Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:29:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm In. October 16-17 in EauClaire works for me. I imagine a hard headcount with prepayment would assure Sully we'd be there. The Kill indicated the landowner and son would want to be put through the class for providing the land. Would we split this cost between attendees. Also, I'd prefer the beginner Carbin/Rifle class. Dan
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:57:38 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm In. October 16-17 in EauClaire works for me. I imagine a hard headcount with prepayment would assure Sully we'd be there. The Kill indicated the landowner and son would want to be put through the class for providing the land. Would we split this cost between attendees. Also, I'd prefer the beginner Carbin/Rifle class. Dan

As I understand it from previous conversations with Sully, as long as we get ten paying students, the host should be good to go as a comp.  With ten students, it's $150 a head.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:39:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Ok I got all my paperwork in here at work so it's in the bosses hands now..........
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:27:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:16:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Ok some questions (just incase the powers that be do let me off work)
What to bring gear wise
Round count- I'm not shooting this class with wolf so I gots to know how much blackhills to get.
Is there a place to camp? I'd rather pitch a tent than stay in a hotel/motel.
Thats it fort now I'm sure I can come up with some more later.

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:43:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Oh bummer, that sux.  Out of respect for GB and the rest of the crew, I think we should try to plan a different weekend.  I absolutely do not want to compete with Gunstock.  In fact, I want to go!!!

Any thoughts about the conflict?  Perhaps Sully may have a different weekend open down the line a little bit?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:26:47 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Oh bummer, that sux.  Out of respect for GB and the rest of the crew, I think we should try to plan a different weekend.  I absolutely do not want to compete with Gunstock.  In fact, I want to go!!!

Any thoughts about the conflict?  Perhaps Sully may have a different weekend open down the line a little bit?

Well I'm down for the current dates, or new dates, I'll just have to re-request for the days off.

Ok guys everyone that wanted to do this get yer arses in here and lets hash this out and get things set.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:46:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well I'm down for the current dates, or new dates, I'll just have to re-request for the days off.

Ok guys everyone that wanted to do this get yer arses in here and lets hash this out and get things set.

Waiting on Sully. I can make any weekend work. The conflict with Gunstock sucks, but if we can make this fly, it'll open the door for future classes.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:09:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Well, I gues there is always going to be some conflict. Let's move ahead. Not everyone is going to gunstock and I can make the weekend in question. There'll be other weekends but winter's going to come early this year so if we are going to get on this, now is the time.

That's my 2 cents anyway.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:23:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:57:05 AM EDT
[#11]
I should hear from my buddy tonight.  Hopefully it pans out, but I emailed him a few days ago and haven't heard back.  Will post ASAP.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:02:13 PM EDT
[#12]
+1 by me Doc.

BulletcatchR
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:45:05 PM EDT
[#13]
So far we have;
myself
A non board friend
Bulletcatcher
drjarhead
4weelin

We need 5 more confirmed to make this fly. Who else is in?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:19:15 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm checking.....
Could have a total of 1-3 depending....
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:43:27 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
So far we have;
myself
A non board friend
Bulletcatcher
drjarhead
4weelin

We need 5 more confirmed to make this fly. Who else is in?

As soon as I find out if my request for off is oked I'll let you know.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:36:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Possibly two more.

I have a job that Saturday (I could possibly get another guy to do it).

The wife and I were planning on leaving for our vacation that Sunday.

IF I can convince her to delay our vacation for a day, and come up with the funds, and get someone else to do my job, then you might have 2 more.

-FMD
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:18:46 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm in for the 16-17th Do we need to send funds...and to whom?
Cheers,
Dave
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:52:13 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm seriously considering this, but need more info before I radio 'Kitchen 6" with a request to go.
What will the course cover?
Ammo needed? Rifle/Pistol ?
Firm Confirmation on Site /Facilities and Location

Details on some Hotel's/ Motels would be nice too as I am No Longer  Workin for Uncle Sam, I don't sleep outside for free
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:23:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:09:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Just to update everyone, my friend is on an FTX at McCoy this weekend.  When he gets home, he is going to see if he can clear this with "the boss" and I'll post as soon as I find out if it's a go or not.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:43:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:33:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Looks like it's 99% that Carrie and I are in.  Will confirm here ASAP.

-FMD
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:01:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Okay.

We're in (two students).

I've got some questions, though.  Sully are you available via IM or email?

-FMD
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:09:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:31:16 AM EDT
[#25]
So whats the good word folks?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:37:34 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Sounds like there will be enough. If not, I can probably dredge up one or two more.
We need a firm commitment on the land from what I can see.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:40:41 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like there will be enough. If not, I can probably dredge up one or two more.
We need a firm commitment on the land from what I can see.

I'm just trying to get everything set from my side so I can be there, which sucks in a way, cuz a friend of mine is getting married on the 16th. I didn't know that of course till yesterday when I got the invite in the mail. But I already commited to making this class if the boss gives me off so it's a good thing and a bad thing. I already missed one friends wedding so this will make two now.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:48:16 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Just to update everyone, my friend is on an FTX at McCoy this weekend.  When he gets home, he is going to see if he can clear this with "the boss" and I'll post as soon as I find out if it's a go or not.

Tell us good things. Any word?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:36:58 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tell us good things. Any word?

I just talked to him.  His wife brought up an issue I hadn't thought about: liability.

How do we make sure that my buddy and his family are protected legally?  Have everyone sign a waiver of liability.  Is that sufficient?  Need to know ASAP!  She won't agree unless we can provide legal protection.  I don't blame her, she doesn't know anybody that will be there other than myself.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:43:26 PM EDT
[#30]
I'd sign a waiver in a heartbeat, if that's all it took to pull this off...
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:56:10 PM EDT
[#31]
I'd sign a waiver, no problem. Can hardly blame them for wanting to protect themselves--smart girl.
Of course if one of you bozos shoot me, I'll sue the shit out of you!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:58:02 PM EDT
[#32]
ditto
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:02:53 PM EDT
[#33]
I won't be making this training but following the discussion, I do have this thought to contribute.  I would think that Sully has encountered the 'landowner liability' problem before and likely has a solution available. (ironclad waivers, etc)  I wouldn't get too worried until after you bring this to Sully's attention.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:40:23 PM EDT
[#34]
+1
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:20:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Hello, I have been to several of Sully's classes and he has had a waiver to sign for each one that protects the land owner.

So, just wondering, how would you in the WI crew feel about a couple of MN boys attending? These classes are fantastic and I like to take every chance I get for more range time.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:34:43 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Hello, I have been to several of Sully's classes and he has had a waiver to sign for each one that protects the land owner.

So, just wondering, how would you in the WI crew feel about a couple of MN boys attending? These classes are fantastic and I like to take every chance I get for more range time.

Just so you're not a damn FIB.

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:46:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quinlan,

4Wheelin is already an honorary WI hometown member (he showed up at the August shoot), so I guess it's okay...

...so long as no one wears purple, yellow, or horns!

Green and gold will be acceptable, however.  

-FMD
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:55:55 PM EDT
[#38]
I was actually born in Sheboygan and raised in Plymouth WI. The green and gold was part of my upbringing.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:02:07 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Hell yeah, you ludifisk eaters are more than welcome. After all, we are stealing Sully from you.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:39:06 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Quinlan,

4Wheelin is already an honorary WI hometown member (he showed up at the August shoot), so I guess it's okay...

...so long as no one wears purple, yellow, or horns!

Green and gold will be acceptable, however.  

-FMD

And 4wheelin let my GF shoot is CAR15 at the last FNS.  He's golden in my book!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:50:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:04:11 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Ladies and Gentlemen,

On the liability and insurance issues, yes we do have everyone sign a waiver.  We also do carry trainers insurance.  I have contacted our insurance carrier about this, as we normally train on Police Ranges, or our home based range.  Directly from the Liability Horses Mouth, we are covered on any firearms training that takes place on a designated range.  

Stay Safe,
Greg Sullivan "Sully"
Chief Instructor
www.thedefensiveedge.com

TheKill Could I ask you to expidite clearing this with your friend? Time's awastin'.

We'll be some highly trained, high speed, low drag chedderheads.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:57:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:59:45 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
...And 4wheelin let my GF shoot is CAR15 at the last FNS.  He's golden in my book!

I think he must be tryin' to steal our gals.

He had my wife shoot a few rounds from one of his guns and I had to go out and buy 2 AR's to make her happy!

Yeah, I think he's okay.  

PS: Thanks, 4Wheelin!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:02:49 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We'll be some highly trained, high speed, low drag chedderheads.

We will have to work on the  teflon coating and air cooled!!!

Stay Safe,
Greg Sullivan "Sully"
Chief Instructor
www.thedefensiveedge.com

Somehow I think I'll end up as a highly trained, low speed, high drag, teflon coated (not enough speed for air cooling, besides, I prefer my cooling via beer anti-freeze) chedder head, but I got faith in ya Sully!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:13:53 PM EDT
[#46]
OK, I'm in.  How do we handle payment?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:25:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Any openings still available?   I know of one or two people that might be interested.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:53:33 AM EDT
[#48]
More folks, cool!

Lad you decided to join us, MP

When I asked Sully about payment, he said he was going to have a registration/payment page at the DE website setup shortly.

-FMD
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 3:48:54 PM EDT
[#49]
OK, folks, sorry I haven't updated.  I got ahold of the landowner, he has been busy.  I filled him in on everyone signing a waiver of liability, and I will have a go/no go tomorrow.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:56:09 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
OK, folks, sorry I haven't updated.  I got ahold of the landowner, he has been busy.  I filled him in on everyone signing a waiver of liability, and I will have a go/no go tomorrow.  

cool, than i can get on the boss to let me know if i'll have off or not. and it better be a yes she gives me or i may just have to be "sick".
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top