Plano 4th of July Parade...

Car 1 = Grand Marshal - Hon. Sam Johnson
Car 2 = Plano VFW - WWII Vet & Korean War Vet
Car 3 = Plano VFW - 2 Vietnam War Vets
Car 4 = Plano VFW - (recently returned) Iraq War Vet & Desert Storm Vet (me)
...rest of parade

Wish I had time to make it out to the farm. Ya'll have fun but be safe out there.

(edited because I can't spell "Korean")
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 3:15:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Got ground clearance for 5-6 pm on Sat.  See you guys then.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:06:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll bring hotdogs for the midnight camp food.

TRG
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:31:21 PM EDT
[#12]

That hits hard.. fullclip
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:36:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:17:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

TRG

Bwahahahahaha!  I'm sorry I'm going to miss this!
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:45:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Damn Dude...at least be proud and make it kelbasa.

Hun....unless you've improved your technique stay out of the back of Citabria's tuck. Your dismount has got to improve. that had to have hurt.

Wish I could make this one. Keep it safe.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:49:34 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

TRG

I pity the first person who will pass out.

Link Posted: 7/1/2003 5:03:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 5:37:49 AM EDT
[#18]
You guys have fun....

Wish I was making $, I'd come up for at least a day or three....

Somebody make sure Citabria doesn't send a propane tank over the cabin again!!!

P.S. The SwampThing has moved out...so, I'm converting his room to my "gun" study!

BTW, to quote Cartman "I hate you guys"  (cause y'all get to go to the farm!)
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 5:57:43 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Post from Gopher -

Hun....unless you've improved your technique stay out of the back of Citabria's tuck. Your dismount has got to improve. that had to have hurt.

Nonsense! It was merely those East German judges who gave me the bad marks! Otherwise, I would have at least won the bronze medal for dismounting a farm pickup while holding a full glass (plastic) of Windex Margarita!

Besides, I was pretty much beyond pain by the time of my performance!

Eric The(AndNaryADropSpillt!)Hun

Damn French had those Germans on the take!
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 11:58:26 AM EDT
[#20]
frisco,
I'll just get those tracers when you get there
if thats ok with you. I have tannerite and
fireworks and beer to keep me happy for a while.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 11:59:55 AM EDT
[#21]
No problem...I loaded another 300 and have 200 left over from last time.

Link Posted: 7/1/2003 5:28:12 PM EDT
[#22]
I will have to miss this Farm event.  I have company coming in.  Everyone has to have a blue water for me.  Everyone have fun and enjoy the fourth of July.  

Link Posted: 7/2/2003 4:15:25 PM EDT
[#23]
My gear is packed and I'm ready to go.
To bad I have one more day of work.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:00:05 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm almost packed...done loading mags...now I'm loading stripper clips for the beta...

Save some ammo and fireworks for Sat night.

Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:38:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Happy 4th everyone.  Have a great time!

TXL

p.s. Think Cool

Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:13:55 AM EDT
[#26]
I am heading west in just a few minutes. I'll have hte brush cleared by the time you guys get there.

Jim will be there to keep me from getting bored.

TRG
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:15:36 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Damn Dude...at least be proud and make it kelbasa.

Does Oscar Mayer make a kielbasa?  I am brand-conscious, you know.

TRG
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:28:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:06:50 AM EDT
[#29]

You DFW brothers have fun, OK?  Damn it.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:17:36 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

You DFW brothers have fun, OK?  Damn it.

We'll try, but it's not the same without you bro!
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:45:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 10:43:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Well, It is SUNDAY ya'all

Hope you had a good time.

As a few might have guessed I could not join due to commitments with performing fireworks shows.

450lbs of explosives in 20minutes is fun but the HUN FARM would have been great. However, I have my duties.

The fireworks shows went great. No-one got injured. Just one incident with a shell the pre-maturely exploded. Just some ringing ears for a few guys on the line.
Although, I have to mention that I got really REALLY tore up by chiggers thursday night at a show in Mesquite.
I mean BAD! There subsiding a bit, still ozzing but I figure they start drying out by tuesday.
Both my ankles are swollen with about 10-15 bites on each. I also have them on various places on my legs, butt, sides, and even my %$# -%$#   :(

Hope you guys had a fun & safe weekend.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 3:14:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 5:11:54 PM EDT
[#34]
I have blisters all over my shoulder and arms.
Did you see my lobster thread?
Paying for the fun I had, but its worth it.
Just wish I had the energy to stay until Sunday.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 5:22:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Damn ILL caught your thread.. I feel you pain. I had that happen to me about 2 weeks ago one my friends boat. I didn't put any sun block on my feet and the got toasted. Work really sucked that week. Hope ya have a fast recovery.

Glad yall had fun up there. Wish I could've been there.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 6:59:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Well glad ya'll are back safe & sound.

Well sound anyway......safe?

Oh, just glad ya'll are back.

ILL, use beer to numb the pain.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 7:03:10 PM EDT
[#37]
PICTURES, PICTURES!!

Sorry I missed this one.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 7:05:15 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I have blisters all over my shoulder and arms.
Did you see my lobster thread?
Paying for the fun I had, but its worth it.
Just wish I had the energy to stay until Sunday.

Back in April, the SwampThing got seriously sunburned and bitched and moaned the entire 8 hour drive back to Houston...

I'm sure he feels your pain.

Legs, you're a good man, hope you feel better soon.

P.S. Is there a fucking job in DFW area for an old fat grey headed guy?

Coz
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 7:09:54 PM EDT
[#39]
I just got back at 9pm.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 12:14:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Thanks ETH!

Zachary and I had a great time seeing everybody there.  Sorry we missed y'all at the Down Home Bakery - Zach and I just had a hard time saying "ok, that's it" with the shooting.  We kept the barrels warm till about 12:30.  Ladies at the DHB commented what a nice guy ETH is and all his friends are nice guys too.  I agreed with her wholeheartedly!  Y'all finished off the beef tips so we plowed into the chicken, zuchini, hominy, broccoli, ect - damn, it was good.  After Zach had eaten a *full meal*, here's what he had for desert:

two "loads" of peach cobbler
a big piece of chocolate pie
part of my fried apple pie
a big homemade glazed doughnut

No risk of the poor little fellow dieing of malnutrition.....

Thanks again, ETH!!!

Thanks To bung and DPeacher for letting us shoot the M1's.  Thanks to all for the hospitality, sharring, and comraderie, and fireworks show.

Eric -  oil the gate lock - I didn't think we were gonna be able to get the !#$^#%^* closed!
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 5:30:13 AM EDT
[#41]
Squirrel.....That's what kept setting my alarm off Sat. night.  Funny sight to behold indeed.

Sorry I couldn't stay longer, but it was good seeing everyone.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 5:39:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 7:08:47 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
...ILL, use beer to numb the pain.

BTW, that's an internal application not external.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 7:13:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Made it in last night at 7pm.  Unloaded the truck, with the wife, then out to eat.  Then with the wife, and I passed out about 11pm....At about 3am with the wife again.

Then when I woke up this morning at 9:30, I figured out why my wife was so happy to have me back home....The Honey Do list was 4 days in the making.  I just finished the last chore, painting a wall in the dining room, and one wall in the living room, about 15 min ago.

Big THANKS to EricThe(HostWithTheMost)Hun for having all of us out to the farm, AND providing a hotel room (read: hot shower and flush commode) with access to a swimming pool and jacuzzi.  Rest assured, the world is a better place with ETH in it!

Let me see if I can name the faces...

Hound & Psyren (Keep'n the farm respectable!)
TRG & "Jim" (The .22 upper is sweet!  "Jim" is nice, but he just doesn't know when to quit!)
ILL (I didn't recognize you without a hat! )
LT ( Buddy, that's two times  in a row that you said you would make it...and DID!)
Bung (Thanks for letting me put that M40 clone through it's paces!  That is a nice rifle!)
Tate & Zach (What can I say, you guys are great! TWO helpings of peach cobbler with ice cream??!!!! GAWD was that food gooooooood!!!Well, Zach aka "Lil' Abner" is a growing boy.  Pretty soon Tate will have to have him fit for a harness and plow!)
Citabria7GCBC {Glad you could make the journey.  Did you call that number yet? )
Fullclip & son (Thank's for letting me borrow your son to set off fireworks!)
Frisco (There's a C&W song in there somewhere.  Sorry things went the way they did.  I hope you were able to get at least some trigger time before you had to leave.)

And if I left ANYONE out,  it's because the sun baked my brain. I swear I saw the devil under a mesquite tree fanning himself.  He looked me right in the eye and said. "DAMN it's hot!!".
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 7:48:54 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Made it in last night at 7pm.  Unloaded the truck, with the wife, then out to eat.  Then with the wife, and I passed out about 11pm....At about 3am with the wife again.

Wow.  With this kind of activities, Mrs. DPeacher would love it if you go to the Hun farm every single weekend

Glad you gents had fun.  What the heck am I talking about?  At the Hun farm, we always have fun just a matter of how much.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 8:10:34 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Frisco (There's a C&W song in there somewhere.  Sorry things went the way they did.  I hope you were able to get at least some trigger time before you had to leave.)

I did...What's funny is that I setup the 50 cal and took one shot at the target at the fence and knocked the SOB down.

Then I say ok, I'll just shoot the 300 yarder...one shot and I knocked it down.

After the 1000+ yard march down and back, I put the 50 up.  

Link Posted: 7/8/2003 6:09:15 AM EDT
[#47]
Morning all, thanks to eth for th einvite and as usual we had a great time.....I am sorry I didn't spend more time with you guys but us vampires have a problem with strong sunlight...and boy was it strong. And a word of advice---sometime try to end up at the farm with as few people as possible....just sit in a chair and watch the stars. I think I would drive out there just for that. I am feeling a little guilty about not being there for clean-up, so I hope you guys did a good job without me. Brian, thanks for supper, it is good to see you and know that the recent events haven't cooked your brains also.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top