Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:21:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I am a definate in if there is still space for me.  I can bring the following party favors:  rivet squeezers, dremel, trigger guard rivet thingy (forgot the technical name for it) hammer, whips, chains, leather... oh wait, wrong party.have
And if it's not too late, put me down for one flat.  If it is too late don't worry about it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:02:49 AM EDT
[#2]
2-7-2006 Important update on Flats - See Page Two  Hallelujah.. Hallelujah!!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:14:20 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
FLATS  - FLATS - FLATS    

Last Chance I'm Ordering Tomorrow Monday February 6th.

midwestarmory.com has decent prices on flats.  His base price of $11.99 is the best I've seen. If we get a total of five flats ordered the shipping will be free.   There may be other flats that you guys like better.  This is just my two cents.

FLATS Sign up sheet (send me an instant message if you want to be included)  Just a little reminder for the new guys: you'll also need to get yourself a center support & rivets. They don't come with the flats.
Rent1prop - 0
JJK 308 -  0
Progunvoter - 0
Freakzilla - 0
Neonnight - 0
Blazer85 - 0

- do you want to join me on the flats backorder?  If so, how many do you want?    

I'd like to on that none backordered list as well.

Put me down for 0 as well....... I'd like the flats with the pretty blue ink........
In fact, I'd like to increase my order. Put me down for 3 times the original amount!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:22:29 PM EDT
[#4]
13 buxs if ok with me i still want my 3 :)
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:59:34 PM EDT
[#5]
price is fine, but one thing about copes is they charge the CC right away and there is really poor communication between them and buyers, they usually DO NOT send a shipped notification, I just bought mags and a few trigg guards from them, saw where the charged the card, then about 10-14 days later package arrived...I was not in a hurry, but if you dont see them by FEb 17 th or the 20 th at the latest, get on the phone......thanks for ordering for us
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:06:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I got the TG rivet jig that I'm borrowing from a guy on a different board today, so we definately have one of those!!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:52:14 PM EDT
[#7]
HK we have another one so thats great we have 2 now, I got my rivets today, and an extra bolt cutter river tool, that makes about 5 of those, but at least one has gotta work...one of the other guys has a line on borrowing a spot welder, but we have to throw him like $ 30 and buy the modified tong from akbuilder as well, so any body that wants to bend flats maybe chip in a few $$$ for the cause $$$...also went to HF to get a blast cabinet but they were out and got a rain check, hope it will come in by the party......hope everyone has ordered their parts kits and receivers and/or flats, you can put the compliance parts in later but dont forget to order the cross piece support, get an extra one or two they do mess up fairly easy and u dont want to get stuck in the middle of the build ( trying to install later you can crush your receiver and ruin your build ) just order an extra if u dont need it sell it to someone that does at the party....I will start a what u bringing tool post next week and we can get better organized....thanks Mark
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:12:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
gotta finish 2 YUgo krinks wiyh Global trades rec. from last party :)

i have large drill press & heavy duty 6" vise available

I was wondering if you ever got your recievers for the krinks,I got both of mine finally from GT and maybe one more
by the party

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:16:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Is this a once a year build,It looks like the last one was a while ago.Im still reading into everything,Milled receivers seem to be a pain,I should have a Yugo from CSI on its way soon,I have been bitten by the Ak bug
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:01:16 PM EDT
[#10]
milled are a buger, if you are doing a yugo make sure you get a yugo receiver, you cant use a flat for that build, as for the parties, I hosted one in So Fla back in June of last year, Walt had the Daytona party ( Sept or Oct ), two weeks after that I went to the gunsnet Tampa party just to bend a flat & spot weld 2 other rec, also got a little welding done on my tactical romy G with the AMD top and bottom handguards ( work still in progress )..........this party was originally going to be a finishing party, to paint, parkerize and dura-coat, but  I have acquired a polish Tantal and a Bulg AK 74 in last months so it turned back into a combo build-refinish party...who knows where we go from here....we pretty much have all tools in place, i am working on a few last details, keep an eye out for a what u bringing tool thread in next few days......Mark
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:08:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Gentlemen, your Flats have arrived. See page two for details.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:10:28 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I hope that you also got the ones that I didn't order.

I've come to the conclusion that you can have to many ak's.

I'm getting close to that number.

17 more will put me over that number....

Slightly off subject
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:17:22 PM EDT
[#13]

I was wondering if you ever got your recievers for the krinks,I got both of mine finally from GT and maybe one more
by the party

yeah receivers are home href=Slightly off subject
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:02:54 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I got a little worried there as I saw Copes want on vacation till the 15 th or something like that , glad to know they are here
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:09:11 PM EDT
[#15]
paypal sent for my flats :) thanks
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:48:12 AM EDT
[#16]
I have  aquestion about the flats.  Do they come with the rails?  And where can I find the center post that is needed?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:19:54 AM EDT
[#17]
I just placed an order for the center supports from ak-builder.com . Global trades has them in stock as well but ak-b seems to ship a little faster.

Mark, How many people are comming to build and do we have a Plinkers jig?
Scott
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:30:54 PM EDT
[#18]
I am expecting 10 may be 12 at the most, some have said I'm there dude, but never responded since, at this point I believe we have everything we need ( no plinkers Jig ) that damn thing takes too long to set up, if you have one, by all means bring it, but as of now No one has one, I think there will be like 4 sets of bolt cutter rivet crushers, and at least 2 bending jigs maybe 3.....I will post a tool list tomorrow and we can see what we are missing, if u havent ordered those cross peices, get a few extras, somebody might not have one and u could sell  it off.....

I also wanted to get an idea if anyone is planning to hang around till Sunday to attend the machine gun shoot at Hernando Sportsmans club, its like $ 2 to spectate and $ 25 if u wanna shoot....I think a few of the guys from FSN with the go fast fun toys are planning big as this shoot is always good.....you can PM me for more details if needed....later Mark
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:57:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Rivet, Riiivet.   FWIW I just received my $67.50 worth of rivets. Tina little box but enough for quite a few builds.   If you need rivets I'll have them available.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:57:31 PM EDT
[#20]
I started a tool list please move all dicsussions to there...thanks Mark
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:15:13 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
price is fine, but one thing about copes is they charge the CC right away and there is really poor communication between them and buyers, they usually DO NOT send a shipped notification, I just bought mags and a few trigg guards from them, saw where the charged the card, then about 10-14 days later package arrived...I was not in a hurry, but if you dont see them by FEb 17 th or the 20 th at the latest, get on the phone......thanks for ordering for us

I just got a shipment from them the other day. It was charged and shipped the day i ordered. I also receieved an email confirmation with the ups traking info. I also called and had some one answer the phone right away. I really like being able to call some one before ordering.

Also I have talked to HKINFL on another board and let him know i would be in for this build. it will be my first. i have a Romy G and 2 ewbanks receivers(or they will be here in a day or so) I may also buy one more kit to bring just in case. I would like to do one rivet build and one of the "drive screw" builds. I am in ocala and will be with out kids for the weekend!! :))

What all should i bring being the NUB and all, Beer and rum?

Also i have a tapco flat that i may try to bend and all if i can find time.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:45:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Seeing you on both sides now man!!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:06:06 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I started a tool list please move all dicsussions to there...thanks Mark

move all further discussions over to the tool list thread...thanks
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top