Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:02:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Should we make a list of who is bringing what type of edible items. What if we all show up with hot dogs and nobody has buns? Drinks but no cups and all that good stuff.

I can only think about my Eotech coming in and trying it out! I'm sure I can overcome the excitment and contribute to the grill in some way.

My wife said she would bring PIE!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:18:25 AM EDT
[#2]
i'll bring some soda and a gallon of ice tea or w/e drinks ya'll want.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:24:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I can bring some venison burgers again.
I like PIE
GLOCK-23
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:43:25 PM EDT
[#4]
If my workschedule doesn't interfere, I'll be there. May bring one other person with me. I could bring some chips &  french onion dip and maybe some pickles. When I heard there'd be pie, I knew I couldn't miss out on this one!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:16:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I like PIE
GLOCK-23

can't wait to try it.  never had it before.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:53:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I like PIE
GLOCK-23

Nah, too easy
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:02:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I like PIE
GLOCK-23

Nah, too easy

Never had PIE!?
GLOCK-23
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:06:11 PM EDT
[#8]
geeze pervs, i was talking about the venison!  and the pie... let's see, i'm a 20 year old college student
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:30:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
and the pie... let's see, i'm a 20 year old college student

That's not a definitive answer
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:44:39 AM EDT
[#10]
I can also bring a large folding table if it would help with eveything food related. Who's in charge of this freight train anyway?

Wife said she will bake a chocalte cheese cake, pecan pie, apple pie, and chocolate chip cookies!
Anybody have any other ideas?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:03:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:03:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:06:45 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Here is a list I compiled by replies as to who has volunteered to bring stuff. If you are on the list and want off just say so and vice versa. This is gonna kick ass!

Food Bringers                      

1. Dsking85 -  Burgers                          
2. MadMardigan – Burgers and/or Drinks
3. UH_SALT (me) – PIE! & cookies
4. Glock-23 – Venison burgers
5. Big_Cheese – Chips, dip, and pickles.

Stuff Bringers

1. caveman – Tables and folding chairs  *IF he can come*
2. WUFMAN – The GRILL!
3. UH_SALT – A long folding table if caveman can’t make it.

hey, i'm gonna bring soda and ice tea instead of burgers
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:29:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Me, My A1, and My K98 will be there, if i can find the damn place. Anyone near burlington or in burlington heading that way and mind me following them?

Quoted:
geeze pervs, i was talking about the venison!  and the pie... let's see, i'm a 20 year old college student

Good I won't be the only young one there.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:18:12 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Me, My A1, and My K98 will be there, if i can find the damn place. Anyone near burlington or in burlington heading that way and mind me following them?

Quoted:

i'm goin there from Greensboro.  you might have to go through there anyway.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:53:24 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Im 25, does that count?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:14:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Well I think I screwed up my zero on my aimpoint yesterday so I'll be there to get it right, and to throw ungodly amounts of ammo down range.  I also want to fire that .50 cal AR. I can bring whatever I need to as far as food goes.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:00:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Hmmm...the 18th?  Possibly...
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:33:32 AM EDT
[#19]
anyone bringing a 50BMG?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:18:41 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i'm goin there from Greensboro.  you might have to go through there anyway.

sounds good man, mind if i meet you somewhere in Gboro?

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Im 25, does that count?

haha, yeah that counts.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:37:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Help me out.............just found out the alcohol is forbidden in all the campgrounds and the day use areas of  Uwharrie................does this include camping on the side of the road.
Does this mean no beer sitting around the campfire?
Only thing I found pertains to the campgrounds, not open camping thru out the park.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated. I would like to be able to enjoy a couple of cold ones around the fire at night.

It is federal land and I don't need to break any laws and get fined.

See yaw on the 18th.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:34:26 PM EDT
[#22]
You can do whatever you want on the side of the road, and you are correct, you're not supposed to have any on developed campgrounds...
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:06:54 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Help me out.............just found out the alcohol is forbidden in all the campgrounds and the day use areas of  Uwharrie................does this include camping on the side of the road.
Only thing I found pertains to the campgrounds, not open camping thru out the park.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated. I would like to be able to enjoy a couple of cold ones around the fire at night.

See yaw on the 18th.

You can drink in any of the primative camping areas but not in the family camp grounds
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:41:05 AM EDT
[#24]
i can meet you somewhere in greensboro to follow you to uwharrie if that's cool? just tell me when and where.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:42:07 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
i can meet you somewhere in greensboro to follow you to uwharrie if that's cool? just tell me when and where.

I live off of Lee st, so i can meet you somewhere along there when i'm leaving.  i don't have a set time yet, i don't wanna show up too early and use too much ammo, but i want to get there early enough to snag a bench.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:31:43 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

See yaw on the 18th.

We use to camp there all the time in high school, we just left the alcohol in the car until the rangers came around, then got it out and got tore back, we only got busted once, but the just told us we were not allowed to bring alcohol, and took all that they found. ut that was when i was 18.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:55:07 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I live off of Lee st, so i can meet you somewhere along there when i'm leaving.  i don't have a set time yet, i don't wanna show up too early and use too much ammo, but i want to get there early enough to snag a bench.

sounds good, just let me know when you want to leave.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:43:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Getting ready guys....

I know, my camera sucks, but my bonus check will be here next week, If I have enough left over from my Kimber Eclipse Im buying, I might get a new one.

I have some loading to do, I need more mags too.

Guns Shown:

Remington 700 in 30-06 with a Leupold 3-9x 40mm Rifleman scope
Bushmaster XM15e2s sporting a Beta-C
Beretta Storm CX4 in 9mm
L1A1 (Yes, that is a 30 round .308 mag)
Springfield Armory 1911 Gov Model

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:44:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:27:19 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
My fortunes have turned!

YA-HOO!!!
Glad you can make it..
GLOCK-23
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:00:25 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
My fortunes have turned!

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:04:08 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My fortunes have turned!

Hell yeah it's gonna be fun!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:40:47 PM EDT
[#33]
*&$+#@$*%!   I'm not gonna be able to make.
I have too much stuff to do at work that I can't take Sat off without putting myself way behind

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:05:08 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
My fortunes have turned!

Still wanna shoot my Storm?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:02:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:47:56 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My fortunes have turned!

Did someone say Storm?.......I've been wanting one of those.
What caliber? if it's 9mm, I've got some 30rd magazines for it. I use them in my 9sfs, less reloading.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:21:17 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
You will be missed caveman.

MadMardigan, Please bring the Storm

ETA: As long as we are on requests, does anyone have a Springfield XD?

I do

Maybe next time
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:19:42 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

ETA: As long as we are on requests, does anyone have a Springfield XD?

I have an XD, the subcompact model in .40 that I'll be bringing.

HC
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 11:04:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Wow, just eralized that I had not posted in this thread.  Myself and moefugger will be there.  MadMardigan, there will definitely be a .50 BMG (moefugger's), another Beowulf and a .458 SOCOM, along with whatever else I can make up my mind to bring.

Anybody bringing a rifle gong this time?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:36:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Wow, I'm gonna have to see which one of you guys I can persuade into letting me shoot one of these 50 BMG's! Always wanted to shoot one.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:05:49 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Wow, I'm gonna have to see which one of you guys I can persuade into letting me shoot one of these 50 BMG's! Always wanted to shoot one.

DITTO!
GLOCK-23
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:23:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Two more days, my trigger finger is getting itchy, lol. Seriously, I can't wait. I had a lot of fun at the last get together. It was nice to put some faces to some avatars.The only bad news is I might not be "+1" anymore. My neighbor may have to work, so I guess that makes me "+0".

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:02:27 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
My fortunes have turned!

Did someone say Storm?.......I've been wanting one of those.
What caliber? if it's 9mm, I've got some 30rd magazines for it. I use them in my 9sfs, less reloading.

9mm

It will be there for you to shoot all you want.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:03:29 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Wow, just eralized that I had not posted in this thread.  Myself and moefugger will be there.  MadMardigan, there will definitely be a .50 BMG (moefugger's), another Beowulf and a .458 SOCOM, along with whatever else I can make up my mind to bring.

Anybody bringing a rifle gong this time?

Ill pick up some .50bmg ammo today.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:06:08 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

you decide on a place time and place to meet?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:30:46 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

you decide on a place time and place to meet?

Sly if you want I could meet you at the Waffle House in Lexington.
PM sent.
GLOCK-23
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:38:48 AM EDT
[#47]
What's the best route from the east side of Winston?  52-40-109?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:45:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:59:11 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I would say so
Mapquest
Eta- all but that 40 part

I thought there was a 109 exit off of 40 east, but it would probably be faster to take 52 to 8...thanks
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:27:32 AM EDT
[#50]
My plans have changed for this weekend and it looks like I will be able to meet everyone up there.  Fairly new to the forum so I don't know anyone.  Comming up from Bennettsville, SC.  See y'all there.  Will bring some snacks for the lunch.  Thanks, Wj
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top