Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:05:37 PM EDT
[#1]
That sucks. I fucking hate political correctness.

If you can buy it at a gunshow, you can put it up, as far as I'm concerned.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:27:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:49:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Last thing that offended me 'personally' was getting circumcised. Everything else since has been relatively easy to overlook.

Dayum!  Hopefully that was done at a young age.  Just thinking about it now......*shudders*

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:50:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I mostly share that view too.

Time and place though.

I was talking to my older boy a few years ago, right after I caught him cussing. And he knows how I prefer to speak bluntly daily when off the job. I had very little room to preach to him. So I explained to him that it might be a bad business decision for me to rent a room to a client and say, "...here's you're fucking keys", as I took their money from them. Pretty sure he understood <after he quit laughing hysterically> as well as my customers do.

No double standard applied on him. Just a deliberate piece of advice on how to get along with people in his own best interests.

Tough task to please any group.... seldom achieved but always desired.

That said, Blazing Saddles is a hilarious movie and Deadwood was a fantastic series, whether they fall within arfcoms COC or not. Too bad we can't quote them here more liberally without it offending the people who enjoy being offended.

Last thing that offended me 'personally' was getting circumcised. Everything else since has been relatively easy to overlook.

Did you say Deadwood?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:51:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Thanks for the mental image.......

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:55:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:11:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:23:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I mostly share that view too.

Time and place though.

I was talking to my older boy a few years ago, right after I caught him cussing. And he knows how I prefer to speak bluntly daily when off the job. I had very little room to preach to him. So I explained to him that it might be a bad business decision for me to rent a room to a client and say, "...here's you're fucking keys", as I took their money from them. Pretty sure he understood <after he quit laughing hysterically> as well as my customers do.

No double standard applied on him. Just a deliberate piece of advice on how to get along with people in his own best interests.

Tough task to please any group.... seldom achieved but always desired.

That said, Blazing Saddles is a hilarious movie and Deadwood was a fantastic series, whether they fall within arfcoms COC or not. Too bad we can't quote them here more liberally without it offending the people who enjoy being offended.

Sig line material if I ever saw any

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:59:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll give it an 8.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:29:55 PM EDT
[#10]
WTF, I'll weigh in.

I saw the avtar and noticed what it was. I wondered how someone could be insensitive enough to want to link such an excellent site as ar15.com to the Nazi regime. You say you wanted to represent arfcom dominance? That's not what history tells us about the Nazi's. Its a matter of having some respect for the millions of innocent people that were slaughtered by them. You want to say I'm over-sensitive because I take offense at having you link a site I pay to support to a time in history where the world almost fell into the clutches of the Nazis? A time where our grandfathers and fathers fought to push back the darkness that threatened to envelop the world? Fine. Think that. But I know that I am in the right.

And just in case you need a reminder of what the Nazi's meant:

Dead people. More than you can imagine. Herded together like cattle. Slaughtered while their mothers, fathers and children watched. And dumped into pits like garbage.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:30:26 PM EDT
[#11]

my great grandfather on my Moms side was a Nazi officer, my great grandfather on my Dads side died in a camp. That shit was fine. There are too many people here that take the internet waaaaaay to serious.

AR15.com has become corporate, it has real monetary value, monthly and annual income brought in from advertising and memberships, it needs to stay as clean as possible. That is where you get the PC and pussification.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:49:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

....smells like sauer kraut in here.

needs more dijonaise.....

Absolutely.....but Germans hate the French.

Naw..We Krauts don't hate the French.....after all, we do visit every so often.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:54:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

WTF, I'll weigh in.

I saw the avtar and noticed what it was. I wondered how someone could be insensitive enough to want to link such an excellent site as ar15.com to the Nazi regime. You say you wanted to represent arfcom dominance? That's not what history tells us about the Nazi's. Its a matter of having some respect for the millions of innocent people that were slaughtered by them. You want to say I'm over-sensitive because I take offense at having you link a site I pay to support to a time in history where the world almost fell into the clutches of the Nazis? A time where our grandfathers and fathers fought to push back the darkness that threatened to envelop the world? Fine. Think that. But I know that I am in the right.

http://www.infocenters.co.il/gfh_multimedia/GFH/0000002042/0000002042_1_web.jpg

Dead people. More than you can imagine. Herded together like cattle. Slaughtered while their mothers, fathers and children watched. And dumped into pits like garbage.

OK, I'll bite.  How about all these boys on this site you pay for that are sporting thier "johnny rebel" flags?  You may remember that little piece of OUR history where those types supported slavery?  Ran around Lynching people in groups?  But apparently that kind of sentiment is appreciated here or condoned?  Thier arguement of "well its southern pride"?  We can just forget about the reference of what the PAST of that flag meant.

How about the fact that the german olympic team still sports an eagle on thier uniforms?  News flash  The eagle head facing the right wing = GERMAN, the head facing the left wing = NAZI.  Take a peak at the current "german football team jersey.  The head is facing the right wing.  The german eagle doesnt equal a Nazi eagle.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:38:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, I give you a solid 9 for the rant, my friend.

I don't remember seeing this avatar we speak of, so can't really comment on it.  Musta not been up for long.

There is PC bullshit going on here and there........................what can ya do.  The site does have to hold to a certain standard of "appearance", because like it or not, ARFCOM is a huge site with alot of members......................................you, know, certain "folks" will take notice of certain things, no tinfoil hat here, just truth.

And as Bigscrun pointed out, alot of advetising going on on the site by alot of big manufacturers, so there's that........................................

I'm gonna go see what's goin' on in the pit now.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:54:48 PM EDT
[#15]

deasil............................. withershins

sun-wise.......................anti-sun-wise

toward God.................away from God

lucky...............................unlucky

good...................................evil

right-hand (path)............... left-hand (path)
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:55:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Don’t worry I knew what it was and I wasn’t offended...And I’m a fucking Jew...

Quoted:

[Irony]Jesus, when did they start letting Jews in here?[/Irony]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:02:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Yes, the swastika is actually shampoo "Sowilo", the "solar wheel", in Rune mythology, it's a bind-rune of the two Runes of the sun...........................but yeah, nowadays it ain't gonna be recognized as such, is it.

I put my 2 cents over in the PIt thread.

I didn't see anything wrong with the avatar, but I can see how some would.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:21:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dayum!  Hopefully that was done at a young age.  Just thinking about it now......*shudders*

Between ages 3-4.

Yes, I remember their faces. Fuckin Swedes. (Swedish Hospital, Seattle WA, 1972-ish)

I used to play poker with this guy that got snipped at 11...couldn't stop laughing and crying when he told us...

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:32:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I was wondering how long your avatar would last. I didn't wanna ask on the board and stir anything up.
But it was just a matter of time before they whined.

This.

"It's a nice run, Kev. Had to close out someday! Nobody wins 'em all."
8 min. 55 secs. in
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:41:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don’t worry I knew what it was and I wasn’t offended...And I’m a fucking Jew...

Quoted:

[Irony]Jesus, when did they start letting Jews in here?[/Irony]

We can't make fun of the Sons of Israel now.

Cat owners are okay.  And the British.  Not Canadians.  Canadians are friends.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:42:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:52:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:27:45 PM EDT
[#23]
I missed the avatar.  Or never noticed it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:39:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
We can't make fun of the Sons of Israel now.

Cat owners are okay.  And the British.  Not Canadians.  Canadians are friends.

Ah yes.  But we always have the fatties.  Fatties are always fair game.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:16:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
WTF, I'll weigh in.

http://www.infocenters.co.il/gfh_multimedia/GFH/0000002042/0000002042_1_web.jpg

Those look like Russian machine guns those guy's have in the picture. Maybe they are Russians? They are famous for mass murder too ya know.
They killed over 20 million Christians in the revolution. You would have to go research that though. It doesn't get any press.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:01:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Between ages 3-4.

Yes, I remember their faces. Fuckin Swedes. (Swedish Hospital, Seattle WA, 1972-ish)

Wow! I think they did me almost right outta the chute... I don't recall it at all...

I just realized - you're a youngster!
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:10:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Someone wake me when we get to 9mm vs .45 acp ....

I prefer Jeep

It's been a while since we've heard from the Kalis about how In-N-Out really is better than McDonalds.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:12:24 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I prefer Jeep

It's been a while since we've heard from the Kalis about how In-N-Out really is better than McDonalds.

You mean Glock, right?

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:15:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I prefer Jeep

You mean Glock, right?

There is no room for debate there. Everyone knows that SIGs are better.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:17:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I prefer Jeep

You mean Glock, right?

But the AK is a far better Rifle!
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:17:33 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I prefer Jeep

You mean Glock, right?

tsk tsk, you know that linux is more powerful and not nearly as bloated as windows...

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:30:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Chevy > Ford
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:34:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Ford > Government Motors

Sean Connery > Roger Moore
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:42:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:46:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Heinz > Hunts

Good Dod. Don't let 1GR see you referencing a Heinz product.

Hunts FTW.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:47:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Hellman's > Best Foods
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:53:14 AM EDT
[#37]
This Thread > than the Pit thread of the same name!
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:59:53 AM EDT
[#38]
2x^2 + y > y^2 + 2x
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:02:25 AM EDT
[#39]
HK > Glock
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:14:16 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:14:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Ed Sr hates +1 threads
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top